Skip to content

Prezafab

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Prezafab

  1. Cheapest approach is to buy a pair of heated gloves, or a Karoq, used Touareg etc 🤗
  2. Are you still on the original shock absorbers ? We replaced ours at 97k on our 2015 model because it was becoming rolly and crashy on bumpy undulating roads. No leaks, just well worn and terrible local roads. Went for Bilsteins in the end.
  3. Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but if there is a professional, guaranteed no-leak way of doing this, can you immobilise and seal the sunroof 'shut' ? There have been a number of cars with a fixed glass panel roof, where just the blind moves. I'm sure this has been discussed, but if we'd chosen an L&K 3 years ago (we nearly did) over a Black Edition, that's what I would be doing ... With my other half's permission, of course!
  4. I've bought cars known for specific traits or issues *because* I've seen the genuine paperwork from the franchised dealer that the official repair has been carried out. I wouldn't say it's a selling point, but it definitely gives peace of mind to the next the buyer knowing that they aren't likely to have to spend £'000. I bought a particular used Mercedes SLK 350 because the plastic cam follower/guide had been replaced. The part was £300 but the Labour was £2500.
  5. My understanding (which could be wrong!) Is that you have to give them one chance to fix and if it's not resolved you can advise the Dealer that you want to reject. The trouble is, that it they (for examp le) replace the roof cassette, they can legitimately say that that is the official fix, provided that they provide evidence (Skoda parts invoice?). So, if it it starts leaking again, when would that be and you wouldn't have any recourse by that time. Also, if you reject, and they accept, they can retain a legitimate amount of money from the original sale to cover their costs of sale, and the fact that the value of the Yeti has probably dropped a bit over the last 3 months. If I was in the same situation and the Dealer seems to be helpful and concerned, I would be saying that you would like to have confidence to keep the car, and as you don't want to risk leaks appearing over the near future, the only sensible solution would be for them to replace the whole roof cassette, as that is what Skoda dealers recommend. If they agree to that and evidence it to add to your service history, I would thank them and see how the fix goes as it might be perfect for the next 3 years. At the first sign of a leak you can then trade it in with no loss to yourself, and have otherwise had a great car. We're on our 6th Yeti in the family and even though our black edition has nearly done 100k, we just had all new front Bilstein suspension etc etc because they are worth keeping. Let us know what happens. Ps you could always suggest to the dealer that you pay for a second opinion at Skoda dealer, and if they agree it needs a new cassette, your supplying dealer stands by it ?
  6. I would be 'delighted' that the Dealer is owning the repair - you don't have the option to reject a used car now. I would then either sell it privately and have the paperwork showing a new sunroof cassette, or keep it until you can change it for a late SEL model without a panroof. I've just bought a new to me Audi to replace our Volvo and I avoided the panaromic roof option like the plague, because of your and others experience on here. I looked into Audi forums for my model and people have had issues in warranty (under 3 years old) so I thought it was too much of a risk for a used car purchase.
  7. No, you are alright thanks. We're on our 6th Yeti and they're not that sophisticated really compared with a lot of current cars. It sorted itself out after a short run to the petrol station. No flashing TPMS as it's self-calibrated. The only setting we had to make was the clock. Normal Yeti service resumed!
  8. I will drive it round in the snow tomorrow and see if the TPMS sorts itself out. The others did from reveresi my the car off the drive and back again. Actually, just seen a YouTube video of an Octavia where you reset all the lights above after a battery change by turning the wheel full lock to full lock.
  9. Well, I fitted my new Varta ok but:- ESC, traction control lights, ESC warning message and TPMS flashing. Turned the car round and it cleared the first 3 TPMS light still flashing, despite double checking pressures and attempting to reset ( it won't, no beep) Any ideas? 2015 Well, I fitted my new Varta ok but:- ESC, traction control lights, ESC warning message and TPMS flashing. Turned the car round and it cleared the first 3 TPMS light still flashing, despite double checking pressures and attempting to reset ( it won't, no beep) Any ideas? 2015 Well, I fitted my new Varta ok but:- ESC, traction control lights, ESC warning message and TPMS flashing. Turned the car round and it cleared the first 3 TPMS light still flashing, despite double checking pressures and attempting to reset ( it won't, no beep) Any ideas? 2015
  10. Good, thanks.
  11. For those who've replaced a Yeti battery, is any coding or reprogramming needed or is it plug & play? Ours is a 2015 140 TDi dsg 4x4 Thanks!
  12. I had an Audi A6 that had a leak in the footwell even after clearing the sunroof drains, and it did turn out to be the scuttle drains blocked with mushed up dirt and foliage.
  13. I can't recommend for Southampton, but we had cambelt, dsg oil change & adaptations, Haldex oil and filter done all at once as well. Even though we normally use independents due to cost (and ability!), We used a Skoda dealer, because they had tarrif pricing for older cars at a favourable fixed rate. It was about 25% more expensive 2 years ago. Maybe your local Skoda dealers still can do something?
  14. That's what we did last year - about £25/£30 and installed & worked fine.
  15. That's what I would have thought. The Yeti has more character in looks and feel, but the Kafka is more refined? We've never had a Karoq, but have had several Yetis and a couple of newer Tiguans. My thinking was that the Karoq would have had a lot of the rougher edges smoothed off - just like Tiguan mk1 vs Tiguan mk2. (Ps still a Yeti fan!)
  16. What don't you like about the Karoq 1.5? On paper it should drive better than the Yeti ? Its never appealed to me because it looked a bit bland compared with the Yeti, but I assumed it was at least good to drive (more comfortable, more refined, more economical etc?)
  17. ... we had darker tint added to the rear side doors and had a mid tint added to the tailgate. No complaints from our big dog, and left front doors alo ne, so mot always fine.
  18. Have you thought about having the rear and side windows 'sunset glass' tinted or does your car already have them?
  19. Is it an Indian Yeti - a popular market.
  20. With 175k on it ? Now. Cost ? Depends on your country.
  21. No it was back in range, but we had new shocks, springs, top mount bearings and drop links replaced at the same time. It needed new shocks, so it made sense for me to do everything all at once as it's lasted 98,000m on them, and I doubt we'll have it until 196,000m. You never know, though !
  22. Just had our alignment done after new front shocks and a year of banging and crashing over 'off-road' new housing estate roads. I knew the Yeti was robust, but it was only a bit out of tolerances, like above.
  23. Timing chain rattle = replacement.
  24. This won't help but I know the noise - it's a squeaky, tinkly, springy kind of noise... We had it on a 1.2 Tsi DSG at normally lower speeds on a gentle throttle as if something was opening up or expanding. Did also have it on a TDi Yeti about 10 years ago, but neither caused any problems.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.