Everything posted by OldKaroq
- Owner's Manual frustration
-
Android Auto for phone screens will stop working soon.
I just realised how old I am getting - I have little idea what the above 6 posts refer to - but I don't think it concerns me so thats ok! 😂
-
Build Times for new Karoq
Me too. I needed the "higher riding" SUV type vehicle as I was having more difficulty getting into and out of a saloon type car. I hope you are ready for the difference in power output though!!
-
Build Times for new Karoq
Ah I see! Well I hope you enjoy the car as much as I do. I have never bought the same model of car twice. The Karoq does everything I want it to do
-
Build Times for new Karoq
Jeez. Nearly a year old with no miles on the clock. 😧
-
Turn ignition
Congrats on your purchase! I have just found the fader etc. As your hand nears the screen , there is a little bar at the top of the screen. Swipe this down, and a menu will appear. On this menu there are fader settings along with other useful stuff. And for the auto, press the button without your foot on the brake.
-
Karoq facelift unveiled November 2021
Yes I noticed 2 of the hooks were missing! Bit mean. But to be fair I don't think I used the extra hooks very often. I find the seats slightly softer - the originals were a little too firm in the SE L. Sat nav upgrades itself - much better than messing about uploading to the card. The copper conductive heated windscreen is an improvement on the filament type. Vision improvement. Untested so far of course, I think it works OK as waiting at traffic lights I switched it on by mistake and the engine instantly started up.
-
Skoda insurance
Re gap insurance - our local dealership was really pushing this when I picked up my Karoq last week. I had to say NO (but I didn't shout. More of a no thanks !! ) to 2 different salesman. Then I got a phone call from them too! I think they must be on commission.
-
Karoq pictures
Skoda Phoenix Orange in very bright sunlight. The colour ranges from almost yellow to a bronze in lowlight. I think its a "marmite" colour, but im done with "50 shades of grey" 😳 For the last 12 years I have had black, silver and grey, all neutrals.
-
Build Times for new Karoq
😁 Thanks Keith!! I went for another (updated) SE L as it has everything I wanted, with heated windscreen added. No problems finding it in a car park 🤣 I think the Orange/ Black/Chrome contrast goes well. For anyone wishing to stay with the SE L from the original version, there are a few welcome changes (apart from the obvious exterior styling changes) the seats are slightly softer. I found the previous seats a little hard, needing a stop and a stretch after 100 miles. The sat nav is improved, and updates itself. The heated windscreen is copper conductive and no filaments. Amazingly, it look just like standard glass.
-
Build Times for new Karoq
-
Build Times for new Karoq
Had a phone call today to say the new Karoq is at the dealers and arranged to collect on Tuesday. Ordered 2nd March hopefully collecting 24th May so again, just under 3 months from order to collection.
-
Slight front disc corrosion. Big bill?
If your discs do need replacing you could use Big Bill. But equally any Skoda trained motor technician could do the job!
-
Build Times for new Karoq
Very nice!! I expected the windscreen to be a little more coppery coloured. Its better than having the filaments showing isnt it! Enjoy!!
-
Build Times for new Karoq
I phoned the dealer again as I hadn't heard from them (salesman had left) and it was indeed built last week, Week 17. So all on time. Expected collection will be "in a few weeks" - probably right when im on a weeks holiday. 🙄
-
Creating a route on my Satnav
Agreed! 👍
-
Auto light error
Sorry to resurrect an old post - but this is exactly my problem. Fault started last autumn but I just went "old school" and switched the sidelights/headlights on manually. The fault warning comes on when using the Auto light setting. Last week I mentioned it at the dealers when it was in for the annual Service and MOT. They said it was just a dirty sensor. Errr nope. Still the same. I was doubtful when I was told that, but as Im trading my Karoq in for a new one in a few months Im just going to leave it. I thought I would post, as this seems to be a fault, albeit quite rare - and not to be fobbed off with a "we cleaned the sensor..." remedy.
-
Expensive heated windscreen
Ditto. Word for word.
-
Expensive heated windscreen
Excellent. Yes I sent an email also.
-
Expensive heated windscreen
Ok, so I asked on Skoda chat and the answer was "This is a climacoat windscreen". When pressed about the windscreen having wires/filament, I was invited to send an email to customer services for a "technical explanation". So...its looking optimistic!? 🤔
-
Expensive heated windscreen
I agree with all of the above!! I ordered expecting it to be the filament screen again, but hoping for the climate. My assumption is that Skoda would "boast" about it, if it was a climate windscreen 😬
-
Build Times for new Karoq
I phoned the dealer today and my Skoda is on target for early June. It is scheduled for build week 17, (week beginning 25th April) forward from week 18. Ordered 2nd March. Incidentally it used to be Skoda Live Chat for updates, but they steer us to the dealer now.
-
The New Karoq is in production!
😂 You have hit upon my master-plan! My existing Karoq is Business Grey - that name says it all really - it blends in, looks like every other car on the car park and resists location! To me grey represents the Covid years. We need more colour!! Although my good lady says she's surprised at me - my last 5 cars have been grey, silver or black.
-
The New Karoq is in production!
Fantastic - thanks Chris! The video seems to have especially highlighted the Phoenix Orange and its useful to see the new Karoq in the flesh. Im still happy with the colour. Barry
-
Expensive heated windscreen
Yes the SE L comes with heated front seats and steering wheel. I ordered the heated windscreen and ended up with the heated rear seats that I did not want. More manufacturers are going down the "packages" route!