Everything posted by scotthugh3s
-
Random locking / Unlocking
I've known mine to lock/unlock as I'm washing it if I have the key on me, take the key away though and it stops. The only other time I've experienced this was after my MOT last year, when for a day afterwards my car would unlock itself and the alarm would trigger. Went away on its own though after a day and I put it down to maybe they'd disconnected the battery or something during its MOT and not reconnected it correctly? Not sure. But worth checking on the health of your 12v battery I'd say.
-
OBD11 Coding list for Octavia MK4 / IV
You have to make it visible IIRC, use the buttons on your steering wheel to bring up menus, then check the box next to Cruise Control / Speed Limiter etc
-
problème module 5F
I decided not to go ahead with the 1989 update myself, having read through the experiences some others were having after applying it. So I'd be inclined to believe that the issues you are experiencing with your 5F module are probably linked to the update. Although it's worth mentioning, as I say, that most who were having issues seemed to find ways to recover from them. It'll all be posted in the thread/s
-
problème module 5F
There's a thread on here somewhere, it has 1989 in the title, and it's full of posts from users who experienced issues after updating to 1989, and also fixes for these issues I believe. Could well be worth taking a look. Search the forum for 1989 and you should find the thread I'm talking about
- ORU3 - OCU - SW0311 – Octavia (O3A8)
- ORU3 - OCU - SW0311 – Octavia (O3A8)
-
OBD11 Coding list for Octavia MK4 / IV
Yep, got a similar deal myself (paid around the £90 mark anyway) My next piece of advice though would be to buy a battery charger. I recommend the CTEK MXS 5.0 although I've heard good things about the NOCO Genius 5 too If you're going to spend any amount of time messing around with OBD11, which you undoubtedly will as you familiarise yourself with it, then you'll need to be hooked up to a charger to prevent your battery from dropping out on you unexpectedly, which can in turn lead to more complicated errors as I'm sure you're aware
-
OBD11 Coding list for Octavia MK4 / IV
That's what I did a few months back, no regrets whatsoever
-
OBD11 Coding list for Octavia MK4 / IV
OBD11 will usually find it for you, as in show it on screen, but you then have to manually enter it yourself. That's the bit that was confusing me, it would come up with the security access code (don't recall it off the top of my head, something like 30407 though) but you then have to input that yourself. I thought cos it was showing it to me, that was it, but apparently not
-
Airbag error, what can reset it?
I had to have the software on my airbag module flashed with the latest update to turn mine off, but mine is a 2021 model and was out of warranty hence me not wanting to take it to Skoda who'd have insisted on replacing the module. However, they should do yours under warranty.
- ORU3 - OCU - SW0311 – Octavia (O3A8)
-
Skoda’s Octavia Gets A Second Facelift
Looks nice 👌 https://www.autoevolution.com/news/2027-skoda-octavia-debuts-in-cgi-land-with-updated-design-272475.html
-
Skoda’s Octavia Gets A Second Facelift
Yeah, I like that about the new Superb myself. Not often my infotainment has played up thankfully (touch wood) but it's still a faff on having your climate controls buried in there. Always gets me how they changed the law in the UK to ban using hand held devices whilst driving, rightfully so, but simultaneously made all of the controls for your vehicle part of your touchscreen infotainment system! Crazy
-
Airbag error, what can reset it?
Do you have OBD11? You can't fix it with that, but you can find out your airbag module's software version... I had an issue with my airbag light that wouldn't go out, Skoda insisted a new module is needed, turns out an update to the module software fixed it You need access to ODIS to be able to apply the update though, or, do as I did, take the car to someone who has
-
Interesting obd11 starter stats
How do you find that info using obd11? I have it with a pro licence but have never came across that option...
-
Skoda’s Octavia Gets A Second Facelift
CarscoopsSkoda's Octavia Gets A Second Facelift To Catch Up With I...Spy photographers have snapped an updated Octavia, which features changes inside and out So this randomly popped up on my newsfeed this morning. Nothing too exciting, no real mention of any ground breaking changes be them aesthetic, mechanical or otherwise... I just find it interesting that they're throwing out another facelift model so soon after the 4.5?
-
Reversing camera display change after update.
Factory reset is an option in your infotainment settings, anyone can apply one at any time. It can help sync your system after updates and such if it's playing up. Btw what do you mean, the car is 1994?
-
Reversing camera display change after update.
IIRC most user's recommend performing a factory reset after the update, seemed to iron out any bugs.
-
Reversing camera display change after update.
Is it the 1989 update? There were some problems experienced by a number of those who updated to that when it was originally released, if you search for the thread/s I'm pretty sure you'll find some interesting info in amongst them.
- CAN Network Gateway Question.
- CAN Network Gateway Question.
-
New software available version 1989
Try this:- https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MfF4R7Jj_lDF7QyKjQwJm6syFkzt5Gr6/view
-
New software available version 1989
Unfortunately it was over 18 months ago now, and I no longer have access to it Have you checked all the links in this forum? Do a search for 1985 and it should take you to them
-
New software available version 1989
I went straight from 1896 to 1985 and everything went fine
-
Traffication issues
Have you looked at the app settings?