Fog Light Cracked

Afternoon All,

I gave the car a quick tidy up over the weekend and unfortunately one of the fog light lenses has cracked. It seems this is a common thing and appears that the whole unit needs to be replaced from some searching on here. I have a couple of questions from those in the know or who've done the job recently if you folks would be so kind:

There are aftermarket units or Hella ones, are the Hella ones worth the considerable extra cost?

Can it be done with the bumper on? I have access to ramps at work so this may help.

Are there any other bits (clips etc) I ought to get just in case before attempting this? If so, part numbers would be appreciated.

Finally, does anyone have any general hints, tips or advice on doing the job please?

From what I've read its a relatively simple job, I just thought I'd get some advice from those of you with experience before I have a go.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Clarkey.

Our local Skoda man did it on my sons VRS. I bought the unit from Europarts.......a complete light unit for £15 believe it or not. It was a bumper off job.

• Like 1

Yeah it's a bumper off. Also, don't get ripped off buying the Fabia ones, look for the Lupo fog lights as they're much cheaper.

Have a search on the MK1 Fabia section and you'll find a part number.

• Like 1

We changed the fog light on my friends 1.4 2002 skoda fabia simply by taking off some of the plastic grills that make the bumper look pretty, saved us taking the entire bumper off and replaced it in about 10 minutes. 

The Fabia vRS fogs are screwed into the bumper, which only takes 10/15 minutes to remove.

I've had mine off that many times now I can do it in about 3 minutes lol. 

Pretty simple job, just two screws holding the fogs in on the top, with a little clip on the bottom. The clip on the bottom can fall out too so pays to careful with it so you don't lose it. 

I've had mine off that many times now I can do it in about 3 minutes lol.

Pretty simple job, just two screws holding the fogs in on the top, with a little clip on the bottom. The clip on the bottom can fall out too so pays to careful with it so you don't lose it.

~3 minutes to get the bumper off.... Good work :D

Thanks for finishing my post (#3) in this thread :D

• Like 1