Skip to content

Vijay2018

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Vijay2018

  1. sadly centralpanels will no longer be selling the drivers side regluators. Do you think the Ebay one I posted a link to is any good?
  2. Hi, Wondering if anyone has any luck with Ebay front drivers window regulators? I've had the third one go in about 2 years and a little fed up with it as they seem to go just as I'm leaving the house lol. I don't use the windows that much (mostly aircon) and this one has lasted 6 month. I did a search on here and found this one which claims to be heavy duty https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160995217459?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_7559wt_1398 Cheers Vijay
  3. No idea if it's silicone or how long it takes to dry. I can't think why you wouldn't want to get it on and bolted up once you have the sealant applied anyway. I tool longer than 5 minutes to get it on and bolts tightened and it's fine
  4. I had to take mine off 2 weeks ago and when putting it back, I used Wynns black gasket maker - nice stuff to use. Haynes manual said inside of the bolts which made sense to me or surely the oil would leak out of the bolt holes? Torque settings in the Hyanes manual were 45nm for the 3 large bolts and 15nm for all the smaller bolts
  5. Have you looked on Youtube, that's how I did mine
  6. if molegrips don't work, drill a hold in the middle and use a screw extractor. A nut extractor might work too as it tightens as it turns
  7. Hi, Has anyone got any pointers/thoughts on what I can check for my crazy oil consumption? It got dramatically worse this week, using 330ml (lucozade bottle) per 60 miles :O I cannot see any leaks under the car and I would imagine it would be a blue plume in my rear screen if it was being burnt. I'm going to jetwash the engine this weekend if I get the chance and keep an eye on and under the engine bay. I may also try this stuff as I need to find out where the oil is going https://www.ringautomotive.com/en/product/RLD4 Is there anywhere else it could go apart from a exterior leak or being burnt out of the exhaust? Cheers Vijay
  8. I know it can be adjusted with the VCDS software as my mate did mine
  9. lol it's a good point though
  10. What's that about?
  11. what happens, no more cold air or compressor stops? Mine was the condenser
  12. Glad to say you're advice has been right, starter hasn't had a hiccup since removing and cleaning all contacts
  13. Be brilliant if you're right I did indeed clean up the battery terminals, main feed wire to the starter clamps and all connectors on the starter motor. Would be useful to have the information anyway if anyone can help, just in case it does go.
  14. Hi, Had an issue with my starter motor where the solenoid was engaging but the motor wasn't spinning. Took it off yesterday to clean up all contacts and get the part number off it. Back on and it's working, but I want to prepare for if it packs up............... The p/n on it is VW AG 02A 911 024 G and it has 11 teeth. Looking on Ebay and a supplier has said that when he checks the p/n it lists his as the right one, but it only has 10 teeth, so surely can't be the right one as I imagine it will grind???? Also reading on here, suggestion is to change the bushes on the original rather that buy an aftermarket one, but how do I find the right bushes for my start motor? Cheers for any help Vijay
  15. Have you tried using a UV dye to see if you can find any traces of a leak??
  16. Thanks, never considered the hinges and it mentions the aerial which I'll have to look at too. Last thing I needed is finding a leak with the winter months round the corner, but this could explain the condensation/freezing issue I have every winter.........
  17. Getting stuff out of the boot today to be met with a puddle on the cargo cover. Look at the roof lining and it was soaked on the drivers side/near the boot side window, which had obviously been dripping onto the cargo cover. The car is parked on my drive which has a slight incline towards the rear. I assume it could only be the sunroof or roof bar fixings, but are they known for issues? Cheers Vijay
  18. Hi guys, Got an issue with my 2004 Octavia. It's always needed the engine oil topping up every 2 weeks or so/about 5-600 miles of mainly motorway, which was around 150ml. Since last week, it started needed topping up more frequently, probably doing about 250 miles to 300ml engine oil. I topped it up yesterday with 300ml and the low engine light came on again today, I'd only done around 120 miles. I'm gonna get it up on stands and check for leaks on the weekend, but there are no oil marks on the drive. I can not see any plumes of smoke as I'm driving on the motorway which I'd assume I would if I was burning that much oil??? Any ideas what I can look for/check. Would a blocked EGR have anything to do with it at all as I think mine is blocked and there are signs of engine oil around it.......... Cheers Vijay
  19. Hey guys, The timing belt on my Octavia is gonna need doing soon and I wondered if anyone has done this DIY or best left to a garage? If you've done it, how difficult would you say the job is? Also, is it ok to use belts/pumps etc made by a reputable company like Gates or is that a no go? Cheers Vijay

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.