Rough Road Pack = increased ground clearance?

My car has the RRP and whilst I can see the plastic protection for the underbody it's also meant to offer "increased ride height".

Think I read that it's around 5cm higher IIRC but my question is does this equate to more clearance between the sills and the deck? Just asking because my car doesn't look any higher than others I see and I can't imagine they've all got the RRP fitted.

Im sure. Rrp adds 15mm. It should be measurable, its 15mm after all.

Edit. Im mistaken. Its 30mm. Its sportsuspension that lowers the car 15mm

Edited by Gromle

Im sure. Rrp adds 15mm. It should be measurable, its 15mm after all.

Edit. Im mistaken. Its 30mm. Its sportsuspension that lowers the car 15mm

RRP is 15mm higher than standard and sport is 15mm lower than standard.

Scout is 32mm higher than standard,

Edited by Grumpy Finn

RRP is 15mm higher than standard and sport is 15mm lower than standard.

Scout is 32mm higher than standard,

Of course. Note to self, never post when you are barely awake.

• Like 1

From the manual:-

Clearance
Basic dimension. 140
Vehicles with a rough road package. 155
Vehicles with a SPORT package. 125

More confused now as on my car the clearance looks to be around 175 mm from road to the bottom of the guard which juts down just behind the door pillar.

Where are they measuring it?

Edited by chelon

From the brochure:

Suspension (mm)                              Scout

Height (at kerb weight*)                    1,531

Clearance (at kerb weight*)                 171

Suspension variants (mm)            Standard        Sports     4x4      vRS

Height (at kerb weight*)                   1,465               1,450     1,463     1,452

Clearance (at kerb weight*)                140                    125      139       127

All figures are in mm, unless otherwise stated

Plus rough road package adds 15mm if added as an option (but presumably is already included in the Scout measurements...)

I'd say it's pretty difficult to measure the clearance to the suspension easily - think I'll just measure to the sill and compare it to other cars - unless anyone with/without the RRP could measure and post up?

I have always preferred cars to have reasonable ground clearance and was one reason why I have had a few SUV type with 200mm clearance.

When I got the Mk2 I was a bit worried that I would not adapt my driving habits for its 'normal' 150mm clearance. We get our fair share of speed humps and, worse still, spoon drains in the urban areas (a friend once took out his sump going too fast into the dip of one). But because the Octavia does not have sloppy suspension it has proven more than adequate, even when driving on dirt roads.

A relative visited with his new Jeep Grand Cherokee and was saying he really needed a 2 inch lift on it. I was mystified until he drove out of our driveway onto the road and the oversized OEM mudflaps graunched loudly on the access guttering. So he did not need a lift just smaller mudflaps.

My Octavia 3 with OEM mudflaps and standard suspension has no issues clearing the guttering.

If I needed more clearance the Scout has just been released here in Australia and it looks pretty good.

My measurement to the bottom of the outer sill, just behind the front wheel mudflap is 197mm. I can see that clearance underneath the car is less though.