Skip to content

Crucian

FREEDOM
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Crucian

  1. @sepulchrave Thank you
  2. @toot Yes that's the part, but how do I check / change it ?
  3. 2014 1.4TSI fabia CTHE Anyone know if the supercharger uses a unique oil ? I see it listed on Skodaparts.com (G07 000 0A1) but can't see any means to check, change or top up ?
  4. I took off my rear bumper today to remove, clean and seal the boot vent flaps as I had water in the wheel well after torrential rain This thread helped identify the issue thanks
  5. @uniteunion We opted for genuine springs from VAG as they were stocked locally part No. 6Q0 411 105 AE three green two brown dots
  6. Credit where credit is due The guys from my repairers swapped their workload around to fit the repairs in Today (tues) fantastic service, cost and turnaround Recovered to them Mon. pm, completed Tues 16:00 New front springs and shocks, replaced lower arms and drop links (I had planned for back end of the year) while they were on. so BIG shout out to HR Automotive Co. Durham
  7. I have opted for Genuine VAG springs and while were on fitting Sachs Shocks and new upper mounts
  8. @sepulchrave As economical as possible but £600 as a starting point
  9. Thanks @sepulchrave I don't track day or "boy/ Girl / LBTGQ !! race but do appreciate good handling. I'll need to track (Pardon the pun) down appropriate part numbers prices and vendors
  10. 2014 RS 1.4 CTHE The d/s front coil spring has snapped on my car and I'm looking at cost effective ways to replace (Obviously I'll carry out the work on both sides), what options do I have ? Can I purchase complete struts (with springs) or is it individual component ?, recommendations as to where from if possible. I currently use Skoda parts.com, LLL Parts and Eurocarparts Any assistance welcomed
  11. Hmmmm, I recently (2 weeks) noticed a low rev rattle on the engine, we decided to investigate further yesterday and found that on the clutch plate for the supercharger compressor the rivets were loose allowing vertical movement circa 6mm This in turn had allowed metal to metal contact hence the rattle, changed pump, tensioner and belt, Alternator belt and both Tensioners now all good, car has covered 89900 miles You can also see it was time to change the clutch (worn and cracked) Hope this helps others
  12. Diagrams would be useful ?? Also, how do I swap a BCM ? I assume I'll extract the vehicle long coding with VCDS and reprogram the replacement (used) with the appropriate long code. Anyone have a guide to do this ? Looked on Rosstech site but the help section "isn't"
  13. @Breezy_Pete Thanks I have checked the wiring and have fitted a new door wiring harness (D/S) previously (4 months) and it didn't cure the issue, when I replace fuse for the heated mirrors they work correctly but the alarm indicating LED in the D/S Door is constantly on regardless of alarm / lock state, I'm starting to think its the BCM or some crossed wire / ground hence the request for wiring / pin out details, its a strange one I've also tested the P/S door harness, connectors and both door secondary harnesses etc to no avail
  14. Anyone have these available for 2014 Fabia (BCM PQ25 very common) ? I'm starting to track down the fault in my heated mirror circuit and these will be very useful Any assistance appreciated
  15. Anyone have one lying about they want shot of ?
  16. Inlet and outlet hose sizes & positioning ? height and thickness of cooler, mounting points surely they can't be the same as a bespoke unit ? Thanks for the comment.
  17. Mulling this over as I'm about to replace my exhaust with a Tony banks system
  18. As title, the exhaust on my 2014 1.4 rs is getting a little "crusty" (backbox) and direct replacement is over £300 😕 What are my options for replacement ??, I'd like to retain the black tips Anyone have first hand experience with this ?
  19. Crucian replied to jorg's topic in Reviews
    +1 positive for Kopacek, been dealing with them for over a year with no issues
  20. @UrbanPanzer Once again many thanks for the information 👍
  21. Also, the rear cover for the charger should there be screws / fixings in these holes, all the clips are clipped in correctly but mysterious holes ?? Any assistance gratefully welcomed I will also be on the lookout for a replacement exhaust shortly Always things to do to keep them running 😕, at least MOT passed with no advisories today as well as full engine service carried out 🙂

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.