Skip to content

NottsIan

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by NottsIan

  1. I Assume you've unhooked the blind from the tailgate and it's retracted into the blind holder. It's a while since I had my SEL with the blind , but IIRC there's spring loaded latches at each end of the holder which you operate to release the holder completely
  2. Yes, 55 is about the best I can get out of my 1.5 DSG on a run down to Devon. Mostly motorway cruising at 70mph.
  3. The only time I've seen the 2-cylinder icon/text is when I have a display format which shows fuel consumption
  4. No, AFAIK ACT works in both Eco & Normal, although its more difficult to know, as the 2-cylinder mode icon is less visible. Its DSG coasting that only works in Eco.
  5. My 2024 SEL will only coast when in Eco mode, whereas the previous 2021 would coast in Normal & Eco. I assume the later Sportline is similar...
  6. Are there any speed limit signs on side roads that it might be 'spotting' ? On one of my regular trips , I pass by an army barracks and on one of the internal roads there's a 20 speed limit. My car 'spots' this and thinks I'm in a 20 limit!!
  7. @sparky103 is there a 'convenience windows' setting in the Infotainment menus. If so try unchecking it and then checking it again.
  8. I regularly used to leave my cars for 6 weeks when I went to warmer climes for my 'winter break' ! I only ever had a problem with one, a Seat Exeo which was 3 yrs old and I'm sure the battery was on its way out. That one didn't even have enough juice to activate the central locking, I had to use the emergency key!. All the others have started on the button...
  9. never had a Skoda before so it's all new to me. I have had a Skoda before, it was even a Karoq, and its still new to me! I've also spent my life working in IT and still find it difficult to find my way round this system! My main gripe from the previous 2021 Karoq to this 2024 model is that the 'nudge' on the steering no longer restarts the engine when the 'start/stop' has engaged. Previously you could nudge the steering when traffic lights start to change and then engine was running ready to move when green!. Now you either have to wait for the delay when you press the throttle (its a DSG btw) or use the stop/start button. In effect I now mostly disable start/stop to avoid the situation...
  10. (Looking at this spec for heated seats, front and rear sensors) The SEL spec has all those as well. It doesnt have the sunroof and electric tailgate though. It does have (almost!) 'real' tyres 18" and 50 profile, rather than the 'rubber bands' on the sportline
  11. @survey yes , you're right that option isn't there on mine either. What you can do though is to configure the Virtual cockpit displays from the Vehicle settings->Instrument cluster menu. You can (apparently) select Route guidance (default is fuel cons) for the LH centre of the two dial display. What exactly that does I'm not sure yet but we'll see...
  12. @survey sorry that link didnt help. I've got a late 2024 so will check on mine when I get chance. TBH I don't use the built-in NAV so have never needed to display guidance info, I use Waze via Android auto and on a journey when using navigation, tend to switch the VC to the sport (single dial) display.
  13. This thread https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/512237-virtual-cockpit-route-guidance/ should help
  14. I have to agree with @Rory here, the terms Withdraw and Settle are clearly defined in the CCA. When you Withdraw within the 14 day period you have to repay the amount of credit and any interest accrued and the vehicle becomes yours. As to Settling, it is not possible to generate a Settlement figure online in the first 14 days! I know I tried! but you can call VWFS and request withdrawing. I recently bought a new Karoq on PCP to get the £3000 finance deposit contribution with the intention of clearing the finance ASAP. Whilst I appreciate the anecdotal evidence that withdrawing doesnt lose any incentives TBH I wasnt willing to risk losing £3000! . In the end I got a settlement figure on day 15 and paid it off at the end of the 28 day notice period. Taking everything into account including interest earned on the money in my account for 28 days, I estimate it cost me around £130 more than withdrawing but there was no risk of losing the £3k!
  15. According to this thread https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/476048-adblue-remaining-range/#findComment-5473154 it is there in the Driving data. You just need to scroll to find it...
  16. @boraman Update: the bits on the right fit between the headrest uprights to provide a mount for the tablet holder to plug into. Apparently I left those fitted to the headrests and just unplugged the holders!.
  17. Standard I assume. Mine was a stock vehicle and AFAIK standard SEL spec Ah! The bits on the right are also part of the fitment https://shop.wingsskoda.co.uk/products/skoda-smart-holder-multimedia-holder#gallery-3 I wonder what I did with those ???
  18. The ones on the left are tablet holders for the rear seats.. They clip to the headrests of the front seats. Mine were fitted when I got the car , i removed them
  19. but what happens if this card fails as they are prone to do. You buy a replacement as I said above
  20. How do I work around the 'hidden micro-chip' Skoda says is installed on the factory card. You buy a genuine card from the likes of https://www.satnavishop.co.uk/skoda-37-c.asp BTW its not a hidden chip, they (Skoda/VAG) program the CID details onto genuine cards ( see here https://www.getflashmemory.info/read-psn-from-sd-media/ for explanation of CID ) It used to be possible to write the CID information with some cards and writers
  21. Have a look at OBDEleven https://obdeleven.com/products?carBrand=Skoda there's a one-click app https://obdeleven.com/supported-vehicles?Skoda/Karoq/2018-2021/increased-engine-responsiveness
  22. I thought a diesel pump nozzle was too large to fit a petrol filler ?
  23. As regards the 'only one key' , a recent thread https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/512721-karoq-replacement-key-options/#comment-5914815 said Hello, I recently bought a Karoq with only one key . Would like a second . Dealer is quoting £393 .
  24. This 2020 SE Tech brochure https://www.skoda.co.uk/_doc/e4c77764-daef-4900-a8ad-86a6cbbb4c8a probably has the correct spec for a 21 plate. If it is, then Keyless entry & Start was an option
  25. Anyone know if there's any way to find out which vehicles need the update ? I guess its not a true 'safety recall' ( Although maybe it should be! ), just a 'service campaign' so it wont show on the VOSA site

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.