Skip to content

Crucian

FREEDOM
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Crucian

  1. Hmmm, Had undertray off today, no sign of a radiator drain and lower hose is all but inaccessible, replaced the expansion tank but will be taking the Scabia to my indi to drain flush and renew. violet/red antifreeze and distilled water.
  2. 2014 cthe 1.4 VRS is there a drain tap on the bottom of the radiator ? if not what is the best way to drain the cooling system as I want to renew the coolant (G12) before winter. I'm taking the opportunity to fit a new coolant expansion tank at the same time As ever, any assistance welcomed
  3. Welcome to you and Jerry 🙂
  4. My 2014 1.4 is a bit lumpy on start (and always has been in my 4 years of ownership), the fuel map is enrichened and timing auto adjusts for approx. the first 30-45 seconds and then all is good
  5. Same here on the fabia. I don't believe lubricant will help I think its the close tolerance in the locking mechanism being reduced by thermal expansion. I managed to very slowly tease the belt out.
  6. Sounds like a wiring fault (a wire is grounding out when you lift the tailgate) as it is the grounds that are "switched" by the BCU. I wouldn't know where to start looking as I haven't seen a Yeti in person, but would hazard a guess that it's somewhere in or near the rubber grommet / tube (where the wires, wash wipe tube passes through) I'm sure more enlightened forum members will be along shortly to offer assistance 🙂
  7. 11 year old 1.4 cthe getting through the miles, Oil service every 6 months How are other vehicles progressing ?
  8. Hello welcome to the forums
  9. Usually if you keep the unlock button on the fob pressed the windows will open (if you have convenience windows enabled) You vehicle may be a bit long in the tooth
  10. Don't suppose you have a record of the part numbers ?
  11. Hmm, changing the mud shields on my brakes (2014 CTHE 1.4 VRS fabia) rears fit no problem, fronts however were supplied too small (twice, cross referenced vin and ordered from Skoda) disks are 288mm diameter (STD VRS ones) and I'm unable to source the correct mud shields. These are the part numbers that match (but don't) my VIN Has anyone been through this minefield previously and ascertained the correct part numbers ? As ever any assistance greatly welcomed
  12. Hello and welcome
  13. Yes, Similar positive results and seems to last well. Tyres come up very well after a wash and application
  14. Possibly should have checked your spelling !!!
  15. @chills I'm well impressed with both it's longevity and finish now use it on the Golf as well, I buff it off after a few minutes that leaves a satin finish
  16. Check intake hoses (to from charge cooler) I've had one come loose and it presents those symptoms
  17. 🙂 Welcome to the forums
  18. Looked into this today on the motor, seems that there was a tracking issue (may even be cracked) with the plug, Genuine VAG plug been fitted for 7 months, may need to alter my maint schedule to change on a 6 monthly basis
  19. Hello and welcome
  20. Looks like bird poo etching, will require some sort of polish to take the clear coat down to the lowest point and buffed then protected with ceramic coat or similar
  21. Tried Valet pro "black to the future" on some engine bay plastics today, I'm impressed. Easy on leave 5 minutes and buff off, it will form part of my detailing kit as standard now
  22. TT will be too low for us oldies to get in and out of 👴 👵
  23. My other car is a 2022 golf R mk8 320 so small and nimble (yet frugal) vehicle that wife can drive is what I'm after, Fiesta st agree good choice but depending on previous servicing (as with all) Any small awd peppy vehicles members have experience of ?

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.