1.8T conversion????????

I would want all the wiring from the entire car. In fact, I would want the entire wreck to break it myself and use the parts I need. Only guarenteed way to ensure you get exactly what you want off it (unless you're happy to fork out £££ on custom engine management :D)

it wouldnt be the work thats involed that woud be the time it takes,

Also it brakes the rule of "dont build something you can buy".... the seat ibiza is the same car but with differnt body panels...... and also the polo gti is out now. :D

With respect, you can't buy a skoda fabia vRS 1.8T petrol......... :(

Although many people think you should have been able to....... :cool:

Hence such a lot of discussion on here...... :rolleyes:

I mean why buy an S3 when you can buy a golf gti turbo thats the same underneath (except the 4wd).........???? :o

why buy a golf gti turbo when you can get a Seat Leon cupra thats the same underneath.......???? :o

Some people, fans of the Fabia WRC, wanted to buy the road going version and had to buy a diesel.....

With respect, you can't buy a skoda fabia vRS 1.8T petrol......... :(

Although many people think you should have been able to....... :cool:

Hence such a lot of discussion on here...... :rolleyes:

I mean why buy an S3 when you can buy a golf gti turbo thats the same underneath (except the 4wd).........???? :o

why buy a golf gti turbo when you can get a Seat Leon cupra thats the same underneath.......???? :o

Some people, fans of the Fabia WRC, wanted to buy the road going version and had to buy a diesel.....

are you argueing it for the sake of it?

you can buy an ibiza cupra/r that is the same car as the fabia but with a 1.8t in it for 4k so why spend 10k modifying a car that cost 10k to get the same result?

and as said the S3 is totally different to most of the golf's as its 4WD, 6 speed, leather recaros, bigger turbo etc etc.

and yes i agree to buy the leon instead of the golf.

Sorry if the tone was a bit off, but not arguing for the sake.....(hence the smilies :D )

Just trying to point out that it's something that was never built and quite a few people wish it had been (myself included). It just appears that whenever anyone mentions this conversion, a lot of people jump in with comments along the lines of "just buy an Ibiza Cupra" or "wait for the Polo GTI". It just seems a bit negative to me......

I mean what drives must of us to modify our cars?? The desire to make it individual or improve on what the manufacturer had to offer in the first place.

So i say all power to anyone trying to attempt this conversion (god knows i would be if i had the time and spare cash) :thumbup: :thumbup:

(no :finger: intended ;) )

oh i agree that its all good fun but why spend 10k on a 10k car to get the same as a 4k car, simply not worth it.

i bought my 4x4 estate as i couldn't afford the S4 i wanted, simple as that.

I'd love to build one myself, start with a 2.0 petrol as they have most in common with the 1.8T and are worth feck all.
i want to buld one using a fabia 2.0l saloon,now that would be different,just need to build my big garage first:D

oh i agree that its all good fun but why spend 10k on a 10k car to get the same as a 4k car, simply not worth it.

i bought my 4x4 estate as i couldn't afford the S4 i wanted, simple as that.

I think you're looking at this from a slightly different perspective to me. To carry out said conversion and then use the car as a daily driver would not make sense. As you have said why pay 10k for something you can get for 4k regardless of the bells, whistles and frilly bits.

If i was gonna spend the time, money and effort building the Fabia i'd love to have bought, i'd take it to shows, maybe drive it to the pub on sunday afternoons :o, might take it to santa pod :eek: but generally keep it as a big boy's toy.

I would then buy something cheap (thats also cheap to run) as a daily driver saving up my desire for driving something unique and firly quick for sundays :D

As a friend of mine does with his very tidy E30 BMW 335i touring (that blew it's diff at santa pod during it's last trip there) and crappy rover 214!!!!! :thumbup:

The reason i'm doing it... and the ball has been set rolling through a friend people! (gunna use it as a sunday special) is because i have just got a job at a local honda dealership, with a company car... gives me some extra cash and the ability to play with the Fabia... coming to a track near you. I'll keep you updated!

-Duggie.

Where did you see me? The conversion isn't happening 'till December/January time due to a lack of funds but fingers crossed it will all be ok! As I said, i will keep you updated!

going into risinghurst from cowley, you were at the front of the lights i think and i was in the council van waiting to go straight on.

have you started sourcing parts for the conversion yet? its going to need an aweful lot of them. your going to need to change your complete suspension setup, hubs, hub carriers, loom, ecu, dash pod and all sorts.

Yea, most likely was me... especially seeing that you noticed the stickers! A friend of mine, Jo, has already sourced a rear end write off golf 1.8T, (she has a friend who owns a scrappy) but seems to think The 1.8T from an Audi A3/TT might be a better bet. I dodn't know the TT came with a 1.8T and also I though these engines were all the same! The front suspension is kinda already sorted with the weitecs but i'm gunna get them uprated anyway... the extra weight of a 1.8 will need sorting out. The rest I guess will come of a donor car, most likely from the scrappy!

-Duggie.

you can buy an ibiza cupra/r that is the same car as the fabia but with a 1.8t in it for 4k so why spend 10k modifying a car that cost 10k to get the same result?

The Ibiza Cupra/R is a 4/5 door? I thought it only came as a 3 door? Ditto the Polo.

Learn summat new every day.....

the suspension might have to change anyway because the hubs'carriers might have to change and yeah the weight will be different too.

it was definitly you as it had duggie on the back, felix on the side, was low and on vRS wheels not to mention it had you at the wheel :)

The Ibiza Cupra/R is a 4/5 door? I thought it only came as a 3 door? Ditto the Polo.

Learn summat new every day.....

i didn't say they were exactly the same did I?

the point was they are on the same base but already come with a 1.8T fitted but thanks for the input :thumbup: