Skip to content

minsy

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by minsy

  1. Nottslan Yes. my car was new with 5 miles on the clock.
  2. minsy replied to ix66's topic in Hellos and Goodbyes
    Welcome, Looks good in white.
  3. Nottsian I dont know the name of the hill but its the steep,long one on the M5 not very far from Torquay. My Karoq is not high useage buy any means [ 5600 miles in 18 months] and im beginning to dislike it more every day I use it. we have a very small gradient on the approach road to our street and the car s revving at 3000rpm in 2nd gear unless I use the flappy paddles. The Wifes Fabia DSG is in 4th on the same road. For the life of me I cant understand why a much less powerful car can be in a higher gear than the Karoq under identical conditions. The fabia is in top in no time at all, mine just seems to hold on in a low gear for as long as possible.
  4. Thanks Rbz5416, excuse my ignorance but how do you do that?
  5. I drove a Karoq SEL DSG demonstator a couple of years ago and Im certain the gear changes felt entirely different to my edition model I own now.The changes are nice and smooth but the car revs far to much for my liking. I suspect some changes have been made at tthe factory for some bizarre reason. It bothered my so much I tried my dealers new demonstrator to see if was the same as mine and it was. Mine also displays M when using the paddles and I definitely wasnt in sport mode when it changed down
  6. thamestrader I was actually in drive when I braked at 75 mph to slow on the M5 near Torquay as the speed was increasing on the slope. Had to use the flappy paddles to put back into 7th. I find the only way to get the car to change gear at sensible revs is to use a really light throttle. My previous Scala 1.5 DSG was a completely different beast when it came to gear changing. Had a new manual Fabia colour edition as a loan car when mine went in for service and that car was telling me to change gear about 2000rpm!
  7. Hi Giles and welcome, not to far away from you in Gloucestershire.
  8. The DSG issue drives me mad! I noticed from day one on my Karoq SEL how it revs so much before changing gear. My wifes 2024 Fabia changes at about 2000 rpm when driving . Also had the Karoq change down at about 75 mph on the Motorway when braking going downhill in Devon! Have been thinking about a change of manufacturer myself after 20 odd years of Skoda ownership.
  9. Had a problem with my 2025 karoqs infotainment system about 2 months into ownership from new. The car was at the dealers for about a week, apparently the part required was one of only two in the country and needed setting up to my particular car. Sorry, Im no technophobe so cant elaborate on it but its not something you want or expect on a new car. From memory I think the dealership said it would have cost me about £ 1200 if not under warranty.
  10. Tend to agree, not as good as they used to be. I've had various Skodas since 2002 [all purchased new ] starting with a Fabia Elegance TDI estate and now on a 2025 Karoq 1.5 SEL which has already had warranty repairs on some weird problem with the infotainment display. Dont have the same faith in them as I used to.
  11. Welcome back jeepyboy!
  12. minsy replied to Modders's topic in Škoda Scala
    Its not my car, its Modders. The reason I ask is I dont think Coasting worked on my 2021 1.5 DSG Scala in Sport mode but maybe changed on the 2025 MY. Anyway, seriously impressive fuel consumption.
  13. minsy replied to Modders's topic in Škoda Scala
    Does Coasting work in sport mode??
  14. Welcome back.
  15. good start then!
  16. Hi Dave and welcome, it would be interesting to hear your comparisons between the two when you have had it a while.
  17. The Scala monte carlo has a fixed pan roof, the new Sportlines in my local dealer still had the opening roof if I remember correctly.
  18. Cant help you with the radio code but I ended up getting a rear wiper from the Skoda dealers for the wifes Fabia recently.It seems strange Halfords dont stock them, I found exactly the same thing
  19. I think a test drive in both SEL and Sportline models is a good idea. Personally I found the ride quality on the SEL variant better than the Sportline so opted for that when I changed my car.
  20. Hi lawlozuk, enjoy the car.
  21. Did a 381 mile round trip [ mostly motorway mies] to North Wales last week in my 2025 1.5 SEL DSG Karoq. Screen info says average speed 50mph and fuel consuption 53 mpg so Im really pleased with those figures.
  22. Hi SteveF, temptation beyon endurance as they say. Great car!
  23. Hello and welcome Owen.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.