Skip to content

nickytheshaft

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by nickytheshaft

  1. Thanks I'll try this. For the canbus settings, I didn't notice any missing settings (at least that I use) between simple soft and raise. Finally, do you use the car factory mic or did you go for another option?
  2. So after playing around with the settings, I noticed that simplesoft works better than Raise. Using it, all my parking sensors issues are gone. Next thing to settle will be the mic. The inbuilt one is sooooo crappy. I will try a' external one. Are they any settings for an external mic or just plugging one is enought?
  3. Yes, why? In France it is illegal before 10 years. the octavia hase isofix in the rear wich will provide more safety for you child than just the front seatbelt.
  4. Well as we say, if it ain't broken don't fix it.... We all seem to have a different can version, your's is 25, wagster is 29 and mine is 27. I wonder how performance changes with this.
  5. Do any of you have Issues with the image of the car staying Frozen for about 20 seconds at times when you leave a parking spot?
  6. In the car settings menu, you can choose the options frr the individual mode, they won't be straight in the driving mode tiles.
  7. Hi, so for the german matrix language, you must change the language in the car setting menu and not the system setttings. For the drone, you can also check in the car settings if you have anything there. I would just put back the stock unit and deactivate it as I did for my factory bluetooth. Fot the canbus, have you connected the small 2 cable socket on the unit? (I missed that part on my installation and had issues) Frome the iso harness you must have 2 connectors to the unit. Have you selected RAISE in the settings before choosing you car?
  8. Sorry, I don't know, youy should try asking the seller (even if I doubt he even knows)
  9. Can you guys check the version of your car setting app? Mine is 1.0 and really ugly. I checked mine with FILE MANAGER If you have a higher version, It would be great to provide it. Extraction is really easy with FILE MANAGER. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.alphainventor.filemanager The application menu gives you all the info. To extract, Long press the app then select backup. The backed up file will be in BACKUPS folder
  10. I found on xda the password for the engineering menu. It is 7890+the hour if time showed in the status bar. So if it is 16h00 then the password is 789016 If it is 03h15 then 789003 Tried and worked The password for usb debugging is john@tw-desktop
  11. The 4GB/64GB supports wired and wireless android auto and apple carplay. You should read the whole tread, and see if you are okay with all that is going on.
  12. Most of us have the 4gb/64gb here so I can't pronounce myself for the other models. I have a friends 2gb sitting around. I juste played around quickly with it to see if it was working and extract some APK. I didn't notice much difference, maybe a little slower. I must wait for him to use it a little longer to have a straight opinion. Also I think only the 4gb model supports wireless Android auto and carplay, the others is wired. Others here also have the 2gb maybe they can give their impressions. The rest will work mostly the same. The only thing I noticed on mine is that the car settings menu is not pretty (but you go there juste once) and my ac mode setting doesn't work ,but I can set it the car settings menu (again you just go there once) Then if your bluetooth is activated, deactivate it with the stock infotainment before removing it. That's all, the reste is just how your taylor it.
  13. Something else, I don't remember where I saw the menu for the mic gain settings. If anyone remembers it would be great. I Also sent a message to the seller.
  14. Yes it is quite plug and play, except for the factory usb. Once I test and validate the custom câble the seller made for me then you can just ask for the same. The reste is really just getting the settings right. Read the whole topic, you will get many answers. Every one here is really helpful so you won't be left alone
  15. Enjoy your new year Eve and beware of the first headache 🤯🤯 Anyway, a good evening to every one and see you in 2022
  16. Indeed, I just tried and it connected wirelessly, activated WiFi automatically. For the radio tuner, I went with the free version of navradio, it is so much better the the Factory one.
  17. I installed the 1.77. it only works wired for Android auto. To activate it, you only need to have an internet connection and it activates automatically. The wireless is for Apple carplay. For Android wireless auto it seems it only works with zlink and headunit reloaded.
  18. If you have dab, go to radio and select the type, you should have am, FM, dab. If not then you don't have it. Another option is remove the unit in the glove box and see if you have a dab antenna https://www.forum-audi.com/topic-729-audi-mib-et-mib-mmi-plateforme-modulaire-dinfodivertissement.html
  19. Wow good news. Have you tried android auto from the usb port? I tried the APK of tlink you sent me and it works. For the factory mic, have you tried increasing the gain in the settings? Your son is patient, my girlfriend won't pick up after the second call lol and my son is 7 so I guess the same thing... Too bad for the FM. I really think the tuner is so so because on my friends 9 inch Android 11 the same stations have better reception.
  20. Ok then you have some wireing to do and I don't know how the car will manage the mirror leds are they work seperately from the othe lights, they go off befor the dome lights.
  21. I did the led under the side mirror, no problem, it is just a swap. when you say warning red light, do you mean replace the door lignt with a led? If yes, then no problem. the car only scans the safety lights (licence plate, reverse and so on)

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.