Skip to content

thamestrader

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by thamestrader

  1. Thought the purpose of ACC was to maintain the set speed, adjusting to slower traffic in front and resuming the set speed when possible. Is the speed limit shown on the dash from the sat nav maps or TSR? Could there be a configuration setting for ACC that selects the limit from signage, but even so if you’d set the ACC to 60 on a motorway surely it shouldn’t then choose 70 from a road sign? Either way a very alarming situation.
  2. Think it depends on which style/type of headlight is fitted. It’s a single bulb, H4, I think in the normal halogen units but the higher spec projector units may have two bulbs each side. As regards the “best way to change the bulb” there have been a few threads on his very topic over the years. There is a removable access panel in each wheel arch that allows nimble and flexible owners to get their hand in and replace (in theory) the bulb in theory🤔. But I never managed to do it, one major stumbling block is that with one arm in the wheel arch and pushed through the access panel it’s virtually impossible to actually see what you are doing. Had to ask the dealer to do it in the end.
  3. When the Skoda dealer does a service they provide a printout of the full service history. Which I suspect comes from what k referred to previously as the master server. Of course once the car is serviced outside the dealership service invoices are the only proof.
  4. That is very similar to what the digi cert shows for my Karoq, mileage is approx 6 weeks out date. About 2 months ago there was an issue with the 'Send Route to Car' feature. If you use the App to plan a route this feature will send the destination/route to the built-in Sat Nav. You could send the route but it never reached the car, many owners had this issue and it wasnt limited to Karoqs. It was clearly a Skoda server iissue not transmitting to the car. It got fixed after about 2 weeks. This Digi Cert issue looks very similar - the data on the Skoda server is not up to date - as proven by mine and @mumpsim examples, it also seems as though new car data is not reaching the server hence why Digi Certs are not being produced. Generally the slave servers used to provide data to Internet and App requests are purely for that purpose, they get regular (hourly/daily/overnight) updates from the master servers. The Digi Cert should have an entry for when the PDI was done. As cn be seen from this extract for my car.
  5. You can fit 225/R45 x 19 tyres which will improve things a bit.
  6. Check when the car thinks the next service is due. The maybe some issues with the data because mine doesn’t look either. This is what is showing for my Sept 73 Karoq, bought in Apr 24, serviced in March 24 by selling dealer, serviced by my local dealer in March 25. The oil change in 262 days makes sense but not the mileage. The inspection in 627 days is dirt if right 12 months after the oil change but the m mileage is wrong.
  7. Is your Karoq new or used? If you are near the dealer you bought it from the service person should be able to go online and access the same info.
  8. Is that the only function that’s not working? For example can you get the driving data mileage, mpg etc; does honk and flash work; can you send a route from the app to the car? There was an issue with the servers at Skoda a while back where routes were not getting to the car. I suspect that the digital certificate data comes from a Skoda server that holds the service history amongst other stuff. I’ve just checked and I can get a digital cert for my Karoq but it is about 2000 miles out of date - which I’ve not seen before so maybe their is an issue with the servers?
  9. @JXR is yours a 4x4? I have the same size wheel and tyre on mine and also find the ride to be ok. Mine is a 4x4 which has the multi link rear suspension- 2wd Karoqs have the beam axle with 40 profile tyres and I wonder if the suspension setup is a factor. Is DCC an option on both suspension setups?
  10. Another option is on the Skoda website they have an online Chat with 'Laura' feature who can supply a vehicle build spec using the full the VIN.
  11. There are a few Skoda Parts depts that have Ebay shops, although I can't see any items from them at the moment, they were in Plymouth or Cardiff I think, I have bought stuff from jstarraw92. Genuine rubber mats and mudflaps are nearly always on sale. I have used deutsche-parts a number of times, their shop on Ebay is worth a look. They have been very helpful when I've messaged them with a part number, they've been able to source it always at a lower price than the official dealer price. Skoda Parts have an online shop which you can order from but Ive never used it.
  12. It shouldn’t be possible to start a DSG car with the head selector out of park or without pressing the foot brake. So if either of those two sensors are misbehaving that might be the cause. The error nessage suggests gear selector position sensor maybe. A VCDS or VagCom code read should list the fault codes. It is heartening to hear that in the high tech world we now live in a well aimed Ball Pien hammer is still an effective tool!👍
  13. Voice control might require Skoda connect subscription if does in my Karoq - I don’t use it though as I’ve found it impossible to say a command or phrase it understands- this is when stationary trying to do simple things like make phone call - have to look at the screen to see what it has understood of replied with- suspect it’s impossible when driving. I wax hoping it would be like my old Garmin Voice control which had a list of easy to say commands that where shown on the screen as prompts.
  14. You should be able to renew the Skoda connect on z yearly basis, have you got the Skoda App on you phone linked to the car? Yes speed limiter is different and j think people do get them mixed up. We have the limiter on our Fabia. I have Karoq with Cruise and Limiter, I now use limiter more than cruise; unlike cruise it says active if you brake do you can’t inadvertently press the throttle and exceed the limit set, you remain in control - rather than driving with the right foot resting, as you enter new limit comes the limiter can bd quickly set to the new limit. If you get the sat nav working with up to date maps if should display the speed limit for the current road.
  15. I believe TSR only became standard on MY 24 Sportlines, certainly a 24 reg one I test drove in April 24 had TSR, the 73 plate Sportline I bought last year does not have TSR. What it does have though is the speed limit display on the Nav Map screen, and the ability to have it “bong” if the current speed exceeds the speed shown on the map. I think you can config how much over will cause the bong. A ! or maybe a triangle is also displayed behind the speed limit on the map. The bong can be switched off, it’s also possibly to have a speed warning display.
  16. I’ve had that with our Fabia as well, it’s a known problem. Ours wouldn’t switch off and the wiper stalk wouldn’t do anything. I found a solution though purely by fluke. Remove the wiper fuse and then refit the fuse. It causes the wiper motor to reset. Our Fabia hasn’t done it again for over 18 months. My garage ran diagnostics but there were no codes. The only reason I pulled the fuse was to show my partner (its her Fabia) how to disable the wipers in the event of it happening again.
  17. I’ve seen posts about something called the clock spring, which from memory seemed to have to do with the operation of steering wheel buttons. Maybe it’s a connector that’s not properly connected and heat is causing it to expand and move slightly?
  18. I happened to press the infotainment control knob on the right when I was following a route. To my surprise the Satnav repeated the last spoken direction. I normally have the audio directions switched off and it’s a real faff to switch them back on via the screen menu prompts. So this for me is a really useful feature, if only it was the a toggle for audio directions on/off.
  19. I agree. For both our Skoda DSG cars which are now low annual mileage, do the following 'back of fag packet' calculation number of cold starts per hundred miles. Oil is at its least affective when its cold, the engine and gearbox are most prone to wear until they are fully warmed up. Our Fabia DSG does 2000 miles a year its around 20 per 100 miles, For my Karoq, which does 8000 miles per year, some weeks it can be 40 per 100 miles. Compare this with when I was doing a 100 mile round trip to work each day it was 2 per 100 miles.
  20. If you have lost 1,3,5 gears I would have expected 7th to have been lost as as well, as odd gears are one clutch and the even gears and reverse on the other clutch. First question is has the DSG oil ever been changed, your Karoq should have the wet clutch DQ381, which requires an oil change and filter clean at 80,000 miles. SO in theory at 23,000 miles its not due an oil change - the purpose of the oil is cool the clutch plates, but it gets contaminated with the dust off the clutch plates. The cheapest maintenance job on a DSG gearbox is changing the oil. On my previous VW, 2 2.0 TDI with a 6 spd wet clutch DSG, which towed a 1,500 kg car trailer, the DSG oil and filter was changed every 40,000 miles or 5 years, I had it done twice and it cost less than £200 each time. . Mechantronic Unit and Clutch pack are more expensive, £1,500 or more I believe I ve seen quoted on this forum.
  21. Totally agree re the matrix headlights, brilliant (no pun) I've noticed when following trucks at a sensible distance with auto-dim on that periodically the reflectors on the back of the truck are illuminated by the matrix lights - presumably to decide whether to go to full beam or not. Ive also noticed the matrix lights are on full beam, based on the blue dash symbol, for longer than I would have had manually controlled full beam on when following or there is oncoming traffic - and I've not been flashed by oncoming traffic. I also like the way the illuminate the verges and road signs at the side of the road so much better than any car i've ever owned. I like the virtual cockpit, I have the full map displayed on the infotainment screen and next direction change the arrow is displayed in the centre of the dash between Taco and speedo, but there are other choices.
  22. thamestrader replied to Bobov's topic in Skoda Karoq
    In order to give useful advice a bit more information would be of assistance: Model SE, SEL, Sportline, Edition, Model year ie MY22 is August 22 to Jul 22, Infortainment system - Amundsen or Columbus, dashboard display, analogue, Virtual 8" or 11". On my 23 Sportline its a configuration of the Virtual Cockpit through the Infortainment system Menus.
  23. On pre 2024 cars the app access was free for the first 12 months, later cars I think it’s free for 3 years. After that you pay annually for subscriptions. There are two services: Care Connect which links to the driving data and gives you remote access to the status of the car including its current location., Infotainment Online which provides map updates, traffic, route calculation etc. I pay for both. When I just checked in the App it says you can try the services free for 3 months.
  24. The air distribution system is common to many VAG vehicles. I’m not 100% certain but I think the flaps are moved electrically either motors or relays. If they are then it could be a fuse.
  25. There are DSG specialists who can run diagnostics to identify the issue. It’s not unheard of for clutch packs to be replaced. As previously mentioned of gears use one clutch and even gears the other clutch. Reverse uses the even clutch.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.