Skip to content

Papez

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Papez

  1. That really depends on how long are your trips and where do you go. These engines inject a lot of extra fuel during warm up, so if you go less than ~10km (especially in a city) it's going to have much lower range than if you're going 50km. Speed is also important, once you go over 90km/h, consumption goes up quite rapidly. I had around 700km range on average (a bit more, if I tried ecorun), but that was a best case scenario with 40km trips to work with minimum city driving and no highways.
  2. I'm not aware of that - I was pretty lucky to even get Czech one in printed form, as releases were quite limited.
  3. There are still those puny 1.0MPI But N/A are still used on all non-european markets
  4. Petr Hrdlička - man with long career in UVMV (institute for motor vehicle research and development), who also had his hands in development of 1000MB gearbox, 1.3 Estelles rear axle and many other vehicles. His son now works in Skoda in R&D of N/A engines - also participated in development of ABS and EDS systems in Felicia. The book, "V soukolí okřídleného šípu", is basically his biography, with considerable part containing interesting stories from Favorit development (for example, they used Mazda 323 as mule for brake tests). Some parts of the book can be found in various articles in the Internet.
  5. It really is Girling, I read a book about Favorit development, where chief engineer specifically wanted variant used in Sierra - It was shortly before asbestos pads were phased out, so Favorit was equipped with larger brakes than it needed (but they are still small by modern standards) That fits with 1993, when many parts were modified and since that point, Favorit was closer to early Felicia.
  6. That's only case of rear brakes, which were adapted from VW Golf. Front ones are actually similar to Ford Sierra, as they are Girling licence. Sourcing original parts is problem, as Skoda supports their models with spares for only 15 years (interior parts have even shorter support).
  7. Ignition modules. Carburettor had external ignition coil, injection one had integrated module.
  8. Yes, I thought that those back containers were some active charcoal reservoirs, but then I noticed, it's fed by fuel line.. Now I noticed there's some sensor on the intake manifold. Maybe some early prototype with Bendix system or something like that? Bosch in the SPI model was different edit:I found a photo from another angle. It's Li/LSi model from Skoda museum - they were more rare than Estelle GLi, so there are not many photos or information - even this car in museum is described as ordinary 136L
  9. Red arrow looks like some ignition module, but different than what was used originally. Orange arrow is a wiper motor. Now looking at black cannister near orange arrow, could it be auxiliary heater? There's also extra hose going to heater box. I found a photo of (probably) same Favorit from a different storyboard - now the engine bay is much more empty
  10. This is carburettor. BMM had slightly different airbox and ECU mounted on the left strut tower. Car in the photo was presented at 30th anniversary, so it should be one of early models. Radiator grille is 1987-1991 variant. Edit: what is weit though, are those activated charcoal containers near the wiper motor - SPI and LSe had them, but not standard variant - I'm not sure whether it's some export variant or later modification.
  11. Just that Truckman hardtop is worth more than a standard Felicia
  12. It's quite common for mirror heaters to stop working - there's a plastic sheet with copper wires on both sides, connection between layers burns over time. Rear heater usually stops working wire by wire, so if it doesn't work at all, it's either connection at window or broken cable to hatch door.
  13. I meant second "VW" facelift of Favorit from 1993 (modernisation under VW lead - conversion to 4x100 wheel pattern, introduction of SPI engines etc). Before, they had these.
  14. It also distracts me from noises I don't like, yet I cannot find where they come from I'm no audiophile, but I really hated how they rattled and clipped (and Sportline is supposed to have better coaxial units). Some people don't mind that..
  15. Original motors have built in electronic units with 5 wires going in, so they are not compatible electrically. Others are just two wires, connecting motor directly to 12V - So as long as it can fit to mechanism, you can use it. It can work, I, for example, was able to fit motor for Renault to Favorit rear lifter, as they had similar mechanism. Unfortunately, I found out later, that Favorit lifter doesn't fit to Felicia... As for speakers, yes, you could mount them there, after cutting a hole - but it's not exactly prepared mounting point as it is in Felicia. Also, Favorit originally had flat door panels like Estelle - these in pictures are from VW facelift (1993 I think?) I don't mind to get volume up - as long as it's not distorted (not really possible with little paper speakers mounted in flexy plastic in Felicia) and only with all windows shut.
  16. I think it was meant for easy installation in Favorit, which didn't have speaker pockets in doors. I doubt that this installation would be capable of any "loud music"
  17. Yes, I had that console with cupholders (and audi style switches) and later bought that box,but I wanted same console as yours - but I couldnt get the lighter one, as they were produced only in first half of 1998, then they were replaced with cupholder one, so pretty hard to find. Darker ones are pre-facelift, and in black they were used in Favorit
  18. @D.FYLAKTOS Do you also have same console as in picture? Same colour as rest of the interior or slightly darker?
  19. So it has no automatic functions? It seems that someone chose to rewire whole thing when original mechanism failed. Do you have some pictures how your switches look? This is original installation - I have been in 3 different Felicia's (2 Sportline, including mine, one Mystery) that had them from factory as base equipment + some others - installed in center console, they look like this: In pre-facelift, they weren't installed in factory, but they could be bought as original accessory (even rear ones) - switches then looked like this, similar to yours. These are pretty rare around here, I've never seen in person and lifters themselves (using push-pull wire in metal tube, similar to Favorit mechanism) are more valuable than more modern factory units.
  20. I thought that you have Sportline edition with factory electronic windows? Mine look like this and I disassembled both these and Audi switches to check internal connections
  21. Factory fitted uses 5 pin switches, 2 for lighting (green) 1 output (+-), 2 for input voltage - they are just signal switches for the control unit You can find same form factor from Audi 80/100, which also has 5 pins, but reversing polarity output which runs motors directly - these have ofcourse red backlight - they are copied by various manufacturers Rear electric windows were never fitted from factory, but I've seen some, often export to South Europe - these had different switches for pre-facelift console. I've also seen DIY conversion using front motors (their electronic units have input for secondary switch) and rear lifter mechanisms - I made my attempt, too, but I never finished them...
  22. since original parts are not available anymore, it's either that, some DIY repair, conversion to manual lifters or complete rewiring - original wiring is not compatible with aftermarket lifters.. I'm no fan of SP-EL either, but that repair kit is easiest way to get working lifters (assuming they are done properly without QC issues)
  23. Just FYI, these are not original mechanisms - Felicia has push/pull system in plastic Bowden tube, with motors with integrated convenience unit from VW T4 - this mechanism has its own issues, as plastic becomes harder over time, the tube often cracks near motor and window jams. There are repair kits for that too, sold by SP-EL
  24. Yes, I found this info too, it should be the same pump that runs MPI system at 2,5-3bar. But you need constant pressure between fuel system and intake to maintain proportionality between injection time and amount of fuel. You don't need different pistons, the head can be skimmed - you need about 0,8mm to get to 9,5 on the 135B engine, if I remember correctly. Although Felicia head is better choice, I'm not sure if it's good for SPI injection - it lacks water channels for intake heating.
  25. Not only Škoda designers, 50's and 60's were golden era of Czech industrial design - Škoda 1000MB, Tatra 603, Škoda 47E, Karosa Š series, Tatra 805 expedition spec were nice machines from various branches of industry. But in 70's and especially 80's, design became unnecessary luxury, so everything was replaced by bland boxes..

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.