Everything posted by thebrighton
-
Blower resistor
Fan only working on setting 4 so the resistor has blown so a quick and easy thing to replace....... Why oh why have Skoda decided that such a simple thing requires half the dash removing! I've found plenty of tutorials showing the multiple panels and screws that need locating but all are for LHD models. I'm assuming everything is mirrored in a RHD car? PS, if anyone has discovered a simpler way to get to the resistor feel free to share as it looks like a 5 minute job will probably take hours. I guess that's why it's so hard so a dealership can charge you an arm and a leg to do it 😉
-
electric window switches.
They don't in either of our Citigo's
-
Keys?
We've 2 Citigo's, a 2012 and a 2016. Both came with one remote key and one normal key, just Skoda being tight!
-
Fuel gauge stuck on empty after filling up.
When both our Citigo's have full tanks (not sure when that will be possible again!) it does take a while before the needle starts dropping.
-
Dashboard illumination
The dash illumination is weird how it works. I often travel through the Blackwall Tunnel and as I enter in daylight the dash lights up but only for relatively short while, 10 seconds or so, then go off again. I'm sure I read somewhere on here Skoda do it on purpose to make you wish you'd added auto headlights as an option...... You can retrofit auto headlights and when you do the sensor goes in the bottom right corner of the windscreen but not sure if that is where it's factory fitted.
-
Any Citigo-e IV user
I get the impression Skoda wish they'd never introduced the electric version and are pretending it never happened. It didn't last long in production (400 UK units?) and there have been some very specific issues around charging that have been there since release yet remain unresolved. Are Skoda even bothering to come up with a solution as judging by peoples experience here it doesn't look like it? Why didn't their R&D department spot this before release? They probably did but ignored it as they had a deadline to produce the car and get on the electric bandwagon. If Skoda put as much effort into research as they do in to excuses and deflection........ Bottom line is if they can't solve it admit it and compensate accordingly.
-
Any Citigo-e IV user
So the standard reply you get from Skoda whatever the issue is. I've had 3 replies virtually word for word when contacting them all of which made zero difference. It's PR talk for "your enquiry has been suitably filed".
-
CITIGOe iV Ambition SE - charging at 7.2kW/hr
Ah, the standard reply from Skoda no matter what the query. I wouldn't hold your breath.
-
Navigon 1st version update
And it doesn't anymore after an update last November. It will not reload on to my phone whereas the VW and SEAT versions will. I gave up after an exchange of over 10 emails with Skoda who just liked the PID washed their hands of it.
-
Navigon 1st version update
Oh I know, Garmin haven't even bothered replying. A little over 4 years after Skoda switching from a PID to an App and already they don't give a stuff about their customers.
-
Navigon 1st version update
Skoda managed to finally reply and were s much use as a chocolate teapot! "Garmin unfortunately has no Apps that supports the update of the PID systems and has no other alternatives to this. The software updates are something that would need to be addressed to Garmin directly.There is no obligation on the seller to maintain software updates indefinitely. Whilst the above may come as a disappointment which I am very sorry about, I can only recommend that you contact Garmin directly."
-
Navigon 1st version update
With little surprise neither Skoda or Garmin have bothered to reply so I have chased them again. I would guess that users of PID's aren't high on Skoda's list of valued customers.
-
Skoda Garmin Fresh - Download Links Are Dead. How Can I Update Maps?
I've posted in a couple of places which you can find here https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/492871-navigon-1st-version-update/ and as yet I have yet to receive even an acknowledgement from either Skoda or Garmin. It appears that 5 years after switching to the Move & Fun app they've decided to no longer support the PID without any warning. Coupled with their lack of response their customer services are working as well as ever...... I should have added that I do have Garmin Fresh on a laptop but it no longer will update maps.
-
Navigon 1st version update
It looks like Garmin no longer support the PID, see my post here: I've contacted both Skoda and Garmin. I fully expect to get nowhere with Skoda customer service based on past experience so await Garmins response.
-
PID/Garmin Fresh
I coaxed the old laptop back into life to access Fresh and after a raft of clicking it would appear it is no longer supported by Garmin, understandable \I suppose but annoying!
-
PID/Garmin Fresh
As the PID/App differences have been brought up again I thought I'd plug the PID into the laptop to see if there were any updates. It's not been used much recently due to Covid and since its last use the old laptop died and has been replaced. No worries I thought I'd just install Garmin Fresh onto the new laptop but evidently that's too easy. The Garmin page is there but if you click on install now it just comes up with a message saying the page doesn't exist. Any suggestions or thoughts other than Garmin don't support it anymore? Cheers.
-
PID or Phone Mount?
Never had to pay and I don't think there is any way you can for using either the PID or App services.
-
PID or Phone Mount?
We have 2 Citigo's, a 2012 and a 2016. One has a PID and one uses a phone and the app. The PID is head and shoulders better. As it is the Move & Fun app is problematical and since an update last November stopped working and wouldn't reinstall either. Many emails were exchanged with Skoda who were next to useless and it was never sorted which is odd as the VW and SEAT version does work. I would much rather have had the PID in both cars but I guess Skoda saved money by ditching it in favour of using your own phone.
-
Move & Fun
You got my hopes up there for a moment. Uninstalled the VW version and installed the Skoda one. Not a jot of difference so put the VW one back on and all fine again. There's still something wrong with the Skoda version :(
-
Move & Fun
I get the distinct impression that it may be one app with 3 slightly different versions but they don't talk to each other. I'm passed caring now, it's not my job to tell them the obvious. And Skoda have just emailed me to complete a survey of how well their customer service did.......
-
Move & Fun
Skoda seem to be superb at passing the buck having received the following email today: Thank you for your continued patience. I have received contact back from our applications team who have advised they’ve tried multiple times on multiple devices to replicate the fault you are experiencing without luck. For this reason there is nothing more that they can do in terms of finding a resolution, they have provided a direct contact to the Move & Fun App developers and have advised you will now need to take this up with them directly. You will need to fill in the relevant information and one of the App developer technical team will be in contact to support further, here is the link: https://www.skoda-auto.com/other/mobile-apps-help-desk Again, apologies that we are unable to assist you further. Thank you for contacting ŠKODA UK Customer Services. So Skoda UK passed it on to their apps team who can't find a problem so their solution is for me to contact the App developers direct who, judging by the email address, are the Skoda apps help desk. So if they're the helpdesk who are the apps team that have been looking into it? I've got a sneaking feeling I'll just end up back with the same time wasters. Looks like I'll just have to continue using the VW app that works fine as does the SEAT one. Out of principle I should be using the Skoda one but I give up, too much time has been wasted.
-
What button to press when making a call (I've pressed 📞 button and it doesn't work)
Here is a link to the manual explaining how it works: https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1334603/Skoda-Citigo.html#page=84-manual
-
Swing/Blues radio update?
With the amount of road noise you get from a Citigo, especially over 40mph I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between an LP playing or the actual artist playing live in the back seats. If I was that worried about sound quality in a car I wouldn't have bought a budget car Budget car is the deal breaker here. It does have a decent stereo but it is a budget car. You get what you pay for so am wondering if your production equipment is top end or budget? If the stereo not being able to play WAV files is a deal breaker perhaps you bought the wrong car. To be honest I would imagine the vast majority of Citigo owners, myself included, have never even heard of WAV and many probably never even use the SD slot and just listen to the radio. As freemansteve said it's hardly a chore or time consuming converting the files to MP3. I was surprised my new phone only had a 6mp camera..... my mistake, it was a £100 Moto phone not a £1k iPhone..... Apologies if this comes across as harsh but your post reads like "I am only prepared to pay for a 3rd class seat but expect 1st class service".
-
Citigo sat nav system
Yep, the VW version works fine but that's not the point. It's the same software as the Skoda one but Skoda have somehow stuffed it up again. Why should any Skoda owner have to use a sister companies app just because Skoda can't get their act together? Skoda customer service is appalling :( It's becoming more about principal now.
-
Citigo sat nav system
Skoda UK initially who then forwarded it on to CZ for them to ignore me instead and who probably just pressed delete