Everything posted by thamestrader
-
Sportline Edition
The comments about ride quality and DCC feedback seem to confirm that the poor ride are primarily caused by the combination of Bridgestone rubber and torsion bar rear suspension rather than 19 inch wheels with 40 profile tyres. The multi link rear suspension provides a better ride.
-
Four years and four months on - a progress report of sorts
@Phutters regard the engine remap did it increase insurance cost and did you notice any difference in mpg. The torque increase is what interests me.
-
Opinion on potential Karoq purchase (AutoTrader Link contained)
I meant to include a comment about only 1 key too. Definitely ask the seller why there is only one, if it’s a dealer they will have knocked the seller down because of the missing key in order to cover the cost when it’s sold because everyone wants 2 keys.
-
Opinion on potential Karoq purchase (AutoTrader Link contained)
Provided the seller hasn’t deleted it its always worth looking at the Driving Data history; since start, last refuelling, overall. The avg speed, distance, mpg can give some insight into usage especially when linked to mot mileages. 7 yrs old personally I’d want to see a recent cambelt replacement or get price reduced to cover it. Regular annual oil and filter changes are important.
-
Boot area bag hooks
Light bulb moment this week when, after nearly a year of ownership, I discovered the correct way to use the bag hooks in the boot. After putting the bag handles over the hook, twist the hook upwards to prevent the handles coming off the hook. This stops the bags from falling over. It is Simply Clever .............
-
Amundsen Sat Nav
@JXR Thanks for the info, if only the Owners Manuals were more detailed. For the nearly a year I've had the 'Show Map on Dashboard' ticked and had to either stop to select a different previous destination from the touch screen OR attempt to talk the 'OH' (who doesn't even have a smart phone) tthrough the touch screen options! So I'm going to choose something else for the centre display on the VC. On that subject I found an item I'd not seen/heard of before (can't find it in the manual either). In Driving Data (where you can choose from Oil Temp, Water Temp. Speedo, Overview etc) is something called Conv Consumer. This gets displayed as Convenience Consumer -it has a horizontal bar graph, which appears to be showing 'amount' used and underneath a list of the things contributing to the amount used. In my car it listed Heated Door mirrors and Air Conditioning, because both were switched on at the time, I switched the HRW on and that was added to the list. Havent had it displayed long enough to determine precisely what the 'amount' being measured is - but I'm guessing maybe Carbon usage or kw of power.
-
Amundsen Sat Nav
Yes perfect sense, tried it this morning.
-
Timing Belt official change guidelines
Our 2015 1.2 TSI had the timing belt replaced at 13,000 miles and in 2022, and I think it should have been done earlier, cost then was £102.05 for the belt and £338.40 for the labour. I'll probably replace it again in 2029 - just in case.
-
Delete Old Destinations on Sat Nav
I think it’s a hover and swipe now as I was attempting to do this last night.
-
Skoda SIM required for wireless Apple CarPlay?
Your right, until Škoda allow CarPlay to access the virtual cockpit it’s a limitation. Latest version of CarPlay does support it though.
-
Amundsen Sat Nav
The printed manual, although not 100%, is 'better' than the online manual which has a terrible user interface -everything is chopped up and you can't se the overall picture.. I've tried downloading a PDF version In my manual its on the top left of Page 65. This page is in the Virtual Cockpit Section - I would have expected there to be something in the Navigation Section to explain how to get the List of Destinations displayed in the centre section of the dash where the map is displayed. The button cirled in red cycles through the variopus things that can be displayed (Radio, Assist Systems, Navigation, Driving Data etc) some of these have options that can be selected and I'm sure originally on Navigation there was a check box for Dsiplay Map in Cluster, I don't get that anymore. The one time I saw List of Destinations it was a Check Box within Navigation. So frustrating..
-
Amundsen Sat Nav
I like the realtime traffic, I have the map display on in centre of the dashboard even for local journeys as the local council have numerous temporary closures for pothole repairs etc. I have now found a reference in the owners manual about the list of destinations being displayed but it dies says when if how🤔
-
Amundsen Sat Nav
I know many people ignore the built in Sat Nav and this is a question for those owners who have persevered with the built-in Sat Nav. The other day, whilst trying to make sense of Voice Control with Navigation ,I stumbled across something I felt would be really useful.....but I have no idea how I did it and cannot recreate it. I managed to get a scrollable list of destinations displayed in the area between the Tacho and Speedo in the virtual cockpit (VC) I have VC set up to display the map or route directions. Has anyone else managed to get this list displayed in the VC if so how did you do it?
- Any suggestions for Windscreen washer jet replacement?
-
1.5 Tsi Power Cutting Out
Thats rather interesting, which makes me wonder if the cause might be related to carbon build up in gently driven vehicles, the 'Italian tune up' gets the engine hotter and burns off or prevents the build up. perhaps when driven gently the 1.5tsi has a tendency to run slightly rich so things get sooty.
-
Software Update - under warranty part of recall
🤔 well that particular OS did cross my mind, but the software I worked on, with quarterly releases, our customers expected and received detailed documentation of every change whether it was an enhancement or fault rectified.
-
Software Update - under warranty part of recall
Just booked my Karoq in for a it’s oil and inspection service at Marshall Skoda MK. Service person said it was due a software update that would be done under warranty and it was part of a recall action. I had the option to refuse if I signed a disclaimer- couldn’t see any reason to refuse so will have it done. Tried to find out what it would affect, told it was a control module so I’m none the wiser. Being in the IT world software updates usually list all the things that will be rectified (hopefully) by the update. Anyone else had this in the last 6 months?
-
2.0 tdi burning oil 0W-20
Although many modern engines do not tend to use oil between 10,000 miles service intervals, compared to the engines in the 1970s cars cars when I started driving. The reality is ALL manufacturers will specify a normal oil consumption figure, 0.5L per 1,000 miles for example. Which over the course of 10,000 miles equates to 5 Litres. Oil consumption of 1 Litre per 10,000 km or per years doesn't seem excessive. Having said that my VW Touran 2.0 L TDI in 11 years and 108,000 miles never needed oil topped up between each annual service.
-
Nearly 2 years of ownership.
Regarding the higher VED rates, first year rate only applies to first owner, so buying an ex demo at 3 months old avoids it, you just pay £190 for the 2.0 TSI. I’ve only done 6k miles so far in my ‘73 plate 2.0 TSI Sportline, which I bought at 6 months old and 1000 miles. Very pleased and no problems to date, roadholding is incredible, corners like it’s on rails and no roll.
-
Sat Nav - how to
You can use postcodes but I personally gave up with it. I found that the simplest method of putting in destination is to use the Map option on the My Skoda app. This uses Google maps to get the details, then send the route to the car. Thd Nav screen will display a prompt just start route to get going. You need to Stop a route when you arrive at the destination - touch the screen top left. Deleting is a knack - sort of hover and swipe right to get up delete button.
-
Tow neck stuck
I think it’s a 50/50. Whilst I agree it does mean any touch Parker will come off worse, having had someone run into the back of my car, which had a towbar fitted, which caused extensive damage. All the impact went through the towing hitch into the fixing points of the towbar. Without the towbar the impact would have been absorbed by the deformable bumper and rear crumple zones. Also with the removable hitch in place should you be unlucky enough to touch something when reversing, even a light tap with a towing hitch will do more damage than with a deformable bumper.
- How to remove Karoq glovebox - 2023 onwards
- Dealership Offers
-
Dealership Offers
Work out what it would cost in maintenance on your 3 year old Karoq for the next 3 years. Compare that to the cost to change figure include all the costs related to the new car including servicing, loss of interest if paying cash using savings and VED. Remember VED rates for cars over 40k in years 2 to 5 incur an extra £410 on top of the £190 per year. First year VED now is much higher. Your 2022 Karoq list price was probably under the £40k threshold. I suspect that true cost to change will be 2 or 3 times the cost of keeping your current Karoq.
-
Karoq Sportline Haldex oil change interval?
I’ve read on other forums that the filter cleaning or replacement depending on version of the Haldex is just as or even more important than the oil change. After all if the filter is blocked the oil won’t circulate.