Skip to content

MickA

Resident Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by MickA

  1. Thank you, I'd rather listen to people with the knowledge than someone trying to basically sell me down the, have a service/warranty plan road etc. I got told all types of tales about what could go wrong etc etc. Don't listen and make my own judgement after consultation with the forum. Basically the car I've bought is an ex lease car, low mileage and meticulously looked after, that's how they should be if you've got to hand it back without penalties.
  2. Thanks all, now soon to be a Kamiq owner. Put a deposit down on a 20 plate auto SE L. Probably a few more questions coming soon.... Here's one, will the dsg box need servicing in its life, like an oil change? Been told not but also been told by the dealer (not a Skoda dealer) that it will @40k miles, true?
  3. I'm back again with some hopefully final questions before I buy. Not purchasing from a Skoda dealer but a car supermarket type place. Having dealt with them before and they are local to me impressions of the car are all good, not driven yet. This one's had new Good Years on the front and new brakes on the rear before being put on display, so happy there👍 A Kamiq 20 plate SEL 1ltr auto. Anything I should be wary of with this engine gearbox combo? What's it like for reliability (gearbox) what type of auto is it and does it need servicing at any point in its life, car is on 18k miles currently? As you can tell I'm going into the unknown with this one, especially an auto car. Although I know about the 1.2TSi engine and my previous Citigo 1ltr but that was a different engine altogether, I think.
  4. MickA replied to fabill's topic in Skoda Karoq
    As above post, is it just the noise from the rear, roll up load cover rather than a solid one? I'm in the throws of car hunting, Kamiq or Karoq not sure yet. One comment brings up more noise from the rear load area, re above comment because of the adjustable rear seats. Do all Karoqs have rear adjustable seats and roll type load covers?
  5. I've already discounted that car, odd tyres, scuffed alloys, bad brakes discs also a deeply scuffed front splitter. They want in my opinion top money for a car needing two refurbed alloys, front brake renewal and to satisfy my OC two front tyres and a minor paint job.
  6. On that particular car I mentioned with 3 different brands on, two Hankooks on the rear. The fronts, two different brands (can't remember what but not anything I've heard of) but I noticed one had recently had the tyre removed/changed as it had telltale remnants of that tyre fitting paste. So more likely a replacement due to puncture/damage.
  7. That sounds better, how I would expect tyres to wear/last. I ditched a set of Bridgestones on my Toledo around 4 years, fitted from new. They were awful anyway after a couple of years, noisy harsh ride but still had decent tread depth left but started cracking around the edge of the tread, MOT advisory. Can recommend Kumho as replacements, have them on both my cars and a previous one.
  8. MickA replied to BTandSid's topic in Skoda Karoq
    Panasonic batteries are ok, use them in my Mazda fobs. Those fobs can sometimes give connection problems for the battery, a quick tweak of the connection prongs and all working again. So have a look inside, could be poor connection with the battery. Incidentally my SEAT fob is still working fine, 10 years on with it's original battery. They must be making cheapo batteries these days.
  9. I've noticed that a good few I've seen (in pictures at dealers) did come with Good Years. They seem to get changed (fronts) on some as early as 20k miles, well from what I noticed. Anyways from comments I can expect to see not so good condition brake discs, that made me wonder on the one I saw yesterday. On approx 19k miles it looked like it had brand new discs pad on the rear and very badly lipped front discs and 3 brands of tyres on. I always examine the wheels/tyres/brake wear first so to get an overall picture of how the cars fared in it's early life. Seen some shockers yesterday, not Kamiqs, looking at other makes/models too of course.
  10. Looked at one Kamiq and another to be viewed next week. Both SE L one auto the other manual 70 plates. They've both had the first MOTs last year with advisories for tyre and brake wear. Are these models heavy on front brake and tyre wear, both cars covered approx 18k miles at first MOT? Judging on my current car (from new) original front brake discs/pads @36k miles, MOT passed last week, all good. Tyres I'd expect more than 18k miles from a pair but I suppose it depends on previous drivers driving habits re wear brakes and tyres. What tyres were fitted around 2020 delivery year to the Kamiq, one car has Hankooks on the rear and the fronts looking like some cheapo replacements? Comments/observations welcome.👍
  11. Being in the know this appears to be a well sorted NC2 with all the would-be owners needs sorted. Nice price too.👍 I've already got one with similar mods👍
  12. I've experienced Bridgestones on two cars, they were pretty awful TBH on both. I probably wouldn't buy a car with those tyres on unless a was given a decent discount (unlikely) to get them changed. They are just tyres to dealers, so long as they are legal when the car is sold, they don't much bother.
  13. Probably if only 1k+ miles the engine needs to loosen up, it'll get better over time.
  14. My stop/start Toledo's battery (heavier duty) lasted around 5 years before giving trouble. I've learnt a lesson there, now over winter if the car isn't used much I keep a check on the battery condition and put it on a trickle charge. Not using the car much in winter caused the battery to basically not hold a charge for long, yes it would start the car but with all systems on it soon drained the battery throwing up an array of warning lights. New battery fitted and kept topped up when necessary has made sure it's doing it's job, now around 4 years old.
  15. Looking at the Kamiq and Karoqs colours, in fact Skoda colours in general are bland compared with other manufacturers but I like the cars. Choosing the right combo, spec etc is a task then the colour could be a compromise. Surprised that the past white which was standard (no extra) is now an added extra. I'm all done on silver cars, had two, latest for 10 years so that's a no no for the next one. Probably end up with white, can find plenty of blues, which are a no, no with me I'm afraid.
  16. MickA replied to MickA's topic in Škoda Kamiq
    Thanks all for your thoughts on the Kamiq. I've always had manual cars so I guess that's how it's going to go for me at present. Probably settling on a 1 litre 6 speed manual, so that'll be the higher bhp of the two in SE L spec. Is the manual box nice, I find my current car (SEAT) 6 speed a joy to use if a little notchy going for reverse, always been so though. Trawling the internet is a task for the correct spec, colour ATM but in no rush, I've got a car or maybe two to sell too before a decision is made
  17. Mine was exactly the same, I topped it up with deironised water, absolutely no problems with the car and no leaks.
  18. MickA replied to Jonathon1's topic in Skoda Karoq
    I've switched to looking at Kamiq/Karoqs for my next purchase. Chipping in on the wet belt engines I've recently been looking at Peugeot and Vauxhall SUVs with the wet belts. It's reported that dodgy belts prematurely breaking up (if true) can cause issues as described above. Around year 2017/18 engines, so stopped looking at anything below 2019 to be safe. Of course I'm here again, we'll never gone away, looking at Skoda.
  19. MickA replied to MickA's topic in Škoda Kamiq
    Just a thought (probably a too personal question) do many of you have a Kamiq on a lease deal? There are some decent deals out there ATM. I know it's not for everyone and I've been doing a good deal of digging around the leasing side of things, so questions like you much rather buy than basically rent I understand.
  20. MickA replied to MickA's topic in Škoda Kamiq
    Did Sutton Bank last year, from our overnight stop in Thirsk on our way eventually to Pickering. Mrs hates that hill, I love it of course, done that many times and all over NYM over the years. Thanks for your comments.👍
  21. MickA replied to MickA's topic in Škoda Kamiq
    I can say that about my Toledo, far and away the best I've owned. In to 10 years now from new, I'm after a little more newness now, is that a word and to keep in my old age. Glad you like yours, thanks.
  22. MickA posted a topic in Škoda Kamiq
    Currently looking at Kamiqs as a replacement car but which one should I go for, engine/gearbox recommendations. I've always had manual cars so I suppose stick with those but willing to listen to comments from auto drivers. Most interested in engine size comparison, 1.0 ltr (which one) or 1.5 and possibly which goes better with the auto. I don't commute, it'll be for mainly short journeys and occasional long ones holidays type of use. What's the rear seating like, at most I need to fit 3 grandkids in the rear, they are all teenagers really so hopefully won't be cramped. They manage atm in my Toledo (Rapids cousin) so hopefully in a Kamiq. Any model to not go for, I'm thinking SE spec so far, ho and it'll be second hand rather than new. Been through a few posts but still none the wiser as to which? Thanks
  23. Just checked my 2014 Toledo (Rapid in disguise) it has separate fuses for front and rear wipers, couldn't be that simple, assume you've checked that?
  24. Or get out of the passenger side😁
  25. Give them a deadline when you want the car back or a refund. Hound them over this, don't give in, they make enough out of cars these days, don't let them kid you otherwise.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.