Skip to content

Papez

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Papez

  1. You also need to pair immo unit to the ECU - that's done through diagnostic tools, but I can't say how, but I had it done when I changed ECU in my car.
  2. This is wrong part, for different model of MK2 caddy. This is why finding that part is so hard - there were two variants of MK2 Caddy (neither manufactured by VW) - one based on Ibiza/Inca (6K/9K model) and one based on Felicia/Pickup (6U/9U model). Of course those models are entirely different with only handful of shared parts. The grill can be identified by shape of headlights - Felicia based caddy has rounded inner edges, while Inca is more rectangular. The correct part number is 6U7853651A+6U7853653 Unfortunately cannot help much more. Caddy pickups were only available for certain market, so those parts are even more scarce than Felicia ones. It was quite popular modification back in the day, called "Caddy grille" - most remaining grilles are most likely used by Felicia enthusiasts for this purpose.
  3. Not the right part, as said before: I've been only able to find number of a similar part in Skoda Estelle - 113032313. It's reffered to as a "holder". While I was able to find image of the correct part in the Favorit catalogue (it's under the air filter category instead of cylinder head), part number for the entry was missing.
  4. If you want rigid front - 1.3 pickups had similar spring rates to 1.9. the problem is how to get stiffe rear, pickups had different rear axle, hatchback require progressive springs to get stiffer, while keeping original ride height and suspension travel.
  5. If I remember right table in the service manual, the only difference between 1.3 and 1.6 springs is length - some higher equipped/heavier 1.3s had same springs as 1.6s. the result will be slightly higher ride height with same stiffness.
  6. Your topics are nothing but irrelevant posts, so no harm was done. The other thread was actually useful. Forgot to turn on ignore notifications. Will fix it now. I haven't mentioned USSR one time. Don't thinks it's accidental, since you use xenophobic and racists remark all the time, hence I have no further interest in interacting with you.
  7. So which one? Vinyl is pvc. Remember this before you post in other topics. And don't ever try to make connection between Czechoslovakia an USSR again. That crossed the line and you to ignore now.
  8. I think this is matter of installation, as long as the pedal has proper anti-slip features and no self-tappers peeking from the other side of the pedal, it's good. Same with steering wheels, some installations are sketchy.. Once deformation gets to the suspension subframe, it pushes steering wheel up, around it's mounting. Just in time to meet with drivers head traveling in the opposite direction. Felicias with airbag had accordion-like steering column, which deformed to keep the steering wheel in place. I think that main reason for that is, that its rear half and front wheels come from Jawa motorcycle 😁 Here's it's not even called a car, but "vozítko" (diminutive of vehicle).
  9. Why irony? There's no reason in making things worse than they are. Especially in a car that likes to launch its steering wheel into driver's face. But otherwise, there's pretty big chance of survival in Felicia, it's much safer than previous cars.. speaking of which, even Estelles had soft steering wheels from factory. It's not a car, but "a vehicle for handicapped" and legally a bike. It was laughable even in 60's CSSR, with nicknames like "running tent" or "hadraplán" (hadr - rag, plán - airplane, also parody of much more luxurious Tatra 600 "Tatraplán"). Of course, just like 2CVs, they've became icons of "so bad, it's good".
  10. He didn't write that. It describes texture, not material. Then there are other VW wheels mentioned earlier in the topic, which can be customised in the same way. Agreed. I also liked leather seats with fabric center in relative's Superb. I never really liked plush seats in GLX and other 90's cars - I don't understand why it was considered "premium" back then. Isn't leatherette and vinyl the same thing? I thought that leatherette is just textured, soft PVC When I hear leatherette, I imagine two things: train seats I posted above (thank god those are gone) and this:
  11. What's the issue this time? The shape is correct now, isn't it? Well, that looks much better. Although I still don't agree with bare metal in the center. Before you said that you have same material as steering wheel, which is polyurethane. But synthetic leather isn't much better... It was always cheap, easy to clean option.. It was awful, I can't imagine how it feels to sit on this in south Europe.
  12. You have PUR seat covers? Ew... That's more to do with steering wheel position, not shape. And if you have nice grippy material, you don't need to hold the wheel to the point of fatigue. Forgot to add a picture: It was standard with airbags, precisely to avoid steering wheel movement during crash.
  13. Again, the answer is, leather. Good for 10+ years. For the price of the last steering wheel, you could have the stock one newly upholstered
  14. The steering wheel lifts even in lighter, survivable crashes in Felicias without collapsible column. The stock one at least doesn't transform into cleaver.
  15. Says someone who's on their.. fourth? Steering wheel? Show how it looked liked, how long it lasted and how much did the new one cost? It's just worn out. Better than disintegrating foam. Leather wheels can be repaired and there are plenty of shops who do that.
  16. You seem to be fixated on one aspect and ignoring everything else. This is the last thing I have to say and ignore the rest. Be careful
  17. Did I talk about hard plastic or wood steering wheel? Are there PUR foam or leather pistol grips? That's not like Felicia wheel at all. Or any other option I've mentioned. Irrelevant, as always.
  18. Not a question for me, but it happened on a few occasions, didn't even need mountain roads or high speed for that. The Combi likes to throw its rear out.
  19. Well, a definitely bit better than thin, sharp piece of metal. At least it won't cut parts of the skull. Another reason why motorsport-like steering wheels shouldn't be in a road car.
  20. By regime, I meant literal political changes - 1989 was fall of communism, subsequent years meant transition from state-owned economy to private owned and it hit economy hard. Since I wasn't born in that time, I can only imagine what effect it had on employees and management, even before VW came in. Question is, whether it was truly profitable. I believe that exported goods were sold at loss, western currency was more important than profit. What has crappy plastic in common with a pistol grip? Nothing. Leather has much better grip than PUR foam, no matter how many bumps you add.
  21. That makes sense. Before the fall of the regime, the cars for export were picked out of the better batches and then inspected and "adjusted" at UKs importer (I even read some report about cars being stripped aut and build again, but that was probably exaggerated). Either Skoda themselves or VW put the end to this practice - the quality didn't drop, you just got to experience the cars how they came out of factory 😁 The 1993 Favorit model was when technical changes by VW came into practice and it was major improvement.
  22. Is it really worth to risk safety and having to regularly change cheap steering wheels instead of getting a proper one because of slight discomfort (especially if you never even tried the OEM leather wheel)
  23. This just proves that you don't pay much attention to what I wrote: The material is one of them. This is closer to the Alfa wheel than the aftermarket one you are using. Also, it's made of proper material instead of cheap plastic.
  24. I didn't say thin rim, but thin spokes that don't obstruct the rim. Which of those cars require 4 turns going from lock to lock? Once you need to get hands off of the steering wheel, you need a regular shape. Any big variation may cause lose of grip when you change hand position. Those indents are to make the standard 9:45 position more comfortable, bumps above may help with grip at that position, but they are useless once you need to turn the steering wheel more than 180 degrees. Here's the only modern Skoda that's meant to drive fast and as you can see, there are only decent bumps on the steering wheel. Not saying that this is a steering wheel that should be in a road car (it shouldn't for many reasons!) but shows what's the most basic, functional shape.
  25. And yours is...? It's what a steering wheel should be - round, thin spokes that don't obstruct the outer diameter, if there's any feature around resting position, it should be decent, no excessive bumps.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.