Everything posted by scotthugh3s
-
Automatic Locking When Moving Function.
It's something you can adapt using OBDEleven
- SFD lock? Unable to replace rear pads/discs
-
SFD lock? Unable to replace rear pads/discs
Depends, sometimes it asks you to unlock, it definitely will the first time you use it, but then after the first time I unlocked mine I've only had to do it a further twice. The time in between, I've made quite a few minor adaptions at varying intervals. Really not sure on the parameters if I'm honest, but you could probably find out more by looking here I'm still a beginner with it all myself, there'll be people on these boards a lot better equipped to answer any questions you may have on the subject that's for sure.
-
SFD lock? Unable to replace rear pads/discs
A 70 plate Octavia has SFD protection, not SFD2. You can unlock SFD using OBDEleven and a pro licence. I know this because I have a 70 plate Octavia myself, and OBDEleven with a pro licence. I have never attempted to change the brakes on my car, but I have made other adaptions which required SFD unlock. It's a really simple / straight forward / self explanatory process, but if you've never used OBDEleven before it does pay to do some reading up before you ever use it. The garage are just leading you on mate, SFD is a VAG group security system used on all their cars since 2020. It's in place to protect a vehicle from unauthorised adaptions. Personally I think it's crap that you have to mess about like that to have your brakes changed, maybe it was all just a ploy to get people to return to them for work done for which they'd charge them double the rate of anywhere else..? Wouldn't surprise me...
-
Is the age of the car related to the current v1989 update issues?
It could be you have to activate it again in settings, happens to me with my compass if I ever run updates. So scroll to settings via your steering wheel, enter settings, find MPG then tick the box to make it selectable
-
Dealer says Screen Replacement + Update (1803 -> 1989) might brick Engine/Steering ECUs. Real risk?
The dealer should know, or at least be able to speak to tech support who DEFINITELY should know, that the infotainment updates need to be done in certain stages. As a mere owner, who successfully updated my own software thanks to some fantastic guides on here, I know that, so how don't they? When I bought my car, the infotainment was on version 1896. I spoke to another member here, who had a good reputation and apparently worked for VAG tech at some point, and he told me it was safe to go from 1896 straight to 1985, which I did. But people with older versions were having to update to 1896 first. Tell your dealer to shove their waiver up their arse, then tell them to update your software from 1803 to 1896, then from 1896 to 1989
-
2023 Manual Octavia 1.5 TSI Down on power & P17D800 fault code
My battery was around 3 years old when this happened, it was mostly my own fault though, I'd recently purchased OBD11 and would sit with it hooked up (ignition on) without a trickle charger time & again. I would trust the independent VW specialist over Skoda personally. It's not just due to issue's I've faced, but if you've been a member of this forum for any time, and have seen the repeated way in which Skoda treat their customers with nothing short of contempt time & again...
-
2023 Manual Octavia 1.5 TSI Down on power & P17D800 fault code
Now that you've mentioned the electrical glitch, for it to have happened on the same day as these problems started, you'd have to think that they're connected. I've never experienced this issue you're having, but I did encounter a host of other issues when my battery ran flat. The main one was the airbag module, it registered a fault which I was able to clear but doing so wouldn't turn out the orange light it brought up. Turns out I needed to update the software on my airbag module, although it wasn't Skoda that told me this, they'd have charged me for a new module, thankfully I got some great advice from a fella on FB who'd encountered my issue before. So yeah, could be software, or electrical etc etc. From my experience though, I wouldn't really trust Skoda to help you get to the bottom of it, by all accounts they're they're much more focused on taking your money by any means rather than helping you out.
-
Dumb Questions from a Newby!
My advice is don't leave the key in the car and shut the doors, I used to do it regularly, until it locked me out of the car one day and I had to find another way home to get my spare key to open it. I've heard of the same thing happening to others too.
-
2023 Manual Octavia 1.5 TSI Down on power & P17D800 fault code
A quick google suggests that it could be due to a faulty or clogged up EGR valve. But as with everything on modern cars, it could also be due a host of other things, sensors, wiring, software issues etc etc 😆😠 The fact that you notice the decline in power suggests to me that it could well be the EGR valve, although if the sensors or wiring relating to it are playing up the car would mimic the fault whether it existed or not. Even so it seems a safe bet to start looking around the EGR valve as the cause of your issue I'd say
-
Octavia 2025 - HMI software version
Could be an OCU fault? Dealer should know that but unfortunately these days they're about as helpful as a vulture is to a dying child. Do you have access to OBD11, or ODIS / VCDS? Would potentially flag up there if it was a fault with the OCU
-
Track/explore on app
Ah right, sorry, I had no idea. I bought my Octavia 2nd hand, also mine is one of the early Mk4's so not all of the functionality of the app is available to me. I would maybe try and update the thread title to include the fact you're awaiting delivery of a brand new car. Just thinking it may attract someone who knows exactly what you're talking about. There have been plenty of posts on here over time from people buying Octavia's from brand new
-
Track/explore on app
Don't have the options on my connect app, have a map option which will show you the current location of your vehicle? Then some kind of explore thing which is nothing to do with my car, just news / ads about new Skoda cars
-
Update to Version 1969
I left engine running during update, didn't have hood open though I don't think
-
2023 Manual Octavia 1.5 TSI Down on power & P17D800 fault code
Did you try clearing the codes to see if that helps? Sometimes with these glitches, a fault is triggered which can dictate the way the car behaves. If it is just down to a glitch though, simply clearing the code/s can bring the car back to life. If you have already cleared them and they've returned, then it's possible you need to do further investigation obviously
-
Mk3 oil pressure regulator issue
It was originally in the MK4 forum, it's obviously been moved by a mod 👍🏻
-
Update to Version 1969
There should be a link on here for it somewhere, search through the entire thread from the beginning
-
Mk3 oil pressure regulator issue
I wouldn't worry about it, maybe if you could contact a forum mod they could move the thread for you
-
Mk3 oil pressure regulator issue
You've posted this is the wrong forum mate, this is the MK4 forum, there is a MK3 forum you should post it there
-
Multiple adaptations for front fog lights
I realise this is an old post, so not sure if I'll get a response, however... I have OBD11 Gen 3, and I don't have CD 12 or CD 13 as options... Does anyone know why this is, or if it would interfere with this coding potentially working on my 2021 mk4?
- Help with the update!
-
GPS losing lock
That's what I was wondering, whether or not a software update would fix the issue. I had an experience recently with the airbag module, whereby, according to official Skoda documentation, I needed to have the module replaced, which would have proved expensive. However, it turns out a software update on the module fixed the issue. This is/was obviously known to Skoda, as they (covertly it would seem) released the update. I say covertly as they never made it part of an official update package apparently, which makes you think that this is deliberate behaviour on their part as they obviously make more money on (allegedly) replacing modules. It has me wondering whether or not this is something they do? So let's say I had gone to Skoda who would have insisted they'd need to replace my airbag module... I've no doubt I'd have been charged as such, but would they have actually done it? Or would they have just applied the update they knew about but didn't officially release which fixes the issue I had without replacing the module, although of course charged me as if they had? One thing's for sure, with everything that's gone on with car manufacturers in recent times, I wouldn't trust them one bit. I genuinely wonder if this is a game they play with us owners. As with @tdi2529 , did they really replace his module, or just apply the software update which fixes the issue? Although keep up the pretence that they'd replaced it in the hope that one day they may return with another faulty module needing "replacing"....
- GPS losing lock
-
Function temporarily restricted due to battery budget (B1915F1 error code)
Do you know if your software (across all modules) is up to date?
-
Function temporarily restricted due to battery budget (B1915F1 error code)
Quick google and it seems it was a common fault on the 2021 Golf, with mention of a faulty (telematics?) control module... From my own personal experience, I'd be keen to do more digging before believing that. Just recently I had an airbag light triggered by a flat battery that by all accounts showed up as a faulty control module. Turns out the module software needed updating to the latest version, once this was done, the light turned off and over a month later it hasn't returned...