Skip to content

scotthugh3s

FREEDOM
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by scotthugh3s

  1. Apologies, but I occasionally get the odd error thrown up when it's really cold. Usually in regard to front assist, park assist though in fairness The battery being the culprit is a good shout, have you heard of CTEK?
  2. It's the latest software update, version 1989. There are mixed feelings regards applying the update, as some owners have experienced issues afterwards. There's at least one thread in this forum with lots of replies and information regarding this, take a look for a thread with 1989 in the title
  3. OBDEleven seems to be a popular choice
  4. They must be, another one here who is really impressed with their headlights (2020 mk 4)
  5. The arrow buttons on your steering wheel, right hand side, press left or right to scroll through available dash layouts
  6. Just changed my phone and couldn't import the Briskoda app onto my new one, and can't find where to D/L it. Could someone point me in the right direction please?
  7. I was having the connection problem recently between my app and my car, but it seemed to correct itself on its own. I wonder if it was something to do with a buggy update?
  8. Has anyone figured out a way of adding apps to AA, other then the select few it allows as standard? Would love to add what3words but can't find a way of doing so? Someone mentioned a setting in AA itself to enable apps from unknown sources, however I can't find any such setting when I've looked..?
  9. I was getting one a couple of weeks ago, ignored it a couple of times and it seemingly went away. Hasn't popped up for ages now
  10. Both times my key was in a jacket pocket, could be why it wasn't detected, although I'd left it in such a way on countless occasions prior with no issues... Definitely a head scratcher
  11. Well I've managed to lock my key in my car AND the boot on separate occasions, and can confirm the above is BS, both times I had to find a way home to get my spare key to unlock 😠
  12. I used to leave mine in every day for a few minutes, whilst parked securely I might add, and it only ever locked on me once. Haven't given it the chance to do so again mind...
  13. I hope the update they're talking about isn't the new 1989 update
  14. Monte Carlo? Do you have a Kamiq, or Fabia by chance?
  15. I read on the German forum that some seem to think it could be the OTA update which is causing the issues, but it's unconfirmed. Scary to think an OTA update can screw up your car. I get them now and again with having an active traffication sub, but I'll be extra vigilant with what I agree to download / install in future.
  16. When finishing up at work, I pass my car on my way to my debrief (couple of mins max) so my routine was always to put my belongings in my car on the way past, before debrief. However, one day my car locked itself with the keys inside, so I had to get a lift home to grab my spare set, have never left the keys inside since. Does seem to me like it shouldn't happen though
  17. To those experiencing the home button issues, did you update via usb? Or receive 1989 OTA? @Djadjo78 @Kgarv
  18. Nope, can't help you with your first post either as you have the facelift version whereas I have the original mk4. Trying to work out if I can get what3words to work with AA without success though, anyone..?
  19. Cheers for those, but I meant does anyone have a direct email address maybe?
  20. It's not the sealing of the fuel cap which is causing my issue. So, after 2 days and a half dozen replies yet no suggestions regarding lockable fuel caps, I guess there are none available for the mk4 Octavia. Which leads me to my next question, does anyone know of an email address I can use to try and reach out to Skoda to discuss this with them..? Thanks in advance...
  21. Yes, but I didn't really pay attention at the time. Well I was quizzical, but a little bit bewildered in the daily run of things. It was only when it reoccurred a couple of times did I really start to pay attention. When I went to fuel up last time the trough or whatever where the fuel cap is located (behind the fuel filler door) was soaking wet with fuel, yet I had less than quarter of a tank and hadn't filled up in a fortnight. If it was a leak, the loss would be consistent, but it's not...
  22. I'm pretty certain whatever manufacturers put in place to deter thieves, they always find a way around it. I'd know if I had a leak, and my MPG figures would reflect anything mechanical or likewise I'd have thought. But I've definitely been losing fuel. And on more than one occasion
  23. Nope, but I've been filling up far too regularly for the amount of miles I'm travelling. Nothing wrong with MPG figures
  24. Pretty sure my petrol has been getting siphoned overnight, even with the lockable filter door...

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.