Skip to content

Stonekeeper

Resident Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Stonekeeper

  1. I always put my DSG in N if going to be sat still more than a few seconds too. I know it is said that you don't have to because nothing is happening but: When you put it in N the engine tone changes so there must be a difference? In theory if your foot is "Firmly on the brake pedal it should be ok?
  2. Some good deals on the 60 at the moment I think there is a facelift or new model due soon https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202409164090753?sort=relevance&twcs=true&advertising-location=at_cars&make=Skoda&model=Enyaq&page=3&postcode=m45 6dj&fromsra
  3. When i was looking before buying mine i found this https://www.zap-map.com/ev-guides/model-charging/skoda-enyaq-iv
  4. I thought a 2022 diesel superb would meet all the current ULEZ requirements. Surely the Govt wouldn't stitch diesel buyers up again by moving the goalposts?
  5. If you hold your finger on the bar all the options that can be placed on the bar appear above, look for the one you want press and hold it until it becomes loose then drop it on the bar. Literally just done this with auto hold. Because i wanted to turn it off quickly when parking.
  6. I understand that the ring may not be suitable for everyone. With the RND/S selector process now being electronic. Maybe it is possible for an adaption company to come up with a way of moving that?
  7. When i did the opposite, put petrol in a diesel i realised after starting the fill up so had only managed 8 litres in. Our company recovery company attended and did some quick math. 75 litre tank, already 3% bio ethanol from the diesel pump, so if we filled it wth diesel it would be more than the percentage we could get away with. He said if the resulting percentage of petrol diesel mix had been 5% unleaded in the biodiesel it would have been OK. Dpf and adblu engine. And this was superunleaded. The petrol station we have used for years had changed hands and the pump i regularly used, used to be two diesel pumps left and centre with one petrol on the right. It had been changed to Superunleaded on the left with diesel in the middle.
  8. Not understanding the HGV context. I know which pattern i would pick for safety. I have been towing Caravans for over forty years. I am on Holiday not at work. I have a Dog (up to earlier this year it was two) Someone in the car usually needs to Pee.
  9. My caravan took my 2litre ford diesel down from 60mpg to 34mpg but it had a 75litre tank so lancashire to Devon even just into Cornwall was possible. I had a diesel Seat leon that required fuel at Exeter So it's the size of the Tank that matters. Evs will turn out the same. Smaller but bigger capacity batteries? Maybe! But the ability to charge in 30 minutes with caravan attached will be more useful if the range can be got to 150 miles towing. 2 and a half hours towing normally needs a break anyway.
  10. The miro of that caravan is 1824kg. What mpg would a regular BMW get towing that do you think?
  11. Towcar 2025 winners Some surprises here for petrol heads
  12. What prefix on the car? SA, SB, SC, SD, SE, SF, SG, SH, SJ Scotland KA, KB, KC, KD, KE, KF, KG, KH, KJ, KK, KL - Luton
  13. Just to throw this in the mix as regards to more ev's in Scotland per person than England. If sales are judged by place of registration it does not mean they where sold there. A particular dealership who have big new sales of most brands throughout the UK have a Head office in Glasgow and many of the vehicles sold Nationally are registered there. They also have some brands pre-registered in Yorkshire and Maidstone. E.g all their pre-registered Fiats appear to be Yorkshire Vauxhalls Dacia and Citroens are Scotland Volkswagen Maidstone I may me wrong but that's how their website appears to me.
  14. I have seen a private hire Toyota yaris, bet that's fun taking a family to the airport
  15. That applies to many cars, need to plug in for data connection. Slowly becoming available on new cars. But it took some a long time to host carplay in the first place.
  16. very pleased with my Enyaq so far. But it's only been a week. Shift work means 4 drives a day and it's short but too far to walk at 65yo. With no special rates and charging on the 2.4kw i reckon around 20kw costing around £5 allowing for 10% loss in kw charging. At the start of the week it's long term miles per kw was 2.3kw/m. I am guessing that was because of being sat in messing with the car at the dealers over time, after my week of driving this has risen to 2.8kw/m long term. I have yet to discover how to sort out the trip and other stats. I don't want to blur the figures by sitting in it playing 😀
  17. The "private" sales on autotrader are sometimes informative. Brand new unregistered for sale "private seller"?

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.