Everything posted by Prezafab
-
Would you risk buying an L&K ?
Just to understand, if it's wrapped on the metal but not the rubber seal, how would that stop it leaking / water getting in ? Great idea though.
-
Would you risk buying an L&K ?
... No dsg on the 1.4 which was a shame.
-
Would you risk buying an L&K ?
We had one way back that was running fine at 97k when we sold it. I know there's a debate about do you change oil or not with DSGs but I think if you visit a dealer now and again, you have a chance.
-
Would you risk buying an L&K ?
Thanks, but one isn't an SEL Drive and the other has more miles (104k) than ours has already.I Will keep looking - I've reserved 2 that were sold already, seen one that had 2 oil change invoices in 7 years and was beaten to another one that we went to see without reserving, by an hour. Maybe it's a Yeti thing !
-
Would you risk buying an L&K ?
Dsg petrol or diesel, but has to be dsg.
-
Would you risk buying an L&K ?
Thanks for all the good advice. SEL Drive is the one we've been looking for at a decent price. SEL doesn't have sat nav (my other half wants it, regardless of Smartlink) Monte Carlo looks like our Black Edition (which she likes) but no sat nav. L&K perfect apart from this thread !
-
Would you risk buying an L&K ?
That's exactly what we've been looking for until now as well - SEL drive. Have avoided L&K until I saw one that 'looked good'. I think the previous poster has made me see sense...
-
Would you risk buying an L&K ?
Appreciate your reply 're the L&K. Did you ever come across a garage that could make a permanent fix with the blue etc if you then keep the roof shut, or do they still 'go' ? I've actually just replaced our other car with an Audi and turned down the two best I could find because they had pan roofs and the Audi was packed with electronics!
-
Would you risk buying an L&K ?
We're in the market for another Yeti and even though I know about the pan roof issues, I'm tempted by the L&K. 1) Am I mad ? 2) Do they leak if you have the roof checked and then never open it ? 3) I see that Skoda dealers offer a pan roof service for £89. Is that just money for old rope for them?I Talk me out of the idea if you like !
-
Hanging on to the current Yeti ..?
Huge variation in prices. We are looking at the £12-13k Mark (DSG and SEL or better) the dealers are hugely swayed by low mileage ones - e.g. 1.2 petrol on at £19500 with 10k miles...
-
Hanging on to the current Yeti ..?
We're still in the hunt for a 17 or 67 plate SEL plus sat nav or SEL Drive at a 'reasonable price':- Put a holding deposit on one that looked good (maybe it was), but had its first MOT at 18 months old, followed by 5 owners in 50000m. So that put us off. Second one looked perfect, franchised dealer, placed holding deposit on line 'sorry we've sold it's Car 3, deposit placed. Will let you know...!
-
TDi 150 engine issues compared with the 140?
... Having taken out the seats for the first time in a couple of years last week, to fit in a sofa (just) they weigh a ton...
-
TDi 150 engine issues compared with the 140?
I bet the Yeti feels quicker than the Karoq ? I've remapped a fair few cars and never had a problem with them - if the tuner does a safe map. I reckon the one you have is about right for the Yeti at +20%. Our Yeti is really my other half's - she wants another one but as you know, the choice of SEL Drive 4x4 DSG diesels is very limited or hilariously expensive. She's not against a Karoq...
-
Corrosion protection of modern Skodas ?
... My dad had 4 'Suds. Every ride was exciting. I still remember being in the Audi dealer with him and being offered £800 trade in against a used Audi Avant mk1. I think it cost him £3-4k new 2 years before.
-
Corrosion protection of modern Skodas ?
I remember Ziebart being another big name in the UK - my dad's Alfasud Ti definitely needed it ...
-
TDi 150 engine issues compared with the 140?
The alternative for us is a dealers Karoq 1.6 TDi SEL for less money that an older Yeti !
-
TDi 150 engine issues compared with the 140?
... A 2018 registered Yeti is a bit rare !
-
TDi 150 engine issues compared with the 140?
Thinking about replacing our reliable TDi 140 with a newer 150 engined model with about 50k on it. Does the 150 have any issues I need to be aware of , compared with the older engine ? Anything ad blue related?
-
Battery depletion and connecting / dis-connecting, and fault codes.
To add to JRs comments, I changed the battery on our Yeti last month to a new Varta one. 3 or 4 warning lights (ABS, ASR,ESP?) and the steering one which went off once I turned the steering from lock to lock and moved the car back and forward.
-
Yeti owner's previous 'cars with character'
Not nice. I had a 6 month old Jeep Cherokee that did that on the outside lane of the M6 nearly Corley services. A gust of wind at the front and it totally cut out like your Volvo. I was lucky that I was doing 80 because it gave me some coasting distance to get to the hard shoulder without being collected by a) The artics or b) the armco
-
Yeti owner's previous 'cars with character'
I've bought myself a ticket for the Festival of the Unexceptional in July. There are bound to be Allegros there
-
Yeti owner's previous 'cars with character'
Ooh with twin round headlights and a stripey interior. My dad looked at one then bought an Alfasud Ti once he had convinced my mum we didn't need 4 doors and the rear legroom was ok 😄
-
Your Yeti pet hate?
My current pet hate is dealers still charging top money for late 2017 Yetis and offering bare trade money for a 2015 one...🙄. Maybe I'll try another private sale.
-
Your Yeti pet hate?
It's for the idiots who still drive around in the UK with the Auto lights switch set to off , but they aren't in Skodas usually
-
Yeti owner's previous 'cars with character'
Nice car that - nearly got a used Cavalier GSi 4x4 (with the same non-turbo engine) but went for a Legacy Turbo 4wd instead. Loved that car - lots of stories.