Uncontrollable Boost

Quick question if anyone knows the answer.

What would cause a stage 2 hybrid to start boosting to 2.5 bar :(

The car is very laggy then boost comes all in one big lump and holds right up to past the red line.

Ive checked the usual vac pipe leaks and fault codes but nothing.

My theory is a stuck VNT Mechanism, anybody else feel the same :rofl:

Also Are 3 bar map sensors available, i cant log boosts as mine only reads to 2 bar :rofl:

Mine did this when I had a hole in the vac pipe to the actuator, but it's been very good on overboost since cutting and re-terminating said cable.

Other than that, VNT mechanism gets my vote. Isn't your turbo quite new though?

Mine did this when I had a hole in the vac pipe to the actuator, but it's been very good on overboost since cutting and re-terminating said cable.

Other than that, VNT mechanism gets my vote. Isn't your turbo quite new though?

Yer its fairly new, about 5k on it now.

Gunner investigate this weekend, will report my findings :D

Thanks Guys :thumbup:

Sorry for the hijack here but I had to share this.

When I saw this thread title, the first thing that popped into my head was this;

boost_001.jpg

I have no idea why....

Mine did the same thing for a while - tiny leak at the OEM boost pipe joint, only really there at high pressure.

Replaced the top pipe with a SS one with lips and clamped the lot - very smooth boost pressures and more power.

Sure that's the prob mate, good luck

Bas

what i mean is as skud seems to know the answer to everything i think he's fishing for bites...

Bits of information perchance? Thats the usual reason for asking a question. He has an idea what the fault might be and is jus asking for a second opinion, dont get what you mean.

what i mean is as skud seems to know the answer to everything i think he's fishing for bites...
Yes he knows it all:rolleyes:

thats why he's asking a question,he just happens to be one of the members on here who post tech help based on personal expierience rather than what they hear on the grapevine,where as you appear to be trolling for a bite.

Right, lets just clear a few things up.

First of all, I never claimed to know everything.

Like gary said, I try to share Information with other members based on my mistakes (yes we all make mistakes) and personal experiance.

Why come out with a comment like that, I was simply after a second opinion, as with faults of this nature it could be down to one of many problems with the car.

I have a rough idea of why its overboosting so high but was simply looking to see if anyone else had had similar problems/ solutions.

It just so happens that several useful kind people have replied to my question with some very useful information...... For example Bas, the great fabia modding king that he is, suggested that it may be down to a small leak at high boost........ I had not even thought about that. So actually the thread is not as useless as you have suggested. Not only that but its now recorded down for future members to use the search and find some answers...... Yes i did search before posting and found nothing of relevance.

I think you are just annoyed with me about not responding to your many Pm's regarding de-cats. All the information you required was in the thread you had looked at, so why the need to repeat myself I dont understand.

If you stick around Long enough you will realise that Briskoda is a useful resource to have.

Thanks to all who replied with serious answers :thumbup:

Even to Decron for his boost bar pic, made me chuckle :thumbup:

Thank you

John

np skud...but as you put rolling on the floor smileys at the end of your sentences i thort you were just winding...

and the "many" pm's i sent was actually 2 and as you didnt reply i then put a thread up..

then yu actually did reply with your favourite comment..

"search..this been covered to death"

most helpful...thx again

np skud...but as you put rolling on the floor smileys at the end of your sentences i thort you were just winding...

and the "many" pm's i sent was actually 2 and as you didnt reply i then put a thread up..

then yu actually did reply with your favourite comment..

"search..this been covered to death"

most helpful...thx again

But it really has been covered ALOT!

That and the "my vrs beats everything on the road" threads. Along with will a re-map kill my clutch. Along with If i re-map will my insurance find out. Along with all the other stupid threads taking up valuable server space.

Happy to help good bye