Skip to content

Prezafab

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Prezafab

  1. Is that ETP76C or 78C in the photo? If you key the latter into the MOT history website it says a green 1965 Lister diesel which hasn't had its first MOT yet !
  2. Good idea 're the cleaning. I use Miller's DPF cleaner a couple of times a year and EcoMax every few tanks. I've had the old Impreza Terracleaned a few years back another did no harm.
  3. That's what we're thinking , unless we spot something like we did last week, but the cost of change wasn't sensible for the gain.
  4. We have a Black Edition DSG 4x4 with 98,000 miles which is serving us well. It's our 4th Yeti plus a company one. Total service history since new. I keep an eye on used prices because my other half would ideally like an SEL Drive spec car which has none of the risk of buying a used L&K with a leaky panoramic roof. I enquired about a 2017 1.2 (FWD) one recently as it looked about right for us but the dealer was offering below trade and not moving at all on their car. Now I do get that Yetis are still in demand, but if you have a possible customer trading in another Yeti, wouldn't you have thought some room for negotiation for an it easy sale? Anyway - now thinking about holding onto to it to 120k. We've had the usual couple of lower door area repaints, new Bilstein front shocks, springs, mounts and all the servicing is up to date. So - what would you recommend doing or to be aware of ? - DSG ? DPF ? Engine related ?
  5. My dad had his Imp for 6 weeks because it was so unreliable. Which was a good thing because he went onto an Alfasud - character by the bucketload, rust by the bulkhead.
  6. 1800cc in the picture. Bet that flew down the road ! I just remember the one I rode in feeling like it would fall apart. ... Strange how memory works - just remembered the excellent 6 cylinder Opel Commodore GSi from around 1978 that my mates dad used to give us a lift in. Silky smooth luxury at the time.
  7. Only in the same way that I wouldn't have called a 2 door Chevette or Avenger a coupe ! I would have called the Crossfire a coupe, but the Celicas you could argue were hatch or liftbacks?
  8. Only in the same way that I wouldn't have called a 2 door Chevette or Avenger a coupe ! I would have called the Crossfire a coupe, but the Celicas you could argue were hatch or liftbacks?
  9. I remember having a lift in a 3 door Marina, which I'm sure was called a coupe. There's marketing for you!
  10. I saw a TV programme last night where it had a crime reconstruction. They kept talking about a brown Rover , but the car they used was a Morris Ital. Now that was a terrible car - but it did have character...?
  11. Some interesting cars ! What do you think gives them character? I think it's sometimes the sound they make (not the Yeti!) and how connected you feel to what they do on the road - there's a predictability and trust, almost.
  12. Most of us love the Yeti and also think it has some 'character'. Which cars have you owned in the past do you also think had something about them ? I'm going to nominate 3 that weren't particularly great on paper but I remember them fondly. 1. Toyota Tercel 4wd estate. (Slow but totally dependable in all weathers including deep snow) 2. Chrysler Crossfire (Slated at the time, but great sounding, fun to drive and now a cheap bargain). 3. Subaru Legacy Turbo (Wolf in sheep's clothing Q-car with flat four burble) How about you ?
  13. For those of you who remember hitting the insurance friendly age of 25 back in the day, when it became possible to insure yourself on anything remotely sporty... Spare a thought for the current 20 year olds:- https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-67991154
  14. Another idea if you already have a relationship with a local garage is to call in and ask if they can put it up on a ramp for you for your to look at with the mechanic and torch. If it turns out just to be the bumper cover was pushed in (and out?), then no harm done. I've had 3 or 4 cars like this and had a smart repairer just blow it out to shape with some heat.
  15. Does anyone know the correct part numbers for both thermostats on a 2015 2.0 TDi 4x4? I think the main one is 1K0121113A, but don't know the secondary one near the cooler. Our temperature gauge is pinned at the bottom or at 'twenty to'.
  16. I wouldn't have thought that many teenagers would want to be claiming on their insurance and losing any no claims bonus they have. Their premium will sky-rocket from claiming early in their driving. I would be more worried about a lack of insurance these days.
  17. Prezafab replied to awfabia's topic in Skoda Yeti
    Re the rufty tufty marketing point, the trouble is that you could equally argue that it was the makers who gave cars the 4x4 looks without the four wheel drivetrain. Yeti included. I think the first Qashqai and Q3 were the ones that sold in big volumes as front wheel drive variants, to the extent that Audi didn't even bother with a quattro version of the regular Q2 some years later? Subaru stayed true to 4wd - you could still get an underpowered 1.6 version in the standard XV range until a couple of years ago, and they are still very good offroad.
  18. Prezafab replied to awfabia's topic in Skoda Yeti
    Went to a point to point race meet earlier. By their nature they are on a farmers field with car parking on an adjoining field with a bigger slope. We left after 4 races and our Yeti with 4x4 and 17 inch all season tyres was already sliding (safely) through the mud. I would love to see footage when everybody leaves at the end - many on big wheels and summer tyres 😁 Or is it just me?
  19. Prezafab replied to awfabia's topic in Skoda Yeti
    You are in a small minority of buyers I'm afraid. Most still want large or larger, and as rightly said above, the manufacturers are all about maximising profit. My personal favourite example is when Skoda started charging for spare wheels because their weight 'harmed fuel emissions figures' 😉 That trend, like bigger wheels, is now pretty common practice. I just bought a 3 year old Audi which has standard fit 20 inch alloys and a big empty molded space under the boot floor for a spacesaver. I got a never used oem wheel and tyre for £150 that Audi want over £500 for new...
  20. Prezafab replied to awfabia's topic in Skoda Yeti
    I always found this site helpful when swapping wheels on various cars. https://www.willtheyfit.com/
  21. Prezafab replied to awfabia's topic in Skoda Yeti
    Yes, good point 're the suspension on 4x4 variants.
  22. Prezafab replied to awfabia's topic in Skoda Yeti
    Yes, we couldn't justify the price for a decent used Tiguan - we had a 190 diesel and the 180 2.0 petrol. The Karoq looks much better value used at about £14/15k than a 2017 Yeti. We'd probably go for the 1.5 DSG FWD although we've been used to a TDI dsg 4x4. I'll have a look on the Karoq forum if I dare (!) But you sound positive after the move from the Yeti?
  23. Prezafab replied to awfabia's topic in Skoda Yeti
    Like a Tiguan ? We had a couple of current generation company ones that rode well, even on big wheels.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.