Skip to content

edbostan

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by edbostan

  1. PS. A pictorial instruction of replacing the fan speed resistor pack located under the airbag would be useful as that is my next job.
  2. That was so helpful to see it in pictures. I had an independent fit mine as I had the tell-tale slight oil stain and the smell in the cabin. I believe mine was broken when I had a major service at a Skoda dealer and when they replaced the air filter they lifted off the top of the airbox and the pipe connecting the airbox to the pcv valve has no give in it and put leverage on the end valve and fractured the plastic.
  3. My Roomster has a flat beam with equal illumination left and right. I have taken it to France 4 times now and never get flashed by French drivers. Our French friends visit England and don't worry about it in their Citroen C4
  4. As long as you have breakdown cover I would not worry about spares. I until covid, took my Roomster abroad and I had no issues. Last year we drove through France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Switzerland without a hitch
  5. I was buying some paint for my daughter's Ford Focus and asked how much a cam belt change was at a local Ford dealers and he said £700. On the phone another service agent was talking to a customer over her Ford Fiesta and he also said £700. Got it done at my local independent 'all makes' engineer for £300.
  6. Dealer spark plug prices are ridiculous. I can get iridium tipped Bosch plugs for mine around £16 each from a local motor factors. Even the price of pollen/cabin air filter are through the roof at dealer prices. I replaced a like for like dealer fitted pollen filter for £18.
  7. I have manual aircon and only use it when I needed it, and yes the dehumidifier function works when the heater is set to warm. As a footnote my sister has a similar aged Ford Focus and she never turned the aircon off but she had to have hers regassed before mine.
  8. I have driven a Yeti courtesy car and my brother-in-laws Yeti. to be honest I have never considered the Roomster to be low. Previously I had a Fiat Multipla and never felt disadvantaged when I changed to the Roomster. My brother-in-law always wants to drive my Roomster if I let him.
  9. There's is a new VW Caddy out in 2021 and the Caddy Life looks like a suitable replacement.
  10. The glovebox light I have checked on my 63reg Roomster has no switch in the glovebox and the light stays on constantly until I lock the car with the remote. I have poked around to see if I can find a microswitch and I cannot find one and I have had the car since new. So to check, leave the glovebox lid open, step outside the car and lock using the remote and the light will extinguish.
  11. Roomsters are a tardis. I have used mine for car boots, trips to council dump and continental travel.
  12. One slides forward and one slides back. I checked the condition of the pollen filter on my Roomster which is similar and could I get the front to side forward and locate no way. The filter is only secured by the back clip.
  13. Are those prices including VAT at 20%. Rather extortionate.
  14. edbostan replied to Fabcol's topic in Skoda Yeti
    If I don't get 8 years out of a battery I feel cheated. Don't know what make my 7 years old Roomster has because it is wrapped in black felt but that still has 'lead in its pencil'. Best battery I had was an Exide which was factory fitted into my 1974 BL Mini. It was still going when I sold the Mini 10 years later.
  15. Do you have to plug it in into the AUX socket?
  16. What balances the crankshaft when 2 pots are working and the others are passengers?
  17. £99 for plugs? Is that based on a V8? Many engines are 3-cylinder now although mine is a 4-pot. That £139 for aircon service is a rip-off as it was £79 up until recently for the older refrigerant.
  18. I took my Roomster to a very reliable independent garage for a minor service of oil, filter change and a replacement pcv valve. The cost was reasonable and less than a Skoda dealer would charge. Next time is a major service which I am contemplating to allow the dealer to carry out because rightly or wrongly do they do a simple diagnostic check to confirm that all sensors and engine management settings are at optimum which perhaps an independent garage would not do?
  19. Edd China of Wheeler Dealer fame advertisers Tetraclean which is a treatment to clean out engines and it was featured on one of the episodes. Whether it is effective or not, who knows.
  20. My resistor pack has to be replaced as speed 1 has gone. It is recommended to disconnect the battery whilst doing so. Are there any problems caused by the disconnection of the battery?
  21. I realise that tyres have a limited shelf life but I have noticed that the only factory-fitted rear Hankook is showing signs of deterioration after 6 years. My sister-in-law's Fabia of the same age is shod with the factory-fitted Continentals and they have no signs of perishing. I have never had this tyre problem before and am wondering if Hankooks are prone to it? I realise that tyres should be replaced after 5 years for safety reasons. I have always been particular about maintaining correct tyre pressures.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.