Mk 1 VRS Octavia Estate. How much??

I got a Vrs estate - black in January full Skoda service 80k miles, from a dealer with extended warranty for just over £5k so £4400 i think is a good deal. I thought mine was a good deal. What i would say is make sure the timing belt & water pump has been changed if not that's guna be your best bargaining tool i think. Either way I think its a good price

Belt and pump not been done yet, thats why I thought it was pricey. That and a set of front tyres which are getting thin. They will be first jobs on the list and at least I will know they have been done!

Some VRS have 17" wheels. Where they an option or is that just down to a change in specs? Certainly look better, but what are the practical benefits in terms of tyres ride and handling?

Some places would value that car at £2k trade, £3k retail, £2.4k private good condition.

Think I would too. I kid you not. ;)

I would say that you will struggle to find skodas for sale at the price some guides suggest though, even so IMO £4.4k is too much for a leggy old petrol skoda estate.

Walk away and find a better one.

Lummox, does that mean that 17" (or bigger ) wheels are not a good idea or can other mods be done to compensate for the lack of bracing?

As to the values, and being a tight yorkshireman I tend to side with the previous caller. but finding a cheap one to buy that doesnt have issues somewhere is another story. Its not exactly a common model either and when you start getting colour specific it gets even worse!!!

Are there any yellow ones out there??

Lummox, does that mean that 17" (or bigger ) wheels are not a good idea or can other mods be done to compensate for the lack of bracing?
Skoda don't think they are a good idea. However some members have replaced the standard 16" wheels with 17" ones and I can't recall any mention of problems arising from this.

Are there any yellow ones out there??

Extremely rare. I can only recall one member on here with a yellow Mk I Octy estate.

I considered one a few years ago, but eventually went for a red one instead. Still wish I had picked yellow just to be different.

Making up for it now with a yellow Fabia vRS!

I have a Silver '03' plate vRS Estate, i've had 17" alloys on for the last 30K miles with no problems.

As for values, i got offered £5000 for trade in on mine (50K Miles) a couple of months ago.

I've just done the belt and pump, 4 new Michelin Sport tyres and uprated front Tarox brakes, so i'm not selling it now!

The cambelt should have been changed 30K miles ago, I find it hard to believe that a car with FSH has not had it changed. I £4,400 is a good price even without the belt being changed, the belt change itself is not that expensive.

Extremely rare. I can only recall one member on here with a yellow Mk I Octy estate.

I considered one a few years ago, but eventually went for a red one instead. Still wish I had picked yellow just to be different.

Making up for it now with a yellow Fabia vRS!

I have one and there is another member with one near Coventry I think. I went for it just because is so different. But it has got me in trouble because it's so easy to spot :P

May have trouble if I ever sell it though, you either love it or hate it.

Some places would value that car at £2k trade, £3k retail, £2.4k private good condition.

Think I would too. I kid you not. ;)

I would say that you will struggle to find skodas for sale at the price some guides suggest though, even so IMO £4.4k is too much for a leggy old petrol skoda estate.

Walk away and find a better one.

Hm, like to see some examples, 4.4k is a bargin imo.

£4400 is far from a bargain - the likes of (parkers especially) have not caught up with the current second hand car market.

The highest reliable mileage adjusted value I can find is £4195, the lowest as stated above.

PX values are irrelevant, as the true value is hidden in the deal.

The trade/auction price will scare you and the values are only headed one way.

The second hand car market is deteriorating very rapidly. This is a leggy skoda, and an old model version at that - people need to get realistic about what their cars are worth - obviously a forum such as this does not offer a balanced point of view, people tend to vastly overvalue their cars.

£4400 is far from a bargain - the likes of (parkers especially) have not caught up with the current second hand car market.

The highest reliable mileage adjusted value I can find is £4195, the lowest as stated above.

PX values are irrelevant, as the true value is hidden in the deal.

The trade/auction price will scare you and the values are only headed one way.

The second hand car market is deteriorating very rapidly. This is a leggy skoda, and an old model version at that - people need to get realistic about what their cars are worth - obviously a forum such as this does not offer a balanced point of view, people tend to vastly overvalue their cars.

Absolutely correct. I have just sold my Octavia hatch 04 vRS with 91k for £4200 and i now consider myself extremely lucky. Look on ebay, you can buy them week in week out for just over 2K.

Darren