Everything posted by Crucian
-
Renewing engine coolant
Hmmm, Had undertray off today, no sign of a radiator drain and lower hose is all but inaccessible, replaced the expansion tank but will be taking the Scabia to my indi to drain flush and renew. violet/red antifreeze and distilled water.
-
Renewing engine coolant
2014 cthe 1.4 VRS is there a drain tap on the bottom of the radiator ? if not what is the best way to drain the cooling system as I want to renew the coolant (G12) before winter. I'm taking the opportunity to fit a new coolant expansion tank at the same time As ever, any assistance welcomed
-
SJx logging in
Welcome to you and Jerry 🙂
- Fabia Mk3 1.2 TSi 110 - splutter & shake on start
-
drivers seat belt wont pull out fully
Same here on the fabia. I don't believe lubricant will help I think its the close tolerance in the locking mechanism being reduced by thermal expansion. I managed to very slowly tease the belt out.
-
Yeti's rear wiper activating and staying on while trunk is open
Sounds like a wiring fault (a wire is grounding out when you lift the tailgate) as it is the grounds that are "switched" by the BCU. I wouldn't know where to start looking as I haven't seen a Yeti in person, but would hazard a guess that it's somewhere in or near the rubber grommet / tube (where the wires, wash wipe tube passes through) I'm sure more enlightened forum members will be along shortly to offer assistance 🙂
-
Longevity
11 year old 1.4 cthe getting through the miles, Oil service every 6 months How are other vehicles progressing ?
-
Hello One and all
Hello welcome to the forums
-
Front brake mud shield quandary
@UrbanPanzer Thanks
-
Is there an option (via a scan tool) to open/close front windows with ignition turned off
Usually if you keep the unlock button on the fob pressed the windows will open (if you have convenience windows enabled) You vehicle may be a bit long in the tooth
- Hello from a new member
-
Front brake mud shield quandary
Don't suppose you have a record of the part numbers ?
-
Front brake mud shield quandary
Hmm, changing the mud shields on my brakes (2014 CTHE 1.4 VRS fabia) rears fit no problem, fronts however were supplied too small (twice, cross referenced vin and ordered from Skoda) disks are 288mm diameter (STD VRS ones) and I'm unable to source the correct mud shields. These are the part numbers that match (but don't) my VIN Has anyone been through this minefield previously and ascertained the correct part numbers ? As ever any assistance greatly welcomed
-
Hello from Luxembourg
Hello and welcome
-
Valet pro "black to the future"
Yes, Similar positive results and seems to last well. Tyres come up very well after a wash and application
-
Fabia 2 Air Conditioning
Possibly should have checked your spelling !!!
-
Valet pro "black to the future"
@chills I'm well impressed with both it's longevity and finish now use it on the Golf as well, I buff it off after a few minutes that leaves a satin finish
-
2011 VRS, no power. very slow
Check intake hoses (to from charge cooler) I've had one come loose and it presents those symptoms
-
Hello everyone...
🙂 Welcome to the forums
-
Cyl 2 misfire
Looked into this today on the motor, seems that there was a tracking issue (may even be cracked) with the plug, Genuine VAG plug been fitted for 7 months, may need to alter my maint schedule to change on a 6 monthly basis
-
Newbie to BRISKODA
Hello and welcome
-
Removing an unknown stain from Tulip Black paintwork. HELP!
Looks like bird poo etching, will require some sort of polish to take the clear coat down to the lowest point and buffed then protected with ceramic coat or similar
-
Valet pro "black to the future"
Tried Valet pro "black to the future" on some engine bay plastics today, I'm impressed. Easy on leave 5 minutes and buff off, it will form part of my detailing kit as standard now
-
Viable 1.4 vrs replacement
TT will be too low for us oldies to get in and out of 👴 👵
-
Viable 1.4 vrs replacement
My other car is a 2022 golf R mk8 320 so small and nimble (yet frugal) vehicle that wife can drive is what I'm after, Fiesta st agree good choice but depending on previous servicing (as with all) Any small awd peppy vehicles members have experience of ?