Everything posted by TheWanderer
-
Rubber boot liner
Hi. Does anyone know if the boot liner from a Mk3 Hatchback will fit the Mk4 perfectly? Or do I need to replace it with a model specific one? Looking for a Rezaw Plast one, but can't seem to find one. If anyone can help or recommend me an alternative, I'd be grateful.
-
Heated front windscreen
The air inside the car is going to be slightly warmer than the air outside of it, especially if you are in the car, that slight difference between the two makes a difference in the way that the air conditioning system works and it works a bit quicker than normal if you are using the recirculation button. It also uses less fuel.
-
Heated front windscreen
It usually takes a few minutes to work, but you can assist it, by turning up the heat and putting the car air conditioning system into recirculation mode, so that it will use/draw the warmer air from inside the car, rather than the cold air from outside.
-
Delivery times?
Ordered mine in March and now expected in January 23. I'll believe it when I see it and I've got a a number plate transfer to do as well and new insurance.. Somewhat ironically the current cars "tax disc" is due on December 31st.
-
Error: selector lever...
That's very helpful thank you. 😊
-
Error: selector lever...
Which TBQH is useless as it's in a foreign language and almost completely obscured by stupid text promoting themselves.
-
MK3 245 vrs reliability? Skoda still quality?
Booked in via the skoda.co.uk servicing website, MOT, service, oil change and inspection which was due next month. All fixed priced, which have gone up substantially Declined all unnecessary expensive work because I'm getting rid of the car.
-
MK3 245 vrs reliability? Skoda still quality?
What makes me seethe is that it has gone in for a MOT and oil change and annual inspection and they have now told me that they want another £132 for spark plugs and £700 for both front door locks which have flagged up a fault code, a fault that has been extant for more that two years and they also want to charge me for a battery in the key fob, which I have just changed and they cheekily say that Duracell is not a reputable brand or good for the fob. Just more bull****, the last battery lasted 8 months, although I didn't get any warning from the car that it needed to be replaced and it was a good job that I keep new batteries in my wallet after last time. Needless to say I have have declined their invitation to spend nearly £1000 on this **** heap which is due to be replaced in about 1 months time.
-
MK3 245 vrs reliability? Skoda still quality?
Pretty certain it would, it has also had three new headlights (two under warranty) and one had to be replaced a second time after some gob****e hit the car and broke it and then scarpered. Oh also had a new header bottle and water pump too.
-
MK3 245 vrs reliability? Skoda still quality?
My MY19 has been a nightmare to own and hate it with a passion. It goes next month, if I could afford to I'd pay to put it in a crusher so it doesn't inflict any more misery on some unsuspecting owner. Locking - Been locked out 3 times. Oil sensor - failed 7 times Thermostat - failed twice Infotainment system - failed 6 times. VC - Blank 4 times Park pilot - Couldn't park it of it tried despite being updated Camera - Replaced Reversing sensors, Front Assist, ACC - all failed on multiple occasions and software updated. Still does the occasional emergency braking. So for me it's going to be goodbye and good riddance. If the new car plays up as much as this one, then it'll be handed back.
-
Winter wheels
Sorry for the absence. So for rims I'll be looking at (I think 18" rims) and Continental 870TS or Bridgestone LM005s Just need to know the J size for the rims. Oh do they supply the right size bolts? Or do I need to buy them separately? Ta.
-
Delivery times?
No idea what I'm getting, I would expect it to be the latest derivative.
-
Delivery times?
I wouldn't have a hybrid or pure electric. I don't have anywhere to charge or part charge either. The car is parked about 25m away from home. Now just worried about the reliability of the new one and having second thoughts about whether I've done the right thing in ordering one with all of the faults I have seen listed on here.
-
Delivery times?
A RS with a few extras which I can't remember what, I think the winter pack & wireless charger also the rear view camera, would have had park assist but it was discontinued at the time of my order.
-
Delivery times?
Since March 22, I don't put thing's on Web too much. Don't know how to enter stuff on a spreadsheet anyway.
-
Delivery times?
Just been advised that mine is about to go into production within the next couple of weeks and is expected in the UK in Mid January. 🙏
-
SatNav fault loss of position, ACC issues.
I'm surprised anyone still uses the built-in satellite navigation system, when Google Maps and Waze amongst others are now so good.
-
Just bought used 2021 Mk IV- have I made a mistake?!
TBQH, check if you're still within the time frame to return it and get shot of it, before it gives you anymore unwanted surprises.
- Even more software errors
-
Mk 3 to Mk 4
I was going to suggest a Sportline Karoq, which had 190 bhp, similar size quite well specced up, but its been discontinued by the looks of it.
-
Mk 3 to Mk 4
I've had mine on order since March 22 and heard nothing yet, I ordered another RS so get different options, like you had the free rear wiper, and just a couple of options like winter packs as it comes pretty well loaded. The one thing that does concern, like you is the software issues that have been prevalent on the car and the lack of urgency to remedy them. I'm going to be been a 4.5 version as I doubt it will be built this year and not expecting to see it until February or March 23. I am hoping that at this rate of progress, that my car will get any new hard and software revisions as a matter of course and that problems minimal.
-
Permanently disabling Engine Sound Generator
It's far less hassle to go the OBD11 or VCDS route, and it's easily reversible.
-
Permanently disabling Engine Sound Generator
You can do it via OBD11 or VCDS I think.. Or give a 3rd party skoda specialist to do it for you for a small fee, which is probably the best option if you're cack handed and have a tenancy to screw things up.
-
Usb port on rear view mirror.
Thanks for that. I want to have the phone in a cradle so I can use Waze or Google Maps and just glance at it. I have it in a Baseus wireless charger cradle at the moment which is attached to a Brodit Clip on the A pillar. I have specified the wireless charging option on the car, but I've heard that it's not that good or powerful, so may struggle to charge my Galaxy S22 Ultra whilst driving. Also don't know if Waze and Google Maps will appear on the cockpit display. So I think that I'd prefer to have a charging cradle and Brodit clip arrangement.
-
Usb port on rear view mirror.
Can someone please tell me if this would carry enough voltage/power to supply both a dash cam and a wireless charging cradle such as Quad Lock for a Galaxy S22 Ultra. Thanks..