Skip to content

domhnall

Resident Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by domhnall

  1. Next video now on line Wigan to Livingston
  2. first charge at home was 5p per kWh and cost me £2.50 to get to 100% When I was in Milton Keynes I charged up on ionity (£6.53) and then on the way back at Wigan I used an MFG garage (£17.02) and then I did a longer top up than I needed to at Gretna as I was helping an older couple get a charge (they were trying to start Ionity with a Chargeplace Scotland card) so I just kept charging my car and so it cost me £7.74.
  3. Skoda Power pass George, 25p per kWh. No these have all been work trips so on my own. Did a fully loaded trip to Belfast and back with three of us and boot rammed - no apparent difference in the fuel economy The Enyaq really is a brilliant bit of kit
  4. I just drove my Enyaq from Livingston to Milton Keynes. 360 miles 2 stops, Gretna where I needed the loo, and Leeds where I needed lunch. Total cost £18. Total mileage at 45p per mile was roughly £150. For me, electric had already replaced petrol. This is using the smaller battery enyaq not the one with the long range.
  5. Filled up my Enyaq last night £2.50, 💷😂⚡⚡
  6. Another couple of tests between the Enyaq and the Kia EV6 now on line. Not a fair comparison between a 58 kWh Enyaq and a 77 kWh EV6 but the UK doesn't get the 58 kWh EV6
  7. MIne has Hankook Ventus EV tyres, but the 20 and 21 inch wheels come with self sealing tyres.
  8. I've not measured what other Skodas can do but 9.3 m is pretty impressive for a big estate / compact crossover / SUV https://youtu.be/NwJOSbsQeHU
  9. I posted another video showing the return leg of a trip from Monifieth near Dundee to Gretna and then back again. I set off with only 60% battery as it was an unplanned journey. Roughly 170 miles and it was no problem. 60%
  10. George, I have seen the numbers. 30p is roughly break even point for a local authority on these chargers. Why should the council tax payer be funding our motoring?
  11. So once my friend picked up his Hyundai we did a comparison on the way back. Bottom line is that a bigger battery is not always that much better The result surprised me. that uch
  12. Thanks George, still getting to grips with the editing but I'll get there I am sure
  13. Yesterday a good friend of mine needed a lift to Morecambe to collect his new Ioniq 5 Project 45. I took the opportunity to have a proper trip in the Enyaq, a test drive of the Ioniq and a wee head to head test on the way home. https://youtu.be/aPkbx3Zhb_A
  14. Originally I planned to get my Tesla Model 3 ceramic coated but I never managed to get Tesla to fix the paintwork to a point where I could get the job done. So today after 4 days with the detailers I picked up my Enyaq after it had been ceramic coated with Gyeone Quartz dual ceramic coating, Very impressed with the result.
  15. yes I have done 100 kW on an Ionity charger at Perth. You only get the highest rates if you start the charge at a low state , around 10%, same as every EV. Sakdy the dealer who told you otherwise doesn't know what they are talking about .
  16. I agree with most of your review, though I don't have an issue closing the boot so don't think I would spend the extra getting a powered version. The HUD is fabulous and I am glad I added that. I use ABRP and EV Notify to display the battery percentage on the screen. I'm getting 3.8 m/kWh on the motorway so the GOM is showing 220 miles, on more local trips I am getting 240 miles between recharges. This is better than I was able to get in my Tesla so I am very pleased. The one thing you didn't mention was the amazing turning circle. I was at a set of traffic lights when we realised my son left something behind...no problem, a quick U turn around the traffic island with the lights and we were pointing in the opposite direction. This was at a junction on a single carriageway road, only one lane to my right beynd the tarffic island. It turns like a London taxi! Easily the best car I have ever owned.
  17. I got the velcro things and the plasticside dividers
  18. domhnall replied to Helipilot's topic in Skoda Enyaq
    they didn't incliude the USB on the Enyaq but it is really easy to fit yourself. The glovebox is easier to remove than on an Octavia and you can wire it in to the fuse box in about 15 minutes no problem. If you want to see how look up ID3 dashcam hardwire in youtube. The Enyaq ID3 and ID4 are basically the same in terms of the fuse box
  19. just go on ebay and search android 9 multimedia box apple car play
  20. Not a thing yet George, Polmadie is nearly ready though
  21. I've bought a chinese multimedia box which lets you watch netflix, iplayer etc, play android games and use any other android apps you would like to install on it. for some reason on the enyaq you need to delete it from your bluetooth devices when you stop using it or there will be no audio next time you try to use it. Not a major issue as it detects it quickly the next time you plug it in to the USB port. Very handy if you're at a charger or (as I was here) waiting for someone.
  22. there's also Ionity due to go in at Hermiston Gait in Edinburgh at the retail park, end of the M8
  23. happy to have helped. My own car is here now and it is even better than the one I tested :-)
  24. why would or should it be the same George? The councils will have to recover the cost of the power (and their deals do vary), as well as the maintenance of the chargers and of the grid connection charges, all of which will vary from one council to the next. The only things that will be common will be the transaction charges charged by CPS.
  25. that's crazy. My Lounge went through as below £35,000 and it was only the options that took it over. But I got the full £3500 off anyway as I ordered in March.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.