Everything posted by nickytheshaft
-
Idle RPM Octavia 1.5TSI MK3 2020
Yes ac and heather off. I turn them on when I am out of the garage
-
Idle RPM Octavia 1.5TSI MK3 2020
Took mine out today, in the garage where it is about 10 degrees celcius it quickly idled at around 750 rpm for a 2l tsi
-
Reverse camera on mib2gp
Well you need a vcds cable and pc to access the car settings. Then you have yi to tell the car that you have added a camera for it to work. 5F Infotainment > 07 Long Coding > Byte 19 enable Bit 4 reverse_camera_low I know AliExpress has a camera that you can mount without coding as ot sends the info to the car
-
Reverse camera on mib2gp
Have you coded the camera with vcds? I had to do it on my mib2
-
Issues after 4 new tyres and alingnment - Help!!!
Sorry, i can't say. If it happened while driving i would have gone with the balance, but on braking... No clue Are you on the stock rims?
-
Dash cam wired to boot 12v socket
Personnaly I hard wired it to the rear wiper Fuse. Turns on and off with ignition
-
Switch off cigarette ligther 12v when car closed
My phone charger had a led in it Will leaving it plugged without the phone connected drain the battery?
-
Switch off cigarette ligther 12v when car closed
It is an adaptor that you plug in the usb port and lets you have wireless android auto rather than plugging the phone to the USB port. The usb port has slow charging and the phone gets really hot on it. With the dongle, the phone can charge on the cigarette lighter at hight wattage and still lets you navigate and other... Android auto being using the phone features like navigation, Spotify and so on the head unit
-
Switch off cigarette ligther 12v when car closed
So I have the space to move the fuse but there is no pin inside. I guess we are stuck with unplugging phone chargers and others. I didn't use the charger until today as I now have a wireless android auto dongle. Before the phone was plugged to the USB port
-
Switch off cigarette ligther 12v when car closed
ok so after going mad I got the PDF manual from the SKODA site. Also I was wrong, it is the usb that shuts down after contact not the cigarette ligthter. So it seem that my car is like hat Brrezy_Pete said, my 40 fuse can be it 2 positions and it is actually in the up position. I will open my fuse box later and check all of this.
-
Switch off cigarette ligther 12v when car closed
So I am an idiot, took the manual out of the car a few months ago to gain space in the glove box and forgot where I put it. So I can't match the Fuses....
-
Switch off cigarette ligther 12v when car closed
I will check the diagram when I take the car out later today
-
Switch off cigarette ligther 12v when car closed
Why would a manufacturer go to so much trouble and change a Fuse box? Is this a uk mandatory thing?
-
Switch off cigarette ligther 12v when car closed
It is odd. On my 2014, I have a usb cable that has a permanent led. When the car is closed, the led goes if after a minute ir so. I think ut does the same with the cooler in the trunk
-
enquiry about remapping mk3 diesel
I can't say, I am not a fan of remaps, in France there are too many insurance issues.
-
enquiry about remapping mk3 diesel
Here is a graph from a reputable tunner in France. You will get much more torque on the launch so yes, better pulling at low revs. This being said, watch your clutch
-
Google Maps not Speaking Directions via Infotainment
Great, Can you provide a link? Does it recognise the speech?
-
Heated mirrors?
You should have theme, in France it is standard on the vrs. My 2014 has standard auto folding, dimming, heated mirrors
-
Google Maps not Speaking Directions via Infotainment
I am thinking of going this route https://a.aliexpress.com/_EG86vIt The 5.0 version is a real connection between AA wired and wireless and Apple wired and wireless Unlike other models that convert the AA to carplay to communicate with the car then restore AA trough software.
-
Google Maps not Speaking Directions via Infotainment
When I turn the car off, open and shut the door, usb stays powdered for about 2-3 minutes then if shuts off. I have a usb cable with an integrated led, so I see the led turn off after that amount of time so no worries.
-
Google Maps not Speaking Directions via Infotainment
Yes, The head unit has seperate volume setting for the music and for announcements. You can find the 2 dials in the volume settings or as suggested by @Cakemonsterturn the volume up when you have the announcement
-
Infotainment upgrade
Colombus should not fit your screen as it has a higher resolution
-
Google Maps not Speaking Directions via Infotainment
yes android auto on this generation needs the cable. Just try to see if it works, from there you can start to investigate. Android auto is really useful for google or waze navigation. Give it a try
-
Google Maps not Speaking Directions via Infotainment
On mine the navigation instructions works over bt. why don't you go through android auto? Is should work on a 2017 Amundsen
-
MIB2 Headunit help - no screen
If there is no displays it may not be unlocked. I went from mib1 to mib2 that was prepared for my car and it was plug and play. I just had to trim one plug and swap the usb port but no hassle what so ever