Fabia vrs insurance

I've just had a bit of a rush of blood to the head again.

Been thinking of replacing my trusty Felicia for a Fabia 16 valve for god knows how long. Then I thought why don't I go all the way and have a Fabia VRS. Fuel economy is good (how much do you folks get to the gallon out of standard car)

Then insurance quotes arose. I can get insured for around £300!! Thought it would be no end more. How much do any of you lot pay. Would like to know.

I've averaged around 46 mpg in the last 6000 miles - quite a lot of twon driving. Usually in the range of 40 - 60 mpg depending on the trip.

Insurance is very variable depending upon age etc - I'm 32 with 6 years no claims and still pay 400 - depends where you live....lots of people find Admiral/Elephant very cheap.

Then insurance quotes arose. I can get insured for around £300!! Thought it would be no end more. How much do any of you lot pay. Would like to know.

It's only insurance group 9 - I guess they don't think boy racers will be buying one ;)

This last full tank I've got 610 miles and it's reading 30 miles still left and I've had the light on for a while. I've been driving like a grandad all week though just to see if I could break the 600 mile mark! If it would make 640 I'd only need 1 tank of fuel a month!

A helluva lot more than that I can assure you.

Whereabouts are you from friend, I live 16 miles from Boston, and about 30 from Lincoln.

A helluva lot more than that I can assure you.

Whereabouts are you from friend, I live 16 miles from Boston, and about 30 from Lincoln.

:thumbup:

Well I am the ripe old age of 47, clean licence, never claimed, etc.

I'm around 16 miles south of Lincoln and 18 miles north west of Boston.

An insurance quote for a Fabia 1400 16 valve was almost as dear as a VRS. So I started to think why not consider a VRS instead. I'm not getting any younger, like Skodas so I could well be treating myself. Would certainly be different to my much loved dependable Felicia.