Skip to content

TheWanderer

Resident Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by TheWanderer

  1. That would possibly be illegal under UK consumer law/rights. You have signed a legal document and if they make a loss on the deal that's their problem not the customers.
  2. That's what I was told in March, when I placed the order.
  3. I find it quite amusing that someone trusts and actually uses it.
  4. Is it scared of SWMBO driving on each occasion?
  5. It's going to interesting to see if I get a old Mk4 or Mk4.5 then. I'm not expecting my car until March 23 as I was told that the wait is approximately 12 months. So that means March or April 23. The main question is will they try and charge me the new price or honour the old one? And hopefully they'll have really got their act together and got rid of all of the bug's plaguing the current Mk4.
  6. Shouldn't be on car's destined for the UK as it's not in the EU.
  7. Can you do navigation updates via a mobile phone hotspot rather than subscribe to them? For me I have unlimited data connection with LTE and 5G connectivity, so why pay twice for something. If it can great, otherwise I won't be using the Sat Nav and I'll just be using Waze or Google Maps.
  8. In exactly the same position, it's on order but if the waiting time becomes seriously excessive then I'll pull the plug on the order, still a few months to go yet, so not worried, because the situation is constantly changing.
  9. Absolutely. Sometimes being subtle and the ability to merge into the background is useful, other's it's great such as anti theft. I mean is anyone going to steal something that sticks out like the proverbial sore thumb and is easily spotted by the police?
  10. i don't bother with Driver Power surveys because nothing comes of them.
  11. Are you pressing the brake pedal firmly or lightly? Never had any issues of this on my Mk3, unless my foot is firmly on the brake pedal, if I'm holding it down lightly it doesn't do it.
  12. Just remember that you're going to be dealing with the virtually the same technology, with broadly the same hard/firmware(s) and just different software as it all comes from the same group VW/Audi Group, which shares a lot of technology within its marques. So whilst you might think that your escaping it by going to Audi, you're still within the same group, just paying more for the pleasure of it.
  13. Put it like this I have a Mk3 RS and it has been into the workshop a staggering 18 times in the 3½ years that I've had it. I decided (questionably) to order a Mk4 RS back in March, for the simple reason that I simply cannot find another car that gives me the space for load lugging (suitcases, shopping, animal feed sacks etc) and for the price, also the sporty performance, so I'm in it for the long haul, hopefully by the time it's built they'll have done further hardware and software revisions and it will have been sorted out 99.9% of the glitches, I may well get a Mk4.5! However I will only wait so long for it, I've been tentatively given an estimated arrival month of December, but if it goes much beyond that then I'll consider my options.. Would I buy a Mk4? Yes and I have, despite the negative comments and my reservations. I've jumped off the VAG bandwagon before, tried a couple of other marques and found the they weren't anywhere near as good as Skoda for VFM and (bar this last car), reliability. I'll see what happens when I get it, if it gives me real hell in within the time I can legally reject it, then I will exercise that option.
  14. It depends on how much you value your ~A$870. If you're successful in getting it and you document the process and make it public, the authorities will be out there fixing the roads up fairly quickly as they know that once one driver has done it and the information on how to get them to pay for their laziness and negligence is readily available, it will open the proverbial floodgates for damage claims. It took me quite a while to get a settlement, buy I got all but £5 each time. The choice is yours. For A$5 worth of gas, you could be A$865 better off.
  15. Send them the bill. With a notification that unless they pay for it (you must provide proof (such as a photograph) that the damage was caused by a pothole, then you will consider your legal options. I have done this twice with Surrey County Council and got payment for my tyre and wheel rim.
  16. A delusional thought here.... It'll work without fault! 🤡
  17. You can use isopropyl alcohol to remove it or sticky label spray to achieve it. But I still find it odd that the headlights don't automatically adjust for driving on the EU mainland.
  18. Spark plugs £105? That's taking the P. I can buy them online for about £10 each.
  19. That would suggest that there's a hardware update to go with it to make it compatible with further and future software.
  20. Why not say a Mk4? So much simpler for us non technical bods.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.