Damo's New Car

Damo

Sold my vRS on Friday afternoon after nearly a year of happy ownership

Picked up the replacement on Friday night.

I know its no vRS, but I still think with a few choice mods it will still look pretty good ;)

Its a Feb 06 2.0 tdi PD140 sport (think its basically an ambiente with lowered suspension and 17" alloys)

24k miles

Its got quite a bit of pull in it, and I averaged 64mpg on the way home (which was nice :))

I have ordered the maxidot display in the group buy currently going on, so have to have it fitted when it arrives, and been looking at some 18's, then possibly mfd3 for xmas :D

Any comments/suggestions for other mods etc more than welcome

cheers

Damian

21924.attach

21925.attach

21926.attach

21927.attach

21929.attach

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That does look Nice Damo.

Can one ask what made you sell the vRS??

I really love the boot and your spolier - looks spot on. The only mods I would suggest is remove the black door strips and maybe some tints.

That does look Nice Damo.

Can one ask what made you sell the vRS??

I really love the boot and your spolier - looks spot on. The only mods I would suggest is remove the black door strips and maybe some tints.

Main reason for selling the vRS was for a potential house purchase, which we were outbid on anyway :(

As I had taken a deposit on the car anyway, I thought I would sell it, get a diesel, and bank some cash

After looking at Vectra's, Mondeo's etc. nothing ticked all the boxes like an Octy did, so when I saw this advertised, I thought thats the one.

The mods you suggested are already on my to do list :D

Thanks for the comments

Damian

Very Nice. Did you get the manual or DSG?

Thanks

Its a manual mate, I wouldnt have a DSG (even though they are supposedly fantastic)

I guess Im just old fashioned :o

Looks great !!!

In terms of mods... a remap and VRS Alloy's would make quite a difference

Thanks mate

A remap is on the cards, and I have just bought some 18" alloys ( not vRS though)

The 17"alloys that are on it (Pegasus?) are absolutely mint though, so I will be sticking them in the for sale section soon :D

Cheers

There's one of these in estate guise in my street. Looks really, really nice. I'd need to colour-code those bump strips though.

I will be doing that soon Jon

Cheers

I think there's something that makes a modified non vrs a little more special especially if they aren't made to look like a vrs. If you know what I mean:confused:

I know what you mean mate

I had thought about 18" Zeniths like on the vRS

Then I thought No, keep it original and different ;)

You've got yourself a stunner there mate.... As said above you know a re-map makes sense along with the 18's...... Do those 17's fit on the Fabia vRS????? :D Tints & bump strip removal will finish it off nicely. I've never been a debadged fan but i must say that the photo of the back of the car has converted me!!!! :thumbup:

Hope Mario gives you a good few miles & hours of happy motoring. :thumbup:

Cheers

Dave.

You've got yourself a stunner there mate.... As said above you know a re-map makes sense along with the 18's...... Do those 17's fit on the Fabia vRS????? :D Tints & bump strip removal will finish it off nicely. I've never been a debadged fan but i must say that the photo of the back of the car has converted me!!!! :thumbup:

Hope Mario gives you a good few miles & hours of happy motoring. :thumbup:

Cheers

Dave.

Thanks for that :)

Glad you like it, and your more than welcome to try an alloy on whenever you want :D

For those that dont know, the cars been christened "Mario" by my 6yr old boy btw :rolleyes:

Thanks mate

A remap is on the cards, and I have just bought some 18" alloys ( not vRS though)

The 17"alloys that are on it (Pegasus?) are absolutely mint though, so I will be sticking them in the for sale section soon :D

Cheers

How about getting it over to the Red Rose County and getting something like this fitted before the remap

http://www.pipewerx.com/pwgrafix/pwa4tdi01w.jpg

Be nice to see a 'Sport' nicely tweeked :thumbup:

Always liked the Sport in many way I prefer it to the VRS, as it's so subtle and understated - I like 'sleepers' :D

Thanks, but thats not for me

I prefer the standard tailpipe design actually, and if I do change the exhaust it will be for a milltek full system

Cheers tho :)

I love the Pegasus wheels - personally I think it looks stunning as it is!! :thumbup:

Thanks mate

I like them too, but I have just bought these beauties

21959.attach

I thought 'very nice indeed' when I looked through the photos. But that's now been upgraded to a 'bloody brilliant' when those CHs go on! :cool:

A man after my own heart, that's exactly what I'd be doing if I had an Octy2 :thumbup:

Enjoy :drivesaf:

Steve

Oh, and for Dave's benefit, yes you could fit the Pegasus wheels to a Fab - but you'd need some 5x112>5x100 adaptors. A 20mm set should be spot on in terms of offset, but decent sets from FK and the like can be a tad pricey...

Steve

Thanks for the nice comments guys

few more mods done:-

Xenon bulbs

Blue-ish sidelights

Octavia mats

New Aero-wipers...

Next... the alloys :D

After much deliberation regarding tyres, and studying the thread in the Octavia II section, I have gone for the Avon ZZ3's.

Should be arriving tomorrow, then maybe the weekend get them fitted.

Will post some pics when I get them on :)