Skip to content

Rory

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Rory

  1. There's a couple of things going on with VW Group in the US - some cars (although I think it's just ID models) are being held pending a software fix to stop the dash and rear view camera screens blanking as that makes the vehicles illegal to use. There's also cars, I think more 'premium' VW brands, stuck at Customs as they've got some electronic part linked to allegations of forced labour in Xinjiang.
  2. I would doubt the stop/start button issue is connected to the door lock. The door locks are known to be iffy.
  3. Yes, it's supposed to do that. If you turn the ignition on it'll stop. Does it unlock the drivers door when the console button is pressed?
  4. Oh - I was assuming you weren't in the UK!
  5. Do you have Skoda Roadside Assistance in your country? In the UK sometimes they can help, although if a part needs to be changed they'll usually want us to go to the dealer.
  6. Rory replied to Keithjock's topic in Skoda Karoq
    That links back to my point months ago. With discount using CarWow etc, plus new car PCP contribution, I''d imagine brand new would be a similar price - but you'll be told leadtime is 6mths. So why are they registering cars that aren't even being used instead of making them available for new buyers?
  7. Yes, had it from new. Dealer did ask if we'd had any work done on it - it hasn't, this is the first time it's been to a garage since we picked it up. Of course, dealer said they'd never seen anything like it but other daughter had a "miss-build" on her SEAT Ateca, which is built in the same factory as Karoq. Not sure which of the tubes is missing - not clear from technicians report. Hopefully it'll just be the rear one and maybe it can go in where the vent is. If it's the main one, then removing the console looks a chunky job.
  8. Car went into the dealer today and they found that the pipe that runs from the airbox to rear vents is missing. Apparently they checked that by removing the rear vent and looking, so didn't need to remove the centre console at this point. Annoyingly the service advisor was adamant that they can't get the car in again until 5th July and that would be a waiting appt, even though this initial appt, with a courtesy car, had been made "just" 3 weeks ago. They reckon it can be done in an hour or so, which seems quick to me. As it happens, daughter doesn't works on Fridays so she can take the car in and wait - although service advisor was grumpy that she can't be there at 8.45 for a 9 o'clock appt due to taking her kids to school.
  9. Rory replied to IJWS15's topic in Skoda Karoq
    The mountings can somethimes be plastic welded back on - I shudder to think how much the headlamp unit will cost.
  10. Yes - try and clean them up and then if you're still concerned ask the garage to put them on the MOT brake tester. It takes a lot to fail that.
  11. Small Claims is nothing like that - pay a small fee and that's it. For this kind of dispute you could be asked to provide an independent technical report. Boundary disputes are well known for being off the scale in terms of costs. Small Claims outcomes can be pretty random but often they're won by default as the other party doesn't defend. You;d have to sue the supplying dealer though - so it's a bit of a nuclear option as it won't be feasible to ever use them again. I got very annoyed at Honda and the local dealer when a inner rear pad stuck on daughter's Jazz - particularly because she'd taken the car in due to the noise the acoustic wear indicator was making and they sent her away and said it was fine. Got absolutely no where with the dealer, dealer group or Honda. Honda where particualry hard faced, yet on a previous Jazz they'd agreed to replace the rear discs at 3yrs old due to them looking tatty as they rusted.
  12. That might seem harsh on tyres but if you're doing low mileage the next thing that'll happen after rusty brakes is the garage will be wanting you to change the tyres due to cracking.
  13. They could stop this by using discs that are heat treated - GM did it in the US after so many customer complaints. All you can do yourself is don't "baby" the brakes - whenever the opportunity arises and it's safe to do so, brake heavily, but ease off just before you stop. Don't do things like wash the car, hosing the life out of the wheels, then not use it for a week - I always take mine around the village to dry the brakes. The trouble is, once rust sets in it rubs away the pad and so you can never clean the disc so you can end up braking on a thin strip of shiny disc. The back of the disc is usually worse than the front.
  14. It's odd how the screen is slightly different on ours to yours - I'd love to know the purpose of the fan speed buttons on ours. Other forums / models talk about them being "mode" buttons which limit the speed of the fan and maybe the power of the a/c. But they don't appear to do anything in practice. What happens if you move the slider on yours while the system in is in auto?
  15. I assume that does something if you have 3 zone a/c (not sure if that’s even an option on Kamiq).
  16. Here's the Kamiq HVAC screen: Daughter says it makes no odds which fan setting is used, it does its own thing. With the system in manual, the slider appears.
  17. It's not a conviction - only a Court can convict you.
  18. On our Kamiq the slider is only there in manual mode. In auto, it just has the three 'buttons' - low, medium & high. You can see on the Karoq picture that the slider isn't there - our Kamiq is the same, except I think that the three options are always on the screen (in auto) - on the Karoq you have to dab a fan icon to make the selector box appear. I'll get a picture of it next time the car is here.
  19. Thanks for trying them - I was pretty sure I wasn't being dim, but you never know! I don't see it being flap related as there's no separate rear controls - I'm going with they've just forgotten to connect it up. There's a bung goes in the air-box if there's no rear vents so maybe that's been left in place. The fan profile thing is a new one on me - Kamiq isn't here at the moment but looked at out Karoq, and blow (excuse the pun) me, it's pretty well the same: Behind the window there's a fan symbol but it's not obvious that touching it would do anything. The Kamiq doesn't have that - just the three settings appear - and it doesn't say "A/C profile", there's just the three options.
  20. Booked it in to local dealer. Bought it elsewhere but they were fine with that, and I wanted to get the car into their system. I booked our Karoq, which I did buy there, in for service first. I did a flap reset last night even though I didn't think it would make any difference, and it didn't. Rear floor vents are working. Must admit I didn't realise (it's daughter's car) how much of a faff it is going into the infortainment to do most things. And even then it's not immediately obvious what's happening with air flow direction. Daughter commented that the a/c indicator being orange for on is opposite of what you'd think, when everything else is white (and it's white in the separate heater panel). Compared to the picture above, the slider control for fan speed only appears in manual on our's. In auto there's a low, medium and high selection for the fan - why doesn't it just work "automatically"! There's no mention of it in the online handbook and as best I can gather it's a mode selection and it sets the max fan speed - how odd.
  21. Thanks for trying. Didn't matter what I did, there was just no sense of airflow from the rear vents at all. I'm dreading the likely fix - I assume the trunking that must be under the console hasn't been connected somewhere. When bits like this are removed they never go back the same.
  22. Well, yes, it does have the bonkers electronic climate control where not much can be done without going into the infotainment (they've added more controls to the heater panel on the new model just out) but it's two zone = left and right. If it was 3 zone (which I don't think is offered on Kamiq) then it would have additional control for the rear. So (apart from opening and closing the vents themselves) there's no control over the rear air flow - if the front face level vents are blowing, then the rear should be too - and that's exactly what happens on our Karoq.
  23. Thanks - yes, I can see the slats are opening and closing. There's just no sense of airlflow at all - it's like the vents are just pretend! Tried our Karoq and there's a thumbwheel to open them, and once open, air blasts through. I wonder if there might be a air distribution flap out of position but there's no separate control for the rear so I doubt it's that. Hmmm...seeems like it might be quite a big take-apart job to find what's wrong.
  24. Just in case I'm missing something, is there anything that needs to be done to make air come out of the rear vents? I know there's a slider on each vent, but moving that doesn't change anything, Had the car 6 mths and it's only become apparent it's not working now the weather is getting warmer.
  25. Wonder if that is Skoda or VWFS? Anyway none of these people actually work for VW Group, they contact out customer service to an American company, TTEC. I tried similar with daughter's Ateca - the SEAT dealer didn't apply the 5yr warranty, didn't tell us, kept the money (I paid separately) and it was only a chance conversation with the the "SEAT" call centre when the car was 3 yrs old that revealed it wasn't in place. So we took All In instead, and a week later they started the black Friday discount - they wouldn't hear of giving us the discount. They said I culd cancel but tha would mean (at the time) the car needed another dealer check before it could have a new All In plan which would have been a right faff to go through again with daughter's madly busy life.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.