Skip to content

TheWanderer

Resident Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by TheWanderer

  1. I'm questioning whether I want to own it, full stop! What is it now 2 years, coming on 3 and they STILL haven't fixed all of the errors, really not good enough.
  2. Why am I having second thoughts about my new RS. 😕
  3. If I can find the funds the wheels will be 18"ers, not going for the 17s, too tight clearances and the speedo is going to out as well, so I'll stick with the 18"ers
  4. I nearly ordered it, but in the end went for the red, if they did and RS exclusive colour like Race Blue used to be and it was easy a beautiful deep metallic red, deep blue or even a emerald green, then I'd probably go for it. I just felt that it (mamba green) was too conspicuous and hard to live with of you're feeling a bit sensitive the day after the night before, also if you've been a bit naughty out on the road then you're lot easier to find.
  5. Thanks but I don't want to import them as I'd have to pay significant carriage fees, also VAT and Import fees as well. I've got some for this car and they're 17" one's I think.
  6. Been told that I could expect it either in December or January so middle of winter. I may be jumping the gun on it, but nature has a nasty way of levelling up after exceptionally warm weather.
  7. I live up in the Surrey Hills, the road upto the house is about 1:7 , also the route to work has several hills on it, so winter tyres would be the best option as so to cover "all the bases" and it's an RS I'm getting so the small wheel rims aren't an option, I'd have thought that the minimum would be 18" rims and tyres.
  8. Hi. In anticipation of getting my new car in the next few months, I'll be thinking about getting some winter wheels and tyres, so could anyone point me in the right direction when it comes to rims and sizes please. TIA
  9. I've got pressed steel plates, which are stuck on. They will be stuck on the new one too.
  10. You could always put two bits of card (Amazon box) with a bit of tin foil (take away container) glued between them. Black paint done. Then a rectangle of non slip webbing and it's job done.
  11. Because I couldn't find the 6s. I'm not going to think about it until nearer the time anyway, but I don't like Bridgestones or Pirelli tyres anyway.
  12. If these are on mine when it arrives, then I'll be looking at changing the tyres ASAP. I'll be looking at some Goodyear Eagle F1 asymmetric 5s.
  13. Yep a nice dent in their wallet for their ignorance.
  14. Why would you want to use the built-in system when you get better results using Waze or Google Maps?🤔
  15. I thought you would be happy as Larry the voice not being Laura or Sonia.
  16. Consider it a wonderful thing, no one wittering at you. I tried numerous times to get the VR system on my current car to accept voice communication and it never has done so, so don't bother with it. It's more of a hinderence than a help.
  17. Just rename her Sonia. She gets Sonia nerves.
  18. You're going to have to find someone local who has either of these bits of software, connecting lead and/or laptop to plug it into your diagnostic port they can then scan your can and find the noise making device and electronically switch it off of reduce it to absolute minimum.
  19. The noise maker is a VCDS or OBD11 thing, at least it was on my current car.
  20. It's doing the time warp again...
  21. Just need to get the other x amount of faults in the software rectified now then. How many significant issues are there now?
  22. Nope. Just gotta be patient. No point in losing your rag at a salesperson at the dealership, they're not responsible for car production delays. They can however advise you of what the waiting time is likely to be and whether you proceed with the order is entirely at your discretion.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.