Add new T91 remote to Webasto heater on Octavia III

Hi, I ordered my Octavia with a Webasto heater, which I'm quite happy with. However, only one remote was included, and the Skoda's price for another one was very high. So, I ordered one on eBay, and want to program it. Note that I'm not retrofitting the remote receiver, only programming a new remote.

I have found the following documentation (sorry for the Norwegian documents):

The T91 manual describes that either a 1 A or 30 A fuse should be removed before pressing Off on the remote, to perform the programming (p 142)

The Octavia manual describes that some auxiliary heater fuses are in the fuse box in the engine compartment, however, they were empty in my car

A Webasto installation guide indicates that the fuses should be in separate holders. However, I could not find the holder in the engine compartment

The next step would maybe be to try to pry open the panels in the passenger compartment, but I'm a bit hesitant to do it before I know that it is the solution.

Have any of you successfully programmed an additional remote? Could you please point me to where the fuses I want to remove are located?

Did you get T91 or T91R remote. Just asking as some sources say that only the R-version will work.

The fuse that you are looking for is number seven in the dash fuse panel. If you have LHD vehicle, you find the fuse panel behind the small storage compartment left from the steering wheel. Removing the box takes some force, but it's still much easier to remove/re-apply this box than the glove box in the RHD vehicles.

The manual shows the fuse layout and how to access those. So the one you are looking for is "Air conditioning, heating, recipient of the wireless remote control for auxiliary heating, selector lever of the automatic transmission", which is the above mentioned fuse 7.

Edited by ept
  • Like 1

How much did they want for an extra remote?

I believe it was 2500-3500 NOK, but I couldn't find a quote.

Did you get T91 or T91R remote. Just asking as some sources say that only the R-version will work.

The fuse that you are looking for is number seven in the day fuse panel. If you have LHD vehicle, you find the fuse panel behind the small storage compartment left from the steering wheel. Removing the box takes some force, but it's still much easier to remove/re-apply this box than the glove box in the RHD vehicles.

The manual shows the fuse layout and how to access those. So the one you are looking for is "Air conditioning, heating, recipient of the wireless remote control for auxiliary heating, selector lever of the automatic transmission", which is the above mentioned fuse 7.

Actually, the eBay page says both... Thanks a lot, then I'll try again :) I tried to open it earlier, but a plastic bit on the top of the box (part of the locking mechanism) seems to be in the way. Shall I really force it past this? The manual tells me to press on the sides of the box, so maybe that will "squeeze" the box in the right direction.

I tried to open it earlier, but a plastic bit on the top of the box (part of the locking mechanism) seems to be in the way. Shall I really force it past this? The manual tells me to press on the sides of the box, so maybe that will "squeeze" the box in the right direction.

Even when pressing the sides, it doesn't fully release the lock, so you're still going to use quite a bit of force. I thought I was going to break the box when replacing a blown fuse.

• 2 years later...

Hello old thread :)

I bought a T91R on Ebay. I have Skoda Octavia 2014. Under the battery on my original remote it says T91R-SKO and the one from Ebay that has VW logo says T91R-WOS.

Are they brand specific? Because I cant get the remote to program. Pulling safe 7 as instructed. Even checked with my remote when that fuse is pulled. Does not start the heater.

When I push OFF it blinks red a couple of times fast. But later when i try ON it just blinks green and nothing happens.

They look exactle the same. It should work right?

Skoda center cost 300 EUR for a extra remote. And about 100EUR to just program the remote a bought on ebay.

Please anybody? :)

IMG_9511.JPG

• 1 year later...

Hi,

does anybody know is it possible to add or replace my old style webasto remote with a new one? (photos attached)

They have the same buttons, no additional electronics, but my oct is 2015 with the old style remotes, and I saw one 2016 that has the new style..

D76C176C-84F9-43C6-8578-3036813EA82B.jpeg

1C1777CC-3CCD-409B-88BB-9375DE6FF5BC.jpeg

88331555-2099-47B6-B861-94004DCA78DF.jpeg

• 2 months later...

I ordered this one from eBay and I really hope that it will work because it is so much nicer:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/233435273703

If I don’t find the fuse, I will try to disconnect/connect the “-“ negative clamp from battery and try then.

Will report back.

Edited by Sava159
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
On 08/05/2020 at 10:46, Sava159 said:

I ordered this one from eBay and I really hope that it will work because it is so much nicer:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/233435273703

If I don’t find the fuse, I will try to disconnect/connect the “-“ negative clamp from battery and try then.

Will report back.

Have you done the conversion?