Everything posted by NottsIan
-
Skoda karoq, растёт уровень масла в двигатели.
Raised oil level can also be caused by seal failure on the high pressure fuel pump allowing fuel into the sump
-
Seat help - new car and seats murder my back
I assume you've tried adjusting the lumbar support ?
-
LED Front Fog lights
Really ? that's a new one on me. I knew most of those , except for fire extinguisher, were a requirement in the EU but didn't think it applied to the UK. Agreed on the stupidity of the bulb requirement when you can't change them. One of my previous cars , an Audi, the manual section on bulb changing had just one sentence ' take to your Audi dealer' ! and that was when it still had real bulbs...
-
LED Front Fog lights
The UK MOT inspection manual https://www.gov.uk/guidance/mot-inspection-manual-for-private-passenger-and-light-commercial-vehicles/4-lamps-reflectors-and-electrical-equipment#section-4-5-4 does not say that conversion of Fog lamps to LED is illegal. The section on headlamps specifically states that conversion of these to LED will result in a failure but the Fog lamp section has no such restriction.
-
Opening kessy key fob
The method described in the handbook is hopeless! Try reading this thread the pictures show exactly what you are trying to do to open the fob
-
Electric Tailgate button not working - emits five chirrups
Common problem is wires breaking, have a look at this thread
-
Coasting - what do people think ?
and your'e right @logiclee my new 2024 1.5TSi only coasts in ECO.
-
HELP - Karoq at slow speeds
@Clare1980 there have been some reports on here of recent 1.5 Karoqs stalling when the revs drop below around 700rpm, such as might be reached if slowing down to stop in a high gear. However, reports are only related to the latest 1.5 Evo2 engine and not to earlier 1.5 or 1.0. As others have said, with the gearbox issues and the stalling, take it straight back to the dealer!
-
Extortionate fees at Skoda dealership
This would seem to suggest an update from 0863 is available
-
To fold or not to fold - that is the question
I tend to disable the folding when freezing temperatures are expected.
-
Noise from both LHS (? top mount area) and steering motor
Well, yes the mild hybrid can obviously provide additional power. Looking at the specs though, the maximum power and torque of the hybrid and non-hybrid engines are the same. What may well be the case is that the hybrid provides additional power lower down the rev range, so in effect you get more torque at lower rpm. Without seeing the torque curves for both hybrid and non-hybrid, its difficult to say but that could certainly be why it feels 'snappier'.
-
Noise from both LHS (? top mount area) and steering motor
from what I can see , the 1.5 mild hybrid (E-tec) has exactly the same power and torque figures as the normal 1.5. Maybe the torque curve is different but I suspect not, the mild hybrid is probably purely there to improve fuel efficiency. https://motorway.co.uk/sell-my-car/guides/mild-hybrid-cars
-
Noise from both LHS (? top mount area) and steering motor
In what respect are you undecided ? I changed to my first DSG about 3 yrs ago, mainly due to getting old and a slightly painful left knee! I don't think I'd want to go back to manual now, the DSG is so much more relaxing to drive. There are a couple of situations in my normal drive where I tend to drop into manual, to either prevent an upshift too early or too many downshifts when braking going downhill. My previous 2021 Karoq didnt have flappy paddles but switching to sport mode and back using the shifter handled most situations. The current one has paddles and are perhaps a slight benefit.
-
Roadside Assistance - used car.
No documentation other than the manual but the brochure and pricelist clearly outlines the 3yr roadside assistance I certainly got a notification for the old car when the roadside assistance was about to expire at 3 yrs from it's reg date
-
Roadside Assistance - used car.
All new Skodas come with 3yrs roadside assist. My previous 2021 car was a pre- reg and came with the balance of roadside assist from the registration date.
-
Lane Assist & Traffic Sign Recognition
I'd agree with that, mine was built around August I believe and does have both TSR and Lane Assist you would definitely know if you had them! The TSR chimes in as soon as you go around 10% over the limit! and sometimes misreads signs so it complains when you're within the limit!. By default the lane assist will vibrate the steering wheel which I found disturbing and so managed to disable that. It still activates automatically on each start and will 'tug' the steering if you change lanes without indicating which is fine. What I do find annoying is when joining a dual carriageway, it operates as you cross the dotted line to enter the carriageway unless you indicate!
-
Disable wireless charger?
Where is that please ? I couldn't find one in my Karoq that's got a wirless charger as standard
-
Karoq Edition
@mistac As far as I can see, in the brochure you linked to, the Performance package still shows as a £1060 option on the Sportline Edition ? The Skoda website seemsto show different specs to the brochure/pricelist it links to!! For instance the SE L now has an Electric boot and Columbus Nav. I picked up a new SE L last week, it was built around late Aug I think? was in Emden mid Sept when I ordered it. It doesnt have the Edition spec...
-
Just picked up new SEL DSG - some minor unexpected differences to MY2021
@Viffer800 Thanks. I managed without replacing the rear one on the previous car. We'll see how this one goes...
-
Just picked up new SEL DSG - some minor unexpected differences to MY2021
Sounds like I'm replacing wiper blades tomorrow then😀 It's a bit grey and 'orrible out there at the moment...
-
Just picked up new SEL DSG - some minor unexpected differences to MY2021
@logicleeThanks for that information. So what pressure do you run with ? @OotohereSo there is a dipstick, and what's more the oil level is correct! Coolant and brake fluid levels also correct. There's no engine cover on this one though. ISTR they were removed a year or so ago. Checked tyre pressures again now properly cold and all spot on 2.5😀 Now just need to see if by any chance Skoda have started to use decent wiper blades ? Failing that I'll replace them with the Bosch ones I retrieved before the old car went back
-
Just picked up new SEL DSG - some minor unexpected differences to MY2021
The 2.5 bar is for light load , same as the 2.1 was on the previous car. The manual still shows a dipstick, but yes, checking oil , coolant and brake fluid was on my list for tomorrow.
-
Just picked up new SEL DSG - some minor unexpected differences to MY2021
There's certainly a speed limit warning active by default. I didn't find it too obtrusive though and it's not connected to the speed limiter. You mean as in oil ? Not opened the bonnet yet , will check tomorrow. How are you meant to check oil with no dip stick ? Yes, checked the tyre pressures and reset the TPMS. Slightly confused by the fact that the information plate quoted 2.5 bar whereas the old one was only 2.1 on same size tyres!
-
Just picked up new SEL DSG - some minor unexpected differences to MY2021
Certainly have got flappy paddles now, although never really missed them anyway! As for lane assist, well at least I managed to work out how to disable it on the drive down the M1 from Doncaster. Not tried the heated wheel yet. The traffic sign recogition seems good though. I was expecting all those things though, it was the unexpected things I wondered if anyone else had noticed.
-
Just picked up new SEL DSG - some minor unexpected differences to MY2021
As title, just collected new 1.5 SEL DSG Along with all the expected differences e.g virtual cockpit, no varioflex seats, noticed some unexpected ones... 1) nudging the steering wheel no longer restarts when start/stop activated 2) gear indicator only shows D i.e no actual gear indication ( seem to remember seeing something about this ? ) 3) steering weight slightly heavier in normal mode ( although I actually prefer it )