Skip to content

Crucian

FREEDOM
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Crucian

  1. The time will come when I'll need to replace my 2014 1.4 VRS Fabia, what is the thinking of the forums combined wisdom ? Any brand, any model £10-12K Must be plenty of fun Simple as that
  2. Well, I used to wash my cars each week, (three bucket method, dried and waxed / protected) but now as old age catches upon me it becoming too much, what do other oldies do to maintain cosmetics ? No touch, pay someone (not an option here), live with the grime ?? I do posses the equipment but find its turning into an all day job !!! that takes 3 to recuperate (good exercise though 🤥)
  3. Hmm, 2014 1.4 vrs CTHE, 98000 ish miles Returning from shopping this morning, went to overtake on a hill (dual carriageway) felt a slight stutter, backed off and continued, 1/2 mile further on heavy misfire felt and dropped to 3 cylinder, limped home (3 miles) on back roads and got the diagnostics going Code "4057 - cyl 2 Misfire detected" stored, I have experienced a coil failure previously and have a spare set to hand so pulled coil and plug (plug fine) installed replacement coil and all's well again, in light of this I think it pays to change coils (and plugs) on a regular basis (every 2 years) Someone may find this useful Shout out to my coil removal tool (VW T10094A) makes the job a lot easier
  4. Thanks @Breezy_Pete is that were it deposits the condensate under the vehicle ??
  5. As title I have a 2014 mk2 RS and want to check my air con drain tube is clear of buildup or debris (after a steamy event today for no apparent reason) All engine coolant level and hoses ok Any assistance welcomed
  6. Hi and welcome
  7. Hi and welcome
  8. The additive I use has a thin extended neck that fits in and opens the gizmo
  9. I had a nuisance groan / squeak that took 2 years to track down on my Fabia, turned out to front ARB bushes, new fitted and it's bliss. must be a common fault (I view it as a design / manufacturing issue)
  10. Took probably 2 hours in total today, most time consuming was getting wire through heated rear screen grommet and rubber conduit into headliner, snapped a clip on high level brake light cover so replacement ordered
  11. @Ootohere I'll give this a try and report back. thanks
  12. Hello all, When in sport mode and taking of from standstill / slow speed the engine "cuts" for 0.5 of a second ish, exhibits in the colder weather. any ideas what it could be ? doesn't happen when in normal drive and accelerating hard ??? Boost shows just over 1 bar 2014 1.4 vrs CTHE
  13. I'd be interested in a solution to this as well
  14. Driving yesterday evening I noticed my lock/unlock s/w (in front of the gearshift lever) was not illuminated as the rest of the switches are, is it supposed to be ?
  15. Have you tried a new battery in the key fob ?
  16. I was experiencing an occasional (once out of 20 ish) "non function" of the wash wipe (when you pull the wiper stalk towards you), I determined 1, The fluid reservoir had fluid in 2, The washer nozzles weren't blocked 3, The pump was fully operational, this lead me to the conclusion it was Stalk related. Removed the airbag and steering wheel, removed the combination wiper / indicator stalk and fitted a second hand unit This has cured the issue, on disassembly of the switch unit I cant find where the pull to wash switch is in the innards ? But I don't think I'll pursue any further as its working now (I was going to clean (said switch contacts))
  17. Hi.

    Crucian replied to bocco82's topic in Hellos and Goodbyes
    Hello and welcome, loads of knowledge on this forum
  18. I can't seem to identify the location of said recic valve Fabia 2014 1.4 RS cthe As ever any assistance welcomed
  19. After a long drawn out diagnostic period (4 months) I have finally cured the slow speed front groan when turning the steering wheel, it wasn't the front springs or shocks, nor the rear springs or shocks, nor was it drop links or track rod ends etc. it turned out to be the front Anti Roll Bar bushes 🙂

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.