Skip to content

nickytheshaft

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by nickytheshaft

  1. It won't work,I tried 2 units and the only one showings the driving mods was the ebilaen unit so a fyt unit (I think). The other one never showed the driving mode. It depends on the software
  2. Nope, I never faced this issue when I had my unit. It always ran smooth. Only thing was making sure the antenna was screwed tight to the dongle otherwise it would loose the stations
  3. This is odd, in the video, the guy says that it goes to the stock sensors. Have you checked in the settings?
  4. Can you run Netflix with fermata?
  5. Nice... Can you show me the camera menu? I would like to see if it handles and and if there is a way to trigger it in and when reverse in engaged on the stock interface. This "look safe to move" hiding my bumper is driving me nutts
  6. How is the call quality while driving. I previously had an Android head unit and call quality was horrible
  7. This is really not bad at all. Are you wireless ? How IS it dictating messages, my previous ai box was a hastle with it.
  8. Ok thanks, so it is just an android Auto box and not an Android box. I guess I will have to go with an AI box to have more Android features. Thanks.
  9. Can you put a link? The one in the video points to an Android auto box and not a pure Android box as the video shows.
  10. this is normal, the ecu will raise the rpm on cold start as you would have done with a chock on a carburator car. When the engin reaches working temperature the rpm will drop.
  11. Yep this is the setup pab sent me Honestly, go with him, he will Taylor everything as you need and want.
  12. The sound is as good if not better Than the mib1 and it can now Play FLAC files. Android auto works good but can hang on heavy messenging... Nothing bad but it happens. Phone calls are as good. You will loose the CD player. You will loose traffic info (if you ever used it) but you will most likely use your phone on Android auto so no big deal One thing that is not bad is that if the dab looses connection, it will automatically switch to the equivalent FM station if it exists. If not in android Auto, the unit reads sms messages. Also you will have the Skoda connect option but you will not be able to use it as the Vin number of your car won't match the database. But again, you don't need it. Last thing, the option to manage the foot well lights is gone, it is now on when the doors are open and off when ignition is on. As far as I am concerned, I Always had them off with ignition so again, no big deal. Overall it is worth it and the screen is a go to. It changes the car.
  13. I previously had an Amundsen mib1, no Android auto or mirror link on this. Swapping IS the only way. Pab sent me a mib2 and 8 inch that works well
  14. Ask @pab567he can do it for you
  15. Mine was standard, maybe the previous owner de badged the car.
  16. Well you have no satnav so you may have to fit a gps antenna. Also do you have dab? If not same punition.
  17. Perfect, enjoy your new unit 😀
  18. Yes it is the display, so you have to connect the pink cable to it. You may have to trim the connector for it to fit. I had to trim mine on the display
  19. The Pink connector is for sending the picture feed to your screens. Blacks : dab White : FM Blue : gps Pink : picture feed Yellow : USB https://www.forum-audi.com/topic-1407-audi-mib2-systeme-modulaire-dinfodivertissement-de-2eme-generation.html my guess would be grey on the new unit. You should contact pab567 for these questions
  20. Ask pab for any questions concerning the infotainement. He knows everything about theme
  21. I also use one, awesome battery. If your car was not factory fitted with an AGM battery, you will have to vcds code the technology and change the battery serial number. The shop that changed my battery told me they did it, I bought a vcds cable to check and as to be expected, they didn't do s..t. It is an easy codding thought.
  22. Glad I helped. I hope everything is now up and running

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.