Skip to content

Prezafab

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Prezafab

  1. Prezafab replied to awfabia's topic in Skoda Yeti
    That's the stuff ! Looking at some of the old threads, it seems I'm not alone in accepting it as an Achilles heal, and just getting it properly repaired so it should last as long as possible.
  2. Prezafab replied to awfabia's topic in Skoda Yeti
    It was the outside of the rear doors, yes. They tend to bubble up from under the paint - probably 'road rash' as the cause, but there's lots in the archive here about how the doors were originally treated. Its definitely the weak spot, but last year's workshop visit cost a fair £250 for a rear door respray and a new plastic film for the rear door/arch edge. I can live with that now and again because Yetis have very few failings. Bilt Hamber stuff is great. Try that carnuba infused wax twice a year. Has won the Auto Express awards for years, and isnt priced like a beauty cream!
  3. So, you "pays your money and takes your choice". I'm on my 106th car now (7th Yeti) and it's good to share what actually works from personal experience.
  4. You are missing the point I was making. Everyone has a preference for particular premium tyres. I always fit Continental, Michelin or Goodyear. My point was that, from personal experience, you can get a very good tyre that, unless you enjoy track days in the Yeti or want to eke out every mile, they will do you very well. The Debicas cost £288 for 4 (235/45/18). The above brands were £670+. In real life (the Volvo has 290bhp), they've been unbelievably good value for money. They grip well wet or dry, ride very well, and are quiet. I will go back to my winter Michelins (bought last year) on smaller wheels in November, that cost £530. My point was about value for money, rather than the best tyre on paper. (I still say Vector 4 Seasons are good on the Yeti!)
  5. If anyone is on a budget at the moment and needs new tyres, try these:- Debica Presto UHP, made at the Goodyear factory. I fitted these earlier in the year to our Volvo, as I was changing wheel size (and didn't want to waste £7-800 if the ride was ruined). I genuinely can't tell the difference compared to the premium brands I always fit. Highly recommended.
  6. Prezafab replied to awfabia's topic in Skoda Yeti
    What are you going to do to protect the lower doors from rust ? We've had paintwork on three of our Yetis in the same places from the paint chip / bleed issue. I don't think you can do much other than deal with quickly?
  7. MPG

    Prezafab replied to Expatman's topic in Skoda Yeti
    You pays your money... On my diesel Yeti I use standard fuel and add a shot of Miller's Ecomax every second tank. On my old Impreza, it's always fun on Tesco Momentum 99 because it likes it !
  8. Prezafab replied to awfabia's topic in Skoda Yeti
    ... There's three over £19k all 17 reg at Skoda dealers. One 1.2 auto is £19,980.
  9. Prezafab replied to awfabia's topic in Skoda Yeti
    Check what some of the Skoda dealers are asking for them as well - they don't discount much off premium low mileage stock...
  10. Prezafab replied to awfabia's topic in Skoda Yeti
    I look at Yeti prices now and again on Autotrader, and there was one on for £19995 the other day. I know the used market went crazy a year ago, but this shows how in demand low mileage ones are.
  11. MPG

    Prezafab replied to Expatman's topic in Skoda Yeti
    I'm averaging 70mpg in the Volvo, but that's cheating(!) I found that our 1.2 TSi DSG Yetis (we've had 3) responded far better to a very gentle throttle than the TDI 4x4 DSG s we have had. For our driving mix, I would say that we could get another 10% out of the diesel and 20-30% more out of the petrol 's average when driving very carefully.
  12. We've also had Goodyear Vector 4 Seasons fitted to our 15 plate Yeti for the last 3 years and they are still going strong. As above, I can't fault them and find them more rounded (ha ha) than the Michelin Cross Climate 2 I have on our other car. Recommended .
  13. Thanks - i thought they would be more. Will see if the dealer still lists.
  14. Does anyone know the part number for the genuine Skoda door rubbing strips (set of four)? I've done a search and am just getting aftermarket ones coming up. (The thick black ones !) Its for a 2013 TSi Elegance hatch Thanks

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.