Everything posted by NottsIan
-
Removable items to check
Is there a torch any more ? Don't think my 2021 had one ? Also check for tyre inflator (compressor) and emergency repair(!!) kit
-
Extended warranty
I dont think DSG services are included . From the T & C's
-
Driving mode
In what respect are they different ? Selecting Sport mode either by the Drive mode switch or shifting the DSG to Sport seems to do the same on mine, it sharpens throttle response, increases steering weight and increases the DSG gear shift rpm points. Eco mode on the mode switch seems to do the opposite...
-
2021 1.5 TSI SEL or Facelifted 2023 SE ACT
The SE L will also have a reversing camera, not sure id like to reverse mine without it...
-
Key fob battery
I'm not sure it makes a lot of difference. Yes, they may shut down transmission but there's now a motion detection circuit which is live all the time! Certainly both my 2021 Kessy fobs (with CR2032s) needed batteries changing just before 2 yrs.
-
Karoq dsg transmission trouble?
I dont have paddles on mine (they didnt fit them for a while around 2021) AFAIK The left paddle drops down a gear each time its operated, the right changes up. You can also select manual mode by moving the gear shifter to the left. Whatever is happening the drivers information display should tell you the mode and gear in the top right. In manual it will show M followed by the selected gear, in normal it will show D and the gear and in Sport S and gear. So if its kicking down you should see the display change to show the new gear selected. If it doesnt kickdown but simply revs, then it could be clutch slip,,,
-
What does this update contain?
There are some posts on the end of this thread that suggest it improves the relaiability of wireless android auto connections at least...
-
Replacing Karoq electric tailgate strut with gas strut
There's a thread here https://www.karoqforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=958 showing a possible cause of electric strut failure involving broken wires
- 1.5TSI Slave Cylinder/Clutch Issue
-
Digital Service and Warranty Info
I'm pretty sure you can buy a temporary subscription to the erWin system and download the relevant information. Have a read through this thread for useful info
-
Retractable parcel shelf
If the weather isnt too bad tomorrow I might go out and see if I can get some better pictures of what the inserts and fasteners on the cover look like. Might give you an idea on how to help the other Ian with a possible repair
-
Retractable parcel shelf
You are correct, it is just a retractable cover. It has reasonably strong springs, its not something you just unhook and let go, It would retract with some speed! You have to handg on and let it retract slowly. Its not designed to take any weight but if something was accidentally placed on it, the fabric is reasonably strong and so would probably put quite a strain on the retaining clips.
-
Retractable parcel shelf
I'm only guessing to some extent, I can't see behind the panel to see exactly how the insert is held. Having said that there does seem to be slight movement on the insert, hence my guess that its not securely help by clips , rather it just sits against a flange. As you say, ideally we someone with EKTA access...
-
Retractable parcel shelf
Looking at mine in the car, I think there's a flange on the insert which sits against the inside of the boot panel. That prevents it from coming out forwards and so takes the force of the retractable blind. It doesnt seem to be secured in any other way. My guess is that with the panel in place it can't be pushed out (of the panel) from the outside , since it will be prevented by the boot door metal. Once the panel has been removed, I suspect the insert can simply be pushed out of the panel, a new one inserted and the panel replaced on the boot lid.
-
Retractable parcel shelf
Ok, Ive just been out to look at mine and it does seem that the clip is a separate insert in the boot panel. I suspect you'd have to detach the panel and then the clip probably pushes out from the front. It will be obvious once the panel is detached. Whether the clips are available as a replacement part ? that's another question. and then of course, its how do you detach the panel ?
-
Retractable parcel shelf
Ah! sorry didn't appreciate that. I'd go out and have a look at mine but its raining at the moment... If the weather's decent tomorrow (and I remember!) I'll go out and have a look...
-
Retractable parcel shelf
Yes, I guess its been forced. I've had my Karoq for a couple of years now, and the first time I needed to remove the boot cover was about 3 months ago. At first I couldn't quite work out how to detach the clips, so I referred to the manual. It was easy once I saw exactly how to do it, but I suspect it would have been easy to try and force the clip the wrong way. I suspect someone has done that to yours. Its probably a complete new boot cover... Official parts here https://www.skoda-parts.com/spare-part/57a867871a9b9-boot-blind-skoda-36775.html There appears to be a couple on ebay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/355381054670?chn=ps&_ul=GB&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=710-134428-41853-0&mkcid=2&mkscid=101&itemid=355381054670&targetid=1814673647222&device=c&mktype=pla&googleloc=9046412&poi=&campaignid=19089547614&mkgroupid=142438599285&rlsatarget=pla-1814673647222&abcId=9303859&merchantid=101456720&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI9ZqDxvCWhAMVZwYGAB3JjgMLEAQYAiABEgKHzvD_BwE https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/305364198984?chn=ps&_ul=GB&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=710-134428-41853-0&mkcid=2&mkscid=101&itemid=305364198984&targetid=1814673647462&device=c&mktype=pla&googleloc=9046412&poi=&campaignid=19089547614&mkgroupid=142438599285&rlsatarget=pla-1814673647462&abcId=9303859&merchantid=6995734&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI9ZqDxvCWhAMVZwYGAB3JjgMLEAQYAyABEgK24_D_BwE
-
The Camera Parking System Is Currently Unavailable
On mine too. Deselecting and reselecting reverse sorted it out...
-
New Karoq owner- working way through manual! - queries
Google maps also shows speed limits. I use it via Wireless Android Auto. Much better than the built-in satnav...
-
Cruise Control and ACC in cold weather
ACC doesnt use the windscreen sensor. There's a radar sensor in the front grille. I suspect a covering of frost was affecting the sensor, once the frost had thawed it was OK again
-
Driving mode
You could well be right!. Whenever I use Sport mode, I'd never really use light throttle, so would never see an Eco iconπ
-
Driving mode
@JohnArm as @Routemaster1461 said above, the ECO icon shows when the ECU has switched to 2-Cylinder mode. The throttle does not need to be closed, it can be light throttle on level or downhill i.e light load. Coasting (with a DSG) is completely different, when you close the throttle, the DSG will sometimes disengage the clutches and the revs will drop to idle, the vehicle is then 'coasting' with no drive or engine braking. Touching the throttle or brake will immediately engage the clutches.
-
Driving mode
The Driving modes change throttle response, steering weight and (if DSG) the gearchange points Compared to Normal mode :- Sport mode sharpens throttle response, increases steering weight and holds lower gears for longer. Eco mode (never used it!) softens throttle response , dont think it changes steering weight from normal but changes up gears earlier. Sport mode, I believe, also disables 2-cylinder mode and coasting mode(on DSG). On earlier vehicles coasting was only enabled in ECO mode, but later ones have it enabled in Normal as well .
-
A warning to buyers - used values have returned to normal.
The other issue with PCH (Personal Contract Hire) is that you don't own the vehicle or have the V5C. So if you want to take it out of the UK then you need a Vehicle-on-Hire certificate VE103B I've never had a personal vehicle on contract hire but I've had company cars on it, and had to request a VE103B. It's not difficult and IIRC it lasts for a year but it's something to be aware of if you were thinking , I'll just pop over to France for a few days. Get stopped by the gendarmarie without it and you could be in deep do-do's
-
internet radio
BBC radio online is available worldwide , with some exceptions for specific broadcasts e.g some sports commentaries https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/help/questions/listening-outside-the-uk/listen-outside-uk Its TV via IPlayer that requires a UK IP address I used to spend a few weeks in Portugal during the winter and listened extensively to BBC Radio via a local internet connection. TV via IPlayer, on the other hand, was a no go without a VPN connection