New Toy - Marin MTB

Decided to treat myself last weekend and bought a 2008 Marin Rocky Ridge Mountain Bike.

Also needed something so I could carry it on the Fab so got myself some Thule Aero bars and a ProRide cycle carrier. All seems pretty stable up on the roof, its easy to forget its there and doesnt make much noise. MPG has actually gone up because I have been taking corners extra slow and not accelerating too hard :)

Here's some pic's, let me know what you think.

Alex

RockyRidge2.jpg

FabiaBike3.jpg

FabiaBike2.jpg

FabiaBike.jpg

Nice bike....nice car too!

Have to agree with that! ^^

I have the same bars and bike carrier set up on mine, and like you say they're really stable and very easy to forget they're up there! There have been a few times I've totally forgotten I have bikes on the roof, and probably shouldn't have been doing the speeds I was doing, or cornering like I was! :o

I really really need to get my fat *** back out on my old school bike (GT RTS3)

I used to be on it everyday and then i started driving :D

Looks great! I do a bit of road cycling, never really tried MTB!

219973049_8a97fdd6e9.jpg

Thanks for the comments guys!

I really would recommend the Thule equipment to anyone looking to carry bikes!

I have never tried road biking but I have always fancied it. Always getting passed by roadie's when I come to the big uphills :o. That S-Works looks like it would be super fast!

Alex