Skip to content

NottsIan

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by NottsIan

  1. The speed limiter can be set permanently to warn only , that's how I've got mine. Lane keeping automatically comes on at each start. I don't have ACC on mine so that's not a problem. Likewise, I've been in software development for most of my working life!
  2. TBH I haven't found the 'aids' too intrusive. The speed alert gives up after 3 or 4 chimes and its not that loud. The only time I find the lane keeping a pain is joining a dual carriageway or motorway. I wouldnt normally indicate if there's no traffic approaching but if you don't, then it will try and 'tug' the steering to stop you joining the carriageway. It doesnt take much to override it though...
  3. NottsIan replied to paco's topic in Skoda Karoq
    I had a similar experience with my original dealer. When I was thinking of changing, I emailed him to ask what new or pre-reg he had in stock. I go no reply, thought maybe he's not ther anymore, so after a few days went to their website and requested a sales callback. Still got no reply, that was when I went to Autotrader, found something I was interested in, requested a call, and within 30 mins salesman called back. It seems some dealers just can't be bothered! Interestingly, about a month later I got a email from the original salesman asking if I was considering changing !! Replied back to tell him I had emailed him a month ago and that the 'ship had sailed' now. Still haven't got any reply to that...
  4. NottsIan replied to paco's topic in Skoda Karoq
    Probably not, but was it worth the hassle!. WBAC would have almost certainly found something to reduce the price on inspection. Then I'd have had to arrange to get to the dealer which was 50 miles away to collect the new car. They also got their service dept to transfer my space saver spare and fittings to the new car ( yes I know its not that difficult! ) Looking at the price the dealer had my old car up for, by the time they'd paid for a warranty and some discount, they weren't making much profit
  5. NottsIan replied to paco's topic in Skoda Karoq
    put your reg into WBAC to get a value for yours then Have a search on Autotrader for new Karoqs in stock https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-search?advertising-location=at_cars&make=Skoda&model=Karoq&postcode=NG92fj&sort=price-asc&year-from=new Just check the specs in detail though, there are still some pre-edition vehicles out there I changed my Oct 2021 Karoq back in Oct last year, got around 6.5k off the list price of a new 1.5 SEL DSG and a PX offer which matched the WBAC price. I did have to take PCP finance to get the deposit contribution. Think it cost me around £10k in total to change.
  6. I thought that maybe they might have improved the wipers when I got my new Karoq in October ? . Wrong! they were just as bad as before, in fact I think they were worse!. Fortunately I had taken the precaution of putting back the Skoda originals on my old car before it went back!. So the 3yr old Bosch ones are now back on the new car! . In fact I had managed to tolerate the rear wiper on the old car but had to get a Bosch replacement for the new one!
  7. I'm fairly sure that's what my previous Karoq did. It went off twice in the 3 yrs I had it, both times on a motorway after about 30 mins. I always carry a tyre pressure gauge, so both times I stopped at the next services and checked all the pressures. They were all the same and correct, allowing for some warming up. A TPMS reset and everything ok again.
  8. That doesnt sound right, my previous vehicle was a MY21 Karoq and I'm sure I remember the TPMS warning coming up a couple of times and the message identifying which tyre (it thought!) was at fault. In fact both cases were false alarms...
  9. I must admit I was a bit surprised that my current ( and previous ) Karoq didn't have the TPMS-Direct system ( with pressure sensors ). I thought it was a requirement since my previous two cars ( both Fords ) had it. Turns out (I believe) that vehicles must only have a TPMS system that capable of identifying which tyre is faulty, which the TPMS-Indirect (ABS sensor based) can do. I think a TPMS-Direct system is available as an option on the Karoq in the EU
  10. It doesnt need to be anything that drastic. All it needs is the ability to set the target SOC to say 90% instead of 80% for vehicles doing low mileages. It could either be the ECU doing it automatically or the user being able to set it from the vehicle settings menu.
  11. If you really want to buy a Smart battery charger , these https://www.amazon.co.uk/Maypole-7423A-Battery-Charger-Electronic/dp/B009A83P1E get good reviews and are UK manufactured. What annoys me is it shouldn't be necessary, even with all the electrical requirements on modern vehicles (and don't forget LED lights take far less than the old ones), the alternator would be perfectly capable of keeping the battery charged (even on short journeys!) if it wasnt 'throttled' by the BMS system to reduce load on the engine in the cause of 'fiddling' manufacturers consumption figures ! The miniscule saving that the customer may make will be obliterated by the cost of a charger and leccy to run it.
  12. Pretty sure the Karoq ( like most VAG vehicles , I think! ) uses the ABS wheel sensors to detect a difference in wheel rotation speeds. That means it can tell you which tyre is low on pressure but not what the pressures are.
  13. We all hear the same thing! it's just the dealers trying to make money. To improve the wltp figures by a gnats, the BMS targets around an 80% state of charge and then reduces to trickle charge. Only when you do a long journey does the battery ever get to full charge. It's normal, all manufacturers do it. If the battery really is low then keyless entry gets disabled on the passenger side and start stop gets disabled.
  14. Mine just shows the first page and the last (service details) page , no specification pages
  15. Just looked at the certificate for mine and it definitely says SEL. One other thing though, my cert is only 2 pages ?
  16. The Edition version has the Columbus , the standard SEL ( like mine ) has the Admunsen . I'm not sure there's much difference other than a slightly larger screen. I use Waze on mine via wireless Android Auto ( the built in satnav is awful ) and I find it perfectly adequate.
  17. I would guess it was one of the last pre-edition models. AFAIK the edition models started being built araound Oct 24. My SEL was built in Aug and is certainly pre-edition so doesnt have electric tailgate or ACC. Not sure I'd want elec tailgate anyway seeing some of the problems reported on here with wires breaking!
  18. @StoofaYou can find archives of brochures here https://autocatalogarchive.com/skoda/ they will give a better idea of specs for older years
  19. Yes , you have to put the EPB. into service mode. Something like Carista or Obdeleven will do it
  20. NottsIan replied to IDG's topic in Skoda Karoq
    You can download the 2024 Karoq brochure from here https://www.autocatalogarchive.com/skoda/ That SHOULD be fairly accurate as its the pre-edition brochure edit: scratch that, it IS the edition brochure. Maybe try the 2023 brochure
  21. Are you expecting it to go off immediately you go to drive ? Both my previous MY2021 and the current MY2025 do stay on until you're moving forward
  22. I think you will find that the 3rd key option at £40 is only available when ordering a new vehicle
  23. It's the engine codes but I don't know exactly what they are. The evo2 was introduced on some VW models in 2022 and the Karoq in 2023 I think ? I believe the evo2 doesn't have a plastic engine cover but don't quote me on that...
  24. I recently replaced a 2021 Evo 1.5 dsg Karoq with a 2024 1.5 dsg evo2 . The new one does seem slightly smoother and quieter. It's only done 900 miles so far but on a long run it seemed a little better on fuel as well
  25. It seems like the two free MOTs MAY only be applicable wit a PCP deal https://www.skoda.co.uk/finance/deals/used-car-pcp-deal

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.