Everything posted by Rbz5416
-
Disable Auto Door Locking
The manual suggests that there should be an option under Opening & Closing to disable this, but there isn't on mine.
-
Sat Nav feature - possibly undocumented
I noticed over the weekend that there's a toggle in the favourites menu, that's dragged down from the top of the screen on my Columbus. Don't know if Amundsen has that?
-
Unable to Download Digital Certificate in MySkoda
Final update I guess. Mileage is correct & a connection is showing after about 400 miles. Before that it claims no connection. Skoda now claim that PDI is no longer recorded online since April. This seems very convenient as an alternative to a fix & makes me wonder why they've only just discovered this, a fortnight after raising the issue. "We have received an update from our technical team. We would like to apologize for any confusion regarding the pre-delivery inspection data. Please be informed that as of April 2025, we have descoped this part of Digital Certificate and therefore pre-delivery inspection data are not shown any more." I have no faith in this system whatsoever & would recommend anyone with a '25 plate invest a few quid in ye olde service log book. This one's cheap & does the job.
-
Wheel Speed tolerance
There's only a couple of percent difference between the circumference of the specified tyres on 17, 18 & 19" rims. My understanding of the TPMS is that when you set it, that's the RPM it uses to measure deviance from. It's possible to lose a little pressure, reset the TPMS & it will happily carry on using the new value as the default. So I suspect you could in theory have slightly different circumferences on all four wheels & it wouldn't care. Although I wouldn't be happy with running mismatched sizes, simply because your insurance company could regard the wrong tyres as an undeclared modification in the event of a claim. So what sizes have you ended up with?
-
Mystery Object Game
@OccyVRS SEL Edition. I believe HBA only comes with the matrix LEDs on the Sportline. There's no options in the menu & no reference in the spec list. Here's a better pic of the back of the mirror.
-
Mystery Object Game
@OccyVRS Thanks. I don't have HBA so I guess that's just a blank over where the sensor would be. So I'd be looking at the same location as you, just wanted to be sure what that was on the back of the mirror. 👍
- Really don't like my new karoq (or two aspects anyway)!
-
Really don't like my new karoq (or two aspects anyway)!
I have the same engine/gearbox on a 25 plate & have no issues with it. It's actually smoother when pulling away than the 2015 Polo I switched from. The 24 plate I test drove before purchase also didn't have any issues. The audible speeding warning is low volume & I haven't changed anything. I don't find it intrusive but I can understand how it might be in your scenario.
-
Mystery Object Game
Had another look at the "foreign object" this morning & thought it looked like an air bubble. One very zoomed phone pic later & it's actually the sensor itself!
-
Mystery Object Game
Surely easy enough to turn it off in software for those, especially since it's now harder to hack.
-
Mystery Object Game
@Exkiwi Thanks, but I already own a Nextbase with a protruding lens, so it wouldn't fit that high up. It's likely to need to go behind the mirror, so need to know what's on the back of it.
-
Unable to Download Digital Certificate in MySkoda
I now have mileage but no connection or service history. Dont know what's worse, it not working or that they apparently don't know how to fix it. Glad I bought the log book now. Another annoyance is that half the time I open the app, it tells me the car's unlocked when it isn't.
-
Mystery Object Game
This is prompted by the desire to fit a dashcam without obscuring anything important. Also, a few times when driving, my SatNav display has changed to night mode & the lights have turned on. I thought I was somehow knocking the light switch to manual but confirmed yesterday it's the sensor kicking in. I tried switching the lights off & got a persistent nag message to turn the lights on, in bright sunshine. I tried adjusting the sensitivity of the sensor & it made no difference. So having a nose around, I have three mystery objects around the rear view mirror. 1) A grille on the leading edge of the mirror/camera assembly. 2) A square on the rear of the mirror itself. 3) What looks to be a foreign object in the rain sensor. I'm guessing that the ambient light sensor is combined with the rain sensor, & the foreign object may be the cause of the spurious light switch on? If so, that's obviously going to be a warranty issue. But what are the other two? Bonus question, if manufacturers fit front facing cameras for road sign recognition, why on earth can't they double as a dashcam?
-
Fuel Gauge Problem
Yes, the range goes up because you're now travelling at a more or less constant speed, & so achieving a higher MPG than when you were sat in London traffic. The system can't see into the future, so can only provide an estimate based on the recent data it has.
-
Unable to Download Digital Certificate in MySkoda
@Tobes_25 Received an email saying they've made some adjustments. I can now download the certificate but as others report, the data is stale. My PDI isn't showing & the mileage appears to be zero. I've reported back with a copy.
-
Reversing Camera
I would have thought that the parking sensors would be good enough for that task? My previous Polo had no camera but the sensors would always squeal when one of the zombies in Tesco's car park played the "Lets run behind an obviously reversing vehicle" game. Maybe do some tests with a large stuffed toy if you have one in the house? Seems to be lots of options otherwise from previous posts, so have a search of the forum. I'd be inclined to get a price from the dealer as a benchmark first.
-
New car time!
@pinkpanther https://www.facebook.com/groups/2109405705979533/permalink/3856201007966652/
-
Unable to Download Digital Certificate in MySkoda
This has prompted me to buy a generic service record book, as one wasn't included with the car. Seems better to retain ye olde rubber stamp records rather than rely on what appears to be a flaky online system.
-
Unable to Download Digital Certificate in MySkoda
@Tobes_25 I got a response last night asking for more details, & another just now that they're investigating. I'll update with any progress. Co-incidentally, I've also had mine two weeks today... My phone is a Samsung S23+ running Android 15 & I have the same issue on a Samsung tablet running the same. Might be an idea to email [email protected] & reference my ticket no. 00274107, so they know mine's not a one-off.
-
New Karoq Recruit
@MrTKaroq Not sure what process you're using but on the few times I've used it, I've simply said "Navigate to <destination>" & it's just worked. That's where destination is either a stored location or a postcode.
-
Karoq wheel change?
All-season tyres are often suggested as being a bit softer than a typical summer tyre. Someone on one of the Karoq Facebook groups has just reported fitting Pirelli Cinturato 225/40/19 in place of the same size Bridgestone & very pleased with the result. But that's a circa £650 investment & isn't going to do anything to protect the wheels. My SEL Edition came with 215/50/18 Nexen & they seem OK. But if you're going to make the change for comfort, 16 or 17 would be preferable.
-
Is the Owner of VE18 BXL Here?
If so, you might like to know that Skoda UK have just sent me full details of your vehicle & its service history.
-
Unable to Download Digital Certificate in MySkoda
As expected, Skoda UK have been typically useless by waffling on about the vehicle not being paired to the app, despite me telling them that everything else worked. They did however helpfully include a PDF of the service history - of someone else's eight year old Fabia... I'll see if I can get any more sense out of Skoda-Auto.
-
New Karoq Recruit
@MrTKaroq UNlike some forums, the search at the top right seems to work well, so maybe start there first. But by their very nature forums are somewhat repetitive, so ask away if you wish.
-
Unable to Download Digital Certificate in MySkoda
It's new but the supplying dealer is 100 miles away. I'll update if CS come up with anything.