Fabia 2 monte resr disc conversion

Problem is, in my eyes, even on the VRS, the rear discs are that small that a budweiser bottle cap is barely smaller. So not that asthetically pleasing imo.

Its not exactly like glancing over at the huge vented rear discs of a BMW M5 or whatever.

But if the OP likes it, thats all that counts (:

I thought exactly that when walking up to the Combo after the test fit, too much gap so looks crap

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Whys are people getting there nickers in a twist about putting rear discs on a monte for gods sake the op says in post #6 'Purely cosmetic'

Personally think its worthwhile because every time i looked at my rusty rear drums which i cant bring myself to paint incase they look worse i have a small whimper inside, Ill be following the progress :)

• Like 1

Many with discs that just start rusting away when only a few hundred miles old or left parked and unused for a few days will probably have a small whimper inside as well.

The rear drums are easy to treat with some rust inhibitor and then give a coating of paint to stop the rust readily returning.

post-86161-0-30508400-1441260013_thumb.jpg

post-86161-0-29198800-1441260186_thumb.jpg

post-86161-0-86218400-1441260458_thumb.jpg

I for one will be watching this with interest, as this was a mod I intended to do to my Monte (for the asthetics) and because they wouldn't sell me a VRS with a Monte body kit. but as many people have said it's your car and do it for you, I've done lots of mods other people didn't like but they put a smile on my face!

• Like 2

Whys are people getting there nickers in a twist about putting rear discs on a monte for gods sake the op says in post #6 'Purely cosmetic'

Personally think its worthwhile because every time i looked at my rusty rear drums which i cant bring myself to paint incase they look worse i have a small whimper inside, Ill be following the progress :)

I painted my drums and front disc brakes black last year, best decision ever haha, look 10 times better and no sign of rusting. I used Hammerite smooth black, £9.99 a tin (small one) and still got over half a tin left.
  • Like 1

They look great when you paint them. I sprayed them with Hamerite smooth black.

WP_20150509_17_34_18_Pro_zpsxyrkxejm.jpg

WP_20150510_17_39_51_Pro_zpsn4wt4z2v.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Right got all the bits sorted now, decided on a colour for the brakes painted the calipers and frames, got the new discs & pads and handbrake cables, so should be doing this conversion in the next few weeks I'll take pics of it to help people out

Yep, I may do that. I'll see. It's annoying though because the paint that's on is 4 coats of Hamerite smooth black.

When did you paint them? I've painted mine with hammerite as well a while ago and no rusting just yet.

When did you paint them? I've painted mine with hammerite as well a while ago and no rusting just yet.

Did them in the beginning of May., they looked great, lots of paint on them and they looked like they would last forever, Wiped over them with a mitt the other day to get rid of a bit of mud while the wheels were off and noticed they are now rusting.

• 3 weeks later...

Right weather permitting I wil be doing the rear disc conversion this weekend

Oooh. I might be buying a Monte after this weekend. Which means I'll have to paint drums all over again anyway. And calipers. Ah well, this **** never ends does it?

Got to say this has interested me- the brakes in our VRS are significantly better than those in the Monte. How much is it costing you? I think it's probably a bit too expensive to be worth the effort for me.

Definitely going to paint the brakes, though- I was going to go for black for the drums, which look awful at the minute, and Skoda green for the calipers (on our silver Monte that should look OK, right?).