Autowindow Remote Window Closure Fabia

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, ...... my Skoda Fabia has the conveniance unit number 6Q0 959 433 C.

Would I be correct in thinking that the KVW100 will not be able to reflash my convenience unit and will only work for units ending in either E/F/H ?

Just out of curiousity vwaudilover, were you also known as "coolgolf" on the Golf MkIV forum during the KVW100 group buy on there by any chance ? :)

6Q0 959 433 C ALSO can be updated.

which year your car? in order save money VW company reduce the cost of CCM for 6Q0 cars. for the year from may 2006 some POLO and FABIA with 6Q0 ccm can not be flashed. (in mexcio and china, but not sure how about in europe) because they do not use CANBUS system in the CCM from then on. damn VW factory.

i forget the pass word of "coolgolf":mad: :mad:

6Q0 959 433 C ALSO can be updated.

which year your car? in order save money VW company reduce the cost of CCM for 6Q0 cars. for the year from may 2006 some POLO and FABIA with 6Q0 ccm can not be flashed. (in mexcio and china, but not sure how about in europe) because they do not use CANBUS system in the CCM from then on. damn VW factory.

i forget the pass word of "coolgolf":mad: :mad:

My car is older 2002, so you are sure the KVW will flash this unit (6Q0 959 433 C) to "one touch" with no alarm problems as experienced at the beginning with the Golf Kvw100 group buy ? :rolleyes:

you are right.

Ok, I was happy enough with the reflash of my Golf using the KVW 100 so taking you at your word that it will work on the Fabia, I have ordered another unit from VagProducts (who I see is actually the same person who arranged the group buy on the UK MkIV forum) and I'll report back here in due course as to whether it worked or not. :)

Thanks ! :thumbup:

• 3 months later...

Just to :bump: - on the KVW100 issue, has anyone actually bought this for the Fabia, and has it working?

I picked one up from a link I followed on UK-MKivs, originally intended for my Golf. Saw it also listed the Fabia on the instruction sheet, so thought I'd give it a go. Followed the instructions, went to plan, three beeps to confirm apparent successful coding after a minute or two.

But I can't make the windows do anything from the remote :mad:

Anyone got any experience of it with the Fabia? I've emailed off asking for assistance, so will see what comes back there as well.

Cheers,

Steve

Didn't actually work on SWMBO's Fabia Estate, this despite being assured that it would for our particular convenience unit number. :(

However, I did get a full refund when I returned the KVW100 and the previous one I got for my Golf did the job perfectly. :D

I think someone on here was working on a way to do this by flashing the unit using a laptop ? :confused:

Oh dear, that doesn't sound good :thumbdwn: - where did you buy yours from?

If this is the case, what confuses me is that the unit responds successfully - if it wasn't going to work I'd expect the error tones to sound :confused:

Steve

Oh dear, that doesn't sound good :thumbdwn: - where did you buy yours from?

If this is the case, what confuses me is that the unit responds successfully - if it wasn't going to work I'd expect the error tones to sound :confused:

Steve

Bought mine here:

VagProducts - Products

Can't remember if got 3 tones or not now, but it definitely didn't work on the Fabia.:(

Just to :bump: - on the KVW100 issue, has anyone actually bought this for the Fabia, and has it working?

I picked one up from a link I followed on UK-MKivs, originally intended for my Golf. Saw it also listed the Fabia on the instruction sheet, so thought I'd give it a go. Followed the instructions, went to plan, three beeps to confirm apparent successful coding after a minute or two.

But I can't make the windows do anything from the remote :mad:

Anyone got any experience of it with the Fabia? I've emailed off asking for assistance, so will see what comes back there as well.

Cheers,

Steve

i brought one and teyed it on my fabia 2007 didnt work so i gave it to my mate with a 2001 octy vrs and it worked fine on his car

my autowindow kit still works, been fitted for a few months now and i am only just starting to see the benifits with the warm weather approaching.

Tempted by the 'opposition' as it seems it's the only one that works! :P

Where did you buy, and how much?

Cheers,

Steve

P.S. In reference to the KVW100 not being reversible, I did find details of how to do it. Not much use in this case, but just for general info - for Octy people etc (who seem to have no probs with it working)

Tempted by the 'opposition' as it seems it's the only one that works! :P

Where did you buy, and how much?

Cheers,

Steve

P.S. In reference to the KVW100 not being reversible, I did find details of how to do it. Not much use in this case, but just for general info - for Octy people etc (who seem to have no probs with it working)

I got mine direct from autowindow, i got abit of discount as mine was the trail one. they didnt know what settings and wires to use in the door so mine was a trail and error fitting. took about 3 days to sort from start to finish but they supply instructions now, so shouldnt be diffecult to fit.

____

john

The plot thickens with the KVW100 (technically off-topic here I know ;))

I popped it in the diag port again the other day, beeped when inserted, left it for what must have been 3 mins, nothing further happened. So I removed it and thought nothing more of it.

Further to this, I thought I was going mad when I locked at a petrol station with the sunroof on tilt, to return to it closed :rofl:

So I know have close control over the sunroof with it (tilt or full) and can make it stay open if I wish (lock then boot button). 'Amusing' thing is the windows still won't co-operate :D:rolleyes:

Will pop the module in again, see if it's third time lucky :thumbup:

Just thought I'd update. Not heard anything back from them, as I was originally in the process of troubleshooting, with a view to refund.

Steve

What we here in Czech do, is to adapt a couple of values in eeprom. Then you can operate (open/close) the windows by lock/unlock buttons on your OEM RC. However, this works for Furbys produced b4 the face-lift (I think it

So can some one once and for all clarify this thread.

I want to get the KVX100 to update my cars software.

blease bare with me as i am a wee bit new but have done plenty mods on firmwares and software. this doesnt seem to be any different.

do i summarise right?

I get the module from VAG or wherever

plug it into the car

access the engeneer settings

if i get 3 beeps its worked

remove the dongle

Does this remote close the windows automaticaly when i lock the doors or do i have to lock then do the windows with a different button combination?

I have a 2005 Fabia VRS,

has anyone actualy got this working on a similar car?

please i dont want to know if the auto window kit with rain sensor as interesting as it was.

cheers all

So can some one once and for all clarify this thread.

I want to get the KVX100 to update my cars software.

blease bare with me as i am a wee bit new but have done plenty mods on firmwares and software. this doesnt seem to be any different.

do i summarise right?

I get the module from VAG or wherever

plug it into the car

access the engeneer settings

if i get 3 beeps its worked

remove the dongle

Does this remote close the windows automaticaly when i lock the doors or do i have to lock then do the windows with a different button combination?

I have a 2005 Fabia VRS,

has anyone actualy got this working on a similar car?

please i dont want to know if the auto window kit with rain sensor as interesting as it was.

cheers all

i think this should work on a 2005 car didnt work on my 2007 car i think the software changed oon thee 2006 cars i got one and it didnt work so now my mates got it on his 2001 octy but in the instructions it said it would work on the fabia up to 2005 as i remember

Or, ignorance is bliss.

You wouldn't know about the existance of half this kit if it wasn't for Brisky. Consequently you wouldn't be tempted to spend your hard earned on it :D

;)

Steve

Do I understand correctly that this is a further way of achieving the same result? I'd certainly be interested if there's a way to do it by changing software, rather than buying a piece of hardware.

Do you have any more details?

You need:

Either VDS-PRO software + ordinary cable for car diagnosis using serial (not USB) port

or

VAS software + HEX-CAN cable

Your Fabia has to be produced b4 the facelift, i.e. until June 2004!

Don

So, based on the above, your saying that if you have driver's door unlock enabled, the programming won't work? Perhaps that's why my windows are conforming with the KVW100? :rubchin:

I have it setup that a standard unlock on the remote only opens the driver's door. I have to hit unlock twice to open all doors. Problem perhaps?

Steve