Everything posted by scotthugh3s
-
Update of navigation maps
No, the other way around, from 1896 to 1985 👍🏼
-
Update to Version 1969
I know that, but what I was getting at is you don't have to go to 1941, or 1969 for that matter in between...
-
Update to Version 1969
You can go straight from 1896 to 1985 (the latest) I did so myself
-
Park Distance Control Volume Occasionally Very Loud
I thought it got louder as you got closer to an object?
-
KESSY issue since update to 1985
Sorry, searched forum and didn't find any help regarding the issue I'm currently experiencing... KESSY has worked flawlessly since I picked up my 2021 Octavia a month ago, however, since I updated to 1985 a couple of days ago, it now no longer locks when you cover the button on the door handles (any of them) It still opens when you grab the handles, but won't lock unless you use the key fob to do it manually. Any idea's of what could be the cause of this or a possible work around..?
- NEW: software 1985
-
Update to Version 1969
1896, but not 1806. I'd seek expert advice before attempting that if I was you
-
At what distance do your front parking sensors work?
I like the fact that the warning tone from within the car comes from the corresponding speaker... so if you're moving your head, looking around, and you hear a beeping tone coming from behind you on the left hand side, you know that's where there's an object. Previous (older admittedly) cars I've had have sounded a generic tone but never had one come from specific areas as it does in the Octavia 🙂
-
Traffic sign recognition history
Not sure it'd help you tbh, just because you have traffic sign recognition doesn't mean you shouldn't be still looking out for traffic signs yourself....
-
Update of navigation maps
Is there any way of telling when the update is actually complete? Or is it just when it displays the newer version number? Mine seemed to update quite quickly that's all (as in showing it had changed to 23.12) but I haven't yet took out the usb drive just in case it's still running in the BG
-
Update of navigation maps
I just updated my infotainment to 1985 from 1896 yesterday. My maps were 19.7, today I ran the USB update using the latest D/L from the Skoda portal (as pictured above) yet it's only brought me up to 23.12 I think it could be that you need an active subscription to receive further updates, although obviously I'm not sure. Seems strange that the latest update only took me up to version 23.12 though....
-
Update To Infotainment Version 1985 - Download Link and Guide
I have no reason to believe otherwise, however, I am NOT an expert so you may want to consider further advice before going ahead. But I CAN confirm that you can update to 1985 straight from 1896, no need to go to 1941 or 1969 first.
-
Issues with SOS & adding a user
Not the first time I've read this, however, when I bought my used Octavia (from a non dealer) I was able to add myself as primary user the very first time I tried, as when I picked it up it was still registered to the previous owner. I can't remember exactly how I did it, just went through the settings and voila
- NEW: software 1985
-
Update To Infotainment Version 1985 - Download Link and Guide
Yes I'd imagine so, I ran the update to 1985 from 1896 following advice from a VAG software specialist. Seeing as 1900 comes after 1896 I'd have thought it would be good..?
-
Update to Version 1969
Couple of questions if you don't mind mate... Firstly, what's wrong with adapters? And secondly, why tilt the hood..?
-
Update To Infotainment Version 1985 - Download Link and Guide
No warranty mate as bought used
-
Update To Infotainment Version 1985 - Download Link and Guide
I was told by a VAG software specialist that you can apply the update with the engine running... Regardless, thanks for the info. I have the file, but as a new Octavia owner (less than a month) and currently not experiencing any issues whatsoever (touch wood) with the infotainment system, I'm quite reluctant to mess with it. If it ain't broken, don't fix it kind of thing....
-
Syncro issues, gearbox issue from 3rd to 4th, 2020 Skoda Octavia that I am looking to buy.
I take it that's the gear box oil you're talking about? If so, any chance you could point me towards this post? Thanks...
-
Royal Green
Unreal! Looks like a pearlescent deep emerald green, very, very nice!
-
Infotainment System Restarting endlessly
I've D/L'd the zip packages for both from here (thanks very much for those!) but as I'm not experiencing issues thus far running 1896, I'm tempted just to leave it as it is. Although I might try and update the navigation which I grabbed from the update portal a couple of days ago, see what happens with that 😃
-
Infotainment System Restarting endlessly
Signed up for a free trial of Skoda Connect and D/L'd a copy of my digital certificate, made for interesting reading (see attached) Could it be the Octavia I've bought has already had it's telematics done and unit replaced? 🤔
-
Update to Version 1969
Did you earth it on the engine block or the battery terminal itself in the end? Also, did you run the update with your bonnet open?
-
Hello from North Tyneside
County Durham lad myself. Spent a little bit of time as a kid on the roller coaster etc 🤣
-
Adaptive Lane Assist - Do I have it?
Only noticed mine take the steering once on a tight curve, it said something or other about it on the display, but there are lots of those types of curves where I live and it's never done it again since. Maybe I was just a bit quick through that one