Skip to content

Rbz5416

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Rbz5416

  1. As I said, possibly a bad connection. It'll take a few minutes to disconnect, clean posts & terminals & reconnect. A light going over of both with a low grit sandpaper would be good idea. If it doesn't help, at least you've ruled it out.
  2. Sounds like maybe a poor connection. I'd disconnect the battery, check both posts & clamps are clean & then reconnect, making sure everything's nice & tight.
  3. This sort of thing really annoys me with insurers, they demand the vehicle reg, which tells them exactly what the car is, & then they start asking questions about it. Direct Line are one of the worst, having just told them via the reg which car you have, they then ask if it's a van! Try a comparison site via a cashback site.
  4. I've seen suggestions that Skoda sometimes have Black Friday deals, so maybe hold on before committing elsewhere. But obviously worth looking at alternatives in the meantime.
  5. I admit to not fully understanding it, but modern charging doesn't seem to be constant any more. So seeing the battery level drop on idling isn't unusual. I saw this on a Polo with similar battery issues & thought the same as you. But it was just a dying battery. I guess it's difficult to claim under warranty if it works under regular use conditions.
  6. Rbz5416 replied to A6TDH's topic in Skoda Karoq
    I'm sure 4x4 owners will be along shortly but looking at Autotrader pics of new cars, the Offroad button is still present.
  7. Carista is an ODB dongle, nothing to do with a dealer. https://carista.com/en
  8. @checkmate Maybe invest in an OBD code reader to check for faults yourself? If you find something you can clear it & then see if it comes back next time you have an issue. That then gives you something to go to the dealer with.
  9. Assuming you replaced like for like, some keys have 2025 & some 2032, then I'd try another new battery from another source. I used Panasonic batteries from Amazon on my Polo.
  10. Typically with VAG keys you need to press a button on the remote after removing the old battery & before installing the new one. Worth a try.
  11. I would hope that Skoda have specified the wheel to be appropriate, rather than what just happened to fit the space. But like the "goo", where it falls down is when you get a puncture on a Sunday night, 200 miles from home. Being restricted to 50 MPH on a motorway with a procession of HGVs thundering up behind you doesn't sound like fun...
  12. Rbz5416 replied to pinkpanther's topic in Skoda Karoq
    @pinkpanther Yes, as I sad, the 215/60/16 is the "standard" spare & the other is for the variable boot floor. The 16" rim would give you a full width tyre rather than the skinny 125, but you may need to change the polystyrene inserts to match if you were to go for the 16". Posts in threads discussing changing wheels suggest that a 17 or 18" won't fit. Maybe something you need to verify with your dealer.
  13. Rbz5416 replied to pinkpanther's topic in Skoda Karoq
    I believe 215/60/16 is the original Skoda option, except for cars fitted with the variable floor. So not sure why you have the 125/70/18 unless yours is a 4x4?
  14. Rbz5416 replied to pinkpanther's topic in Skoda Karoq
    @pinkpanther By coincidence, someone has just posted on one of the FB groups that they've done the same thing on a Sportline. Spare wheel 215/60/16 with boot kit 57A093860C. I believe you have to go for the 16" as it's a narrower rim & slightly smaller diameter that fits the boot kit.
  15. Rbz5416 replied to pinkpanther's topic in Skoda Karoq
    @pinkpanther Have a read through this. Not a variable floor but does discuss what you want to do.
  16. Rbz5416 replied to pinkpanther's topic in Skoda Karoq
    When I was looking to buy in June, I was told by a dealer that retro-fitting the variable boot floor would be difficult & expensive. Mentioning this on one of the Facebook groups, someone reckoned it was easily achieved for a couple of hundred quid. If the latter was the case I'd have thought the dealer would have been aware. Also when looking I created a thread here, asking if anyone had come up with a DIY solution. It received no replies.
  17. Assuming this was a recent dealer purchase, I'd make a prompt enquiry about the possibility of changing to DSG. I'm biased because I last bought a manual in 1988 & really don't know why they still exist. But if you're struggling for comfort now, that's unlikely to improve.
  18. Rbz5416 replied to gb51's topic in Skoda Karoq
    From what I can tell, a fob with a button for a spring loaded key uses as CR2025 & one with full KESSY & the key inside uses CR2032. But best bet is to simply open it & take a look.
  19. That's why I included what I paid. I had no intention of buying a new car, but the differential between the discounts on new & what dealers were asking for year old cars was minimal. Might be an idea to start each new journey with all the "aids" switched off for now, so you can concentrate solely on getting used to the rest. Having switched from a Polo myself, just getting used to the size of the thing takes a while! I still get caught out when trying to pull in after overtaking on a dual carriageway without indicating, & having to wrestle the steering wheel. 🙄
  20. Yes, it was the configurator I was going by. Weirdly the configurotor for Karoq disappeared completely while I was searching. I thought that might mean the end of the line but it was while they chaged the wheels & removed Brilliant Silver as an option. If it helps, I paid £28.3k OTR for my unregistered SEL Edition with a spare wheel & variable boot floor. Although they did try to sell me £2k of indemnities for paint, wheels, tyres & other stuff.
  21. @Philly112 Just to add that my SEL Edition with Procyon was built late March. When I started looking to buy in June, the web site was still listing Procyon wheels as the only standard option. So I'd be pretty confident that an April car will also have them.
  22. I'm way out of touch with Apple products but check for a setting that automatically resumes playback on headphone connection, Maybe in sending a "play" command it also unmutes?
  23. If that's aimed at me then thanks, but I've largely given up on the idea for the reasons stated.
  24. @Philly112 You've misunderstood me. What I'm suggesting is a simple wheel swap with an SE, not downgrading your purchase. So you keep the SEL & the dealer gets a free upgrade of his SE. I'm kicking myself that I didn't think of this before signing off on my SEL.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.