Test Pilot Required

Mike - even us "office types" are capable of understanding how a spanner works, you know. Some of us have even trained as engineers, but we don't call you "overall types" .... give us a break!

:cheers:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Gang

WOW

I thought that seeing how the vRS does have a bit of rear bracing i be lucky to see any improvment by making and fitting my own.........NOT SO!

The rear end "Patter" that i used to get on my fav back road has all but gone! I used to have to wait while the rear end settled, but coming out of the same conner its ok in less than half the time.

I was disapointed with the rear end, many friends said that being a 5 door hatch it was never going to have the rear stiffness of a 3 door Hatch..........well, it does NOW.

I might be wrong however, so i need a test pilot........who should i ask?

Cheers

Mike

So Mike,

Am I right in thinking you've developed and made this rear strut brace yourself? I'm guessing once you're happy with it (which it seems you are now) you may be making some additional ones for sale at a very competitive price ;)

If so, will you be arranging a group buy, as I'm sure there are plenty of people on here willing to take them off your hands.

I for one would be interested as it should go nicely with the front SB's I have.

Andy

P.S. It's good to see you've actually fitted it first - lessons learnt from the dreaded bonnet lifters GB :cool:

So Mike' date='

Am I right in thinking you've developed and made this rear strut brace yourself? I'm guessing once you're happy with it (which it seems you are now) you may be making some additional ones for sale at a very competitive price ;)

If so, will you be arranging a group buy, as I'm sure there are plenty of people on here willing to take them off your hands.

I for one would be interested as it should go nicely with the front SB's I have.

Andy

:cool:

Not only that. but i do belive they are quick release removeable too!

Thanks Andy

yes, well i do own an engineering company that makes Tube handles and other fittings for Architects, thus making it or production versions is no problem.

But, i don't do Automotive "Snake oil", too many people do. That means that while i think there is a posative effect i must find a second opion from somebody on this BB that Know's What's What so he or She can give a True Picture of what they think.

I do belive that it does help, like no end but i would like other to confrim this........In short i need a "Test Pilot".

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Mike

OK Geoff

I removed the brace, done instructions and even sent an allen key with it!

Will be sent Tusday via Royal mail/Specal devliey...i hope there be somebody in to receve.

Remeber the sandwitch plates are not made for the job, you will need to becarful when you fit them that the "Trap" atlest some amont of the surface of turret all the way down or they will not clamp proply and just "Rock" when under load.

Cheers

Mike