Everything posted by Rbz5416
-
Aero inserts on 19” Alloys
@Philly112 You've misunderstood me. What I'm suggesting is a simple wheel swap with an SE, not downgrading your purchase. So you keep the SEL & the dealer gets a free upgrade of his SE. I'm kicking myself that I didn't think of this before signing off on my SEL.
-
Aero inserts on 19” Alloys
Something you could try is ask the dealer if they have a new SE in stock with the 17" & see if they'd be willing to swap. I wish I'd done that. The Procyon look dreadful without the cheese graters IMO. In common with many modern wheel designs there's far too little metal, leaving the disc rotors & calipers far too visible. Additionally there's a channel around the rim for the cheese grater to fit into which is nigh impossible to clean of brake dust because it's so small. So I've left them on & have been looking for a set of 17"s.
-
Care of leather trim
I very much doubt there's anything that's been anywhere near a cow in a Karoq...
-
Service history
@Z-man Odd, try emailing [email protected], although they weren't much use when I had issues with the app.
-
Android Auto wireless
There are wireless USB adapters sold to convert a wired system to wireless. But you'd need to research carefully before purchase.
-
Service history
MySkoda > Inspect > Car Details > Scroll down to Digital Certificate. But this will only record work carried out at an authorised dealer. If you don't intend to do that then you can buy a generic service book from Ebay for a few quid. eg: eBay UKBlank Service History Book - Car Van Maintenance Replacem...ALL VEHICLE DETAILS ARE BLANK WITH SPACE TO FILL IN YOUR OWN VEHICLE DETAILS. 10 BLANK UNSTAMPED STAMP BOXES FOR YOUR SERVICE HISTORY RECORD. New Blank Car Service History Books Maintenance Record...
-
2018 Karoq 4x4 2.0 TDI SE L - extended warranty and tyres/wheels?
Someone on one of the Facebook groups advertised a set recently. I'll see if I can find it. Edit Try this link.
-
2018 Karoq 4x4 2.0 TDI SE L - extended warranty and tyres/wheels?
Skoda specify 225 width tyres for all wheel sizes on the 4x4, with 5% profile difference between rims. So you'll be gaining just under 11mm in sidewall for each rim size you go down. Obviously the smaller the wheel, the more you gain. Worth noting the 19" rims are 8J, 18 & 17" 7J & 16" 6J. Some say switching the 19" to all-season tyres makes a big difference, but it's an expensive gamble if it doesn't produce the result you want. I have an SEL on 18" & considering going smaller. But first thing to do is speak to your insurer to understand the implications of changing wheels on your premium.
-
Internal Fuse box: Fuse 40 (12v sockets) - physical size of fuse
-
Mystery Object Game
Just to update, whatever is on the mirror is inactive, so the SatNav can go there once I pluck up the courage to dismantle the glove box to access the fuses. 🙄 As for the switch to night mode, that was the sensitivity of the sensor. But if you change it once the threshold has already tripped into night mode, it doesn't switch back. So you have to change the sensitivity of the sensor, then power cycle via the ignition. 🙄
-
Radio stations Logos database updates
Now sorted. Prompted by Phonostar, I was hunting around the menu for a rescan. Couldn't find one but did go into the previously empty Manage Logo tab & there it was. So just selected it & all is well. I was expecting it to update automatically. So anyone with a new Karoq with Columbus, the correct download is this one & then you have to select the logo manually.
- Radio stations Logos database updates
- Radio stations Logos database updates
-
Radio stations Logos database updates
Apologies for not wading through all eight pages, but is there an update for a current Karoq with Columbus? I've no idea how that reconciles with "MIBs". I downloaded a MIB3+ from the first post & extracted it, but it bore no resemblance to the instructions. The extracted files were simply a collection of logos in .png format, whereas the instructions show "Data" & "Meta" folders. All I'm missing is a logo for LBC in the UK, which is odd as it was also absent from my 2015 Polo until I added it manually. But no manual option is available.
-
Karoq key issue
With VAG remotes, you often have to press a button with no battery fitted before installing the new one. Worth a try.
-
'You have been selected...'
I found when I was searching that the prices on that Skoda list bore no resemblance to what was readily available. The cheapest 1.5 DSG SEL Edition on that list is £36,150 in basic blue. Yet here's one on Autotrader with metallic for £29,570, before you start haggling. But equally, there's clearly some "bait" on Autotrader. Several cars I enquired about had "just sold" minutes before, but there were more expensive options available. The Autotrader ads remained live though. Trying to buy from Marshall at Canterbury was reminiscent of John Cleese trying to buy cheese... 😉
-
'You have been selected...'
There have been heavy discounts on unregistered Karoqs for at least a couple of months. I paid a shade over £28k for a 1.5 DSG SEL Edition in metallic last month, with a variable boot floor & spare wheel. That's around £8.5k below list. Oddly the price of used vehicles doesn't seem to reflect that. If you're in the market to change, have a look at Autotrader first, as most dealers seem to list there. Also beware if trading an older Karoq. While some of the tech is upgraded, certain features have been dropped. Probably most noticeably the Varioflex seating, which is now a nearly £1k option.
-
RAC car insurance
RAC are crooks. I cancelled a full breakdown policy when I bought the Karoq. With 6 months of cover left they refunded 48p! All carefully buried in the small print.
-
Unable to Download Digital Certificate in MySkoda
So, "PDI's no longer show on the Digital Certificate". Look what just popped up on mine: So as suspected, Skoda's position was BS...
- Trying to Understand Android Auto and Skoda Amundsen together
-
Disable Auto Door Locking
Don't know about minicabs but London Taxis have auto-locked for decades. Must be knocking 30 years since I last used one but they auto-locked even then.
-
Mute radio or media for satnav voice
Without actually trying it, I would read "sound reduction 0" as the amount the sound is reduced by, ie nothing. Try setting it to 10.
-
Disable Auto Door Locking
It does rather seem that way. Even more annoying is if you unlock after it's auto-locked, it locks again next time you stop in traffic. ☹️
-
Mute radio or media for satnav voice
Sound > Volume > Navigation Announcements > Entertainment Volume Reduction.
-
Disable Auto Door Locking
@Routemaster1461 Thanks but that doesn't seem to do anything beyond normal locking/unlocking. That's a 2411 spec built in March.